RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Oh what the hell, I need more money now!

Go down 
+2
cgetman02
Nuttcaze
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Oh what the hell, I need more money now! Empty
PostSubject: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:17 am

I just saw this, now I'm a little upset, I could have gotten 3 of these kits for what I just spent on my SE and Squadron angry032

Now I need to go find a way to make some extra monet real quick, lol think004

EXI 450 ARF Radio Remote Controlled Helicopter Kit (Plastic Version 2) $39.95

http://www.xheli.com/exi450arfrar.html

Oh what the hell, I need more money now! 18H38-EXI-ARF-3
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Thanks for the free sample of Heli crack!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:51 am

I'm already trying to calculate how much it will cost to get my second EXI Squadron, that I bought for the spare parts, up and flying! Now you give me another airframe option that I can purchase for parts! You are like the pusherman. Let's see I already have the servos, Hummm. orange78

I'm going to have to get one of those Pods in the backyard pretty soon, for the heli stuff and to sleep in if my wife figgures out about all the packages arriving. I'm safe for a while though, bought here one of those Ipod Touches for Mothers Day and she is tickled pink, just wish she could sing better when she sings along with the songs.

Curt orange51
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:54 am

laughing013 laughing013

orange5 she doesn't read the forums

rofl
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Thank God, she just thinks I'm online dating!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:58 am

Mark,
Do you have any recommendations for blade balancing devices, for the 450 class of heli blades? (One more tool that will help justify another build!) I'd like one that would work for the HBFP blades too, as long as I'm getting one.

Thanks, Curt
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 3:20 am

I just use a digital scale and just weigh each blade to make sure they weigh the same. I haven't had any problems yet. orange80
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Duh, why didn't I think of that!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 4:52 am

I have one of those scales sitting on the counter that I use for cooking. I'll give that a try.

Curt Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 7:21 am

Is the EXI 450 for $39.95 shown in the picture a T rex clone? The other day they were also advertising the all metal version of this for I think it was $69.95. I think they are both compatable with T Rex parts. Is that right? If it is, I may have to get one and just hold on to it until I get the money to build it.

DonniE D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 7:33 am

It states at XHeli......18h38 has the following difference to the original exi 450

1) the outer swashplate is plastic
2) the side board has no pattern

The parts page is the same page as the SE so I am gathering that it is 100% compatible with T-rex
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:06 am

yep, its the same as the V1 SE and is T-Rex compatible, I'm making a vid right now about the SE and will be uploading it to youtube shortly.

Also, I'd go for the cheaper $ V2, the swashplate doesn't matter and neither does the fact that the V2 doesn't have the cheasy printed pattern on the frame like the V1 orange71
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:43 am

Oh well, there goes another $40. I love it. excited

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:56 am

WHY they dont send it to Lithuania redface angry032 whacky117 Damm laughing013
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:59 am

Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:05 am

P3tras wrote:
WHY they dont send it to Lithuania redface angry032 whacky117 Damm laughing013

Since xheli doesn't ship to where you live, check this out for another option for a sweet deal on a 450 kit. orange68

This is from Hobbycity in China, I've ordered from them a few times and have had good luck everytime.

HK-450 CCPM 3D Electric Helicopter Kit - $36

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8467&Product_Name=HK-450_CCPM_3D_Electric_Helicopter_Kit

Oh what the hell, I need more money now! XYK-450
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:09 am

Thanks nuttcaze. I saw this deal few months ago, but shipping was 91$ Crazysmile But now I see they updated shipping to 37$ Still the shipping is more expensive than heli laughing013
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:19 am

And there are more great helicopter deals at cy-model: http://cy-model.com/osc/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=k25854e1ps17n3erhhvf4ivu15
Trex 450 plastic edition kit wit carbon blades 106$ (with shipping)
Trex 450 metal clone also 106$ (with shipping) orange68
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: shipping   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:29 am

Anybody know how much it would be for one of us to ship one of them EXI's to him??
I had one of the HK450 from HK. built and sold the thing. Only spun it up once.
It seemed cheap to me. But I've seem other fourms for it and the guys love it.

P3, what are you flyin now?? Do you have trouble gettin parts? If you have trouble with any of this maybe we could help.
You seem to be a really good pilot, better than most of us anyway and I'd hate to see you jamed up cause politics BS. Let me/us know if you need help with anything...
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:06 am

Thanks for your support :worthy: Now I am flying with belt cp v2. Thanks again but I can get parts for belt cp navy2
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Nuts for screws to mount servos?   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:49 am

Mark,

I'm trying to figure out how to mount the EXI servos in the below EXI SE kit. There don't seem to be any nuts for the screws used to mount the servos, like the ones that were in the Squadron kit. I have my spare Squadron kit I could use the nuts/screws from that kit but, I was wondering what hardware you used to mount your servos in the kit? orange78

Thanks, Curt

Nuttcaze wrote:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:17 am

I didn't receive any screws for that either, Thats why my vid doesn't include a whole lot of info because the kit seemed somewhat lacking for some reason compared to my Squadron
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Screws   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:18 am

I know all the servos and heli kits come with screws and some sort of nut ,but I always go a little further and use allen machine screws and ny-lock nuts. I'd rather not have a srevo come loose. And it looks cool too!!
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:38 am

Not all helis and or servos come with nuts and as the EXI 450V2 has an aluminum frame it uses self tapping screws to secure the servos.
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Ahhh, self tapping screws!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:43 am

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't particularly like philips head screws to begin with, especially microscopic ones! I foresee problems, with stripping heads and threads, trying to drive the screws to self-tap them into the frame. I may be ordering one of those hardware kits afterall. Has anyone ordered a hardware (fastener kit) from somewhere you could recomend?

Thanks, Curt
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 6:32 am

As I said before it is direct knockoff of the T-rex 450 V2. Designed to use self tappers for the servos. Only diff is that T-rex has the little plastic backing nuts for the self tappers. I would look at finding a hardware kit for the T-rex. All hex head but you will still be in the same position when it comes to servo mounting.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Kits   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:34 am

OK sorry that I assumed that EXI's came with screw and nuts!! I guess that for 39 bucks you got to give up something. And for the self tapping screw... Thats all the more reason,In my mind to use the machine screw with a loc nut. There ain't much frame thickness for that screw to grab. I go to my LHS and get the Du-Bro packs.
They work great!!
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Squadron extra hardware   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:29 am

I just realized that I have some leftover servo mounting hardware from my Squadron #1 build. I'm going to slightly enlarge the frame holes, to through holes, for servo mounting and use the plastic servo mounting nuts that came with the Squadron. It's the simplest solution and I already have the hardware.

These kind of opportunities are what I enjoy. Trying McGyver my way out of a situation.

Fatdaddy, Yeah, the Squadron came with a good selection of hardware for the fiber frame version. I hadn't considered that the metal frame hardware mounting system would be different. Your 39 buck comment is very accurate. I'm amazed at what we get in these kits for the small amount of money.

If I had it to do over again I would probably wait for the Squadron to come back into stock at Xheli and go that route instead. The $39 vsn. isn't bad and I won't have as much invested when I re-kit it, I guess!

I've been getting more adventureous with my Clearview Sim lately. Going into stunt mode and doing some side rolls, front and back rolls, and trying some inverted flight. I still suck, and lose orientation frequently but I can tell I'm getting better. I'm hoping that this more challenging Sim practice will help me recover from variations from tail-in orientation. (Most of the time I choose unwisely on stick direction and plant the heli, parts would be strewen knee deep on the flying field) orange6

I don't have a full service LHS nearby. There is one across town that I haven't checked out but they have a track and I suspect they concentrate on that type of RC.

Curt

Fatdaddy wrote:
OK sorry that I assumed that EXI's came with screw and nuts!! I guess that for 39 bucks you got to give up something. And for the self tapping screw... Thats all the more reason,In my mind to use the machine screw with a loc nut. There ain't much frame thickness for that screw to grab. I go to my LHS and get the Du-Bro packs.
They work great!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: LHS   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:01 pm

I don't have a LHS that has ANYTHING to do with helis!!! Everything I do or get is online!! I guess you could call it McGyvering it but I've been into machincal stuff and very precision(cept my spellin) machines from racing cars and motorcycles to test engines at work that I just do things a little differant from the norm most times.
Workin in an R&D engine lab for 20 yrs. rubs off on everything you do I guess. So going to the trouble of drilling all the holes,frame and servos and using allen screws and ny-locks isn't odd for me. I tend to be a perfectionist with stuff I build, any failure is not acceptable. I think thats why I tend to have more invested in my stuff than most guys too, and find it hard to go the 39.00 kit route when I can buy an outrage for 400 something and get all high end stuff. I sadly realize that it doesn't help me as a pilot and crashing costs much more!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:39 pm

cgetman02 wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't particularly like philips head screws to begin with, especially microscopic ones! I foresee problems, with stripping heads and threads, trying to drive the screws to self-tap them into the frame. I may be ordering one of those hardware kits afterall. Has anyone ordered a hardware (fastener kit) from somewhere you could recomend?

Thanks, Curt

I take old servo horn, and cut the end off one side, the drill out the hole slightly and use that as a plastic nut, works great
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:41 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
I think thats why I tend to have more invested in my stuff than most guys too, and find it hard to go the 39.00 kit route when I can buy an outrage for 400 something and get all high end stuff. I sadly realize that it doesn't help me as a pilot and crashing costs much more!!

laughing013 laughing013
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Laughing   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:14 pm

So , What Nutts, you laughing at my weakness??? You must admit, my heli's look very good on the shelf!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Servo horn nuts!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:10 pm

Creative solutions, I love you guys. That's why I enjoy this board so much. Great help and ideas.

Thanks again everyone. I just got my three EXI servos mounted in the 39.95, now to review the setup procedure.

Curt

orange6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the hell, I need more money now!   Oh what the hell, I need more money now! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh what the hell, I need more money now!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next