RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

pitch setup question for dx6i

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

pitch setup question for dx6i Empty
PostSubject: pitch setup question for dx6i   pitch setup question for dx6i I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Good day to all. Just have a quick question on the pitch setup for normal mode . What percentage should I put on pos 1 2 3 4 and H on my pitch ? Also for stunt mode. Anybody have any idea? I was flying my blue ray with my dx6I tx, and somehow it just doesn't fell right. At 40 % throttle I'm already flying, I want more rotor speed and be able to hover at 60 % throttle. This way my heli will be a lot stable.

Thanks again,
Blackrain
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: pitch setup question for dx6i   pitch setup question for dx6i I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:26 pm

In normal mode I use

pitch - 48-49-50-75-100

throttle - 0-25-50-75-100

and for stunt mode I use

pitch 0-25-50-75-100

throttle 100-90-80-90-100
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: pitch setup question for dx6i   pitch setup question for dx6i I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:54 pm

thanks mark! orange74
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: pitch setup question for dx6i   pitch setup question for dx6i I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:15 am

Ok some of you guys that know a lot more than me--- Does this make sense for the throttle and pitch curves for someone that does not do aerobatics or 3D or inverted. Just pattern and precision flight.

Normal mode:

Pitch= 48 49 50 75 100

Throttle=0 25 50 75 100

Stunt mode:

Pitch=48 49 50 75 100

Throttle= 0 25 50 75 100
same as normal mode--gets rid of problem of accidently hitting idel up

Throttle hold mode:

Pitch= 0 25 50 75 100

Throttle= 0 0 0 0 0

Use this for set up

If you later decide to try aerobatic, 3D and inverted, reprogram stunt mode accordingly.

With this set up you would never have to wory about destroying your heli by hitting stunt mode by accident.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Last edited by Donnie D on Thu May 21, 2009 1:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: pitch setup question for dx6i   pitch setup question for dx6i I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:43 am

Donnie D wrote:

Throttle hold mode:

Pitch+ 100 90 80 90 100

Throttle= 0 0 0 0 0

Use this for set up

If you later decide to try aerobatic, 3D and inverted, reprogram stunt mode accordingly.

With this set up you would never have to wory about destroying your heli by hitting stunt mode by accident.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

If I am understanding you right, you use this to set pitch?
If so you would still need to set pitch on throttle hold to
0-25-50-75-100 to give you a straight pitch curve from 0% to 100% to set pitch.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Darrel
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: pitch setup question for dx6i   pitch setup question for dx6i I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:15 am

Thanks Darrel, you are absolutely correct. My mistake. I have edited the post.

What do you think of that set up? May keep you from skyrocketing into a tree or slamming into the ground.

May want to tweak the exact settings on the normal and stunt pitch curves to get it the way you like it.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: pitch setup question for dx6i   pitch setup question for dx6i I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:23 am

After reading your post I remembered reading a something along the same lines somewhere else. To me it's sounds like a good idea. Not so much worried about it crashing but you hear so many stories about people who go to pick up their bird and hit the idleup switch and we all know the rest of that story.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: pitch setup question for dx6i   pitch setup question for dx6i I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:35 am

Yeah, it makes sense to me. I think thats the way I'm gonna set up my Belt CP and my ES 600, unless someone chimes in and soots me down. Wasn't my idea though. I saw it on Youtube. Really great set of vids on hoow to change a Belt CP over to a DX6i. Just go to Youtube and type in "upgrading to the DX6i". About 8 vids in the series that take you step by step thru the process.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: pitch setup question for dx6i   pitch setup question for dx6i I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:33 am

That may have been where I seen it to
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: pitch setup question for dx6i   pitch setup question for dx6i I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:33 am

thanks for the input guys orange74
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pitch setup question for dx6i   pitch setup question for dx6i I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pitch setup question for dx6i
Page 1 of 1