RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Esky EK2-0704B Stunt mode question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cgetman02

cgetman02

Esky EK2-0704B Stunt mode question Empty
PostSubject: Esky EK2-0704B Stunt mode question   Esky EK2-0704B Stunt mode question I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:51 am

I have been trying to come up with a way to ask this questions so it will make sense.

So, here goes. I feel pretty comfortable flying my EXI 450's in rate mode. When I switch to Stunt mode on the gyro I feel as if I have less control of the helis. This may be due to my lack of experience on what to expect in stunt mode.

I understand that in stunt mode the gyro is supposed to correct the tail position until the tail is in the correct orientation. How do you set the position that the gyro thinks is correct orientation? For instance if the heli is at 90deg from tail in when you lift off is that tail position seen as the desired tail position by the gyro?

How does rudder input effect the gyros idea of correct tail position? Does the gyro look for no rudder input, while in flight, and uses that position as the gyros idea of desired tail position.

As you can maybe tell from my questions I haven't quite gotten my head around HH gyro mode yet. If any of the above makes any sense, please try to shed some light, on my confusion.

orange44

Curt
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Esky EK2-0704B Stunt mode question   Esky EK2-0704B Stunt mode question I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 4:17 pm

The gyro will try to hold the tail where you put it. When you give any inputs, gyro will listen to your inputs. When you don't give any inputs gyro will hold tail where you put it. Just try it in the AIR. And it is not stunt mode. It is HH mode orange68 Hope you understand Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Esky EK2-0704B Stunt mode question   Esky EK2-0704B Stunt mode question I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:27 pm

First of all its a heading hold mode. With this gyro u will have the option to fly in rate mode or hh mode. I would set the gain to78% then fly her onhh mode. This way your head stays in one place. Now in hh mode if the air pushes the tail what this does ,it counteracts the direction . Making the head locked to 1direction. So fly in hh mode . Its a lot easier and stable. Question? Just reply
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Esky EK2-0704B Stunt mode question   Esky EK2-0704B Stunt mode question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Esky EK2-0704B Stunt mode question
Page 1 of 1