RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

king 2 upgrade question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tntrcnutz

tntrcnutz

king 2 upgrade question Empty
PostSubject: king 2 upgrade question   king 2 upgrade question I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:35 pm

does any one know if the e-sky esc for the 3900 brushless motor has a low voltage cut off point;;; because i noticed with the stock esc it would run down to a certain point and shut down automaticly before the battery would run out of power. is this also the case .
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: king 2 upgrade question   king 2 upgrade question I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:51 pm

If you're talking about the motor and ESC on the Belt CP, smiley-happy088 yes it does, but you shouldn't run your batt that long. You will ruin it that way.

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
tntrcnutz

tntrcnutz

PostSubject: esc question   king 2 upgrade question I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:57 pm

thanx for letting me know it gets too $$$$ to keep buying batteries for my king 2
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: king 2 upgrade question   king 2 upgrade question I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:06 pm

Try not to run your batts down to below 3.8v per cell. The time you can safely fly will depend on the mAh rating of the particular battery. If you have a voltage tester or a charger that shows cell voltages, it is easy to determine how long you can fly on any particular battery. If not, limiting your flights to 6 to 7 minutes is a safe way to go.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
tntrcnutz

tntrcnutz

PostSubject: Re: king 2 upgrade question   king 2 upgrade question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:51 am

i have a honey bee king 2 and i dont want to spend a lot of $$$$ on batteries that gets too expensive.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: voltage!! Dudes!!! PLEASE   king 2 upgrade question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:11 am

Hey guys Use 3.1 volts as your low cut off!!! Please look around so you can verify that what I'm telling you is the truth!!! There are 3 settings on the hobbywing ESC for cutoff they are,hi cut is3.30 med cut off is 3.10 and low cut is 2.85 this is right out of the set up ins. for the 80Aplatinum ESC...
3.8 volts is higher than the voltage rating of the cell!!! EACH cell is 3.7 volts but when fully charged they will be aroung 4.2 .
Lets try really hard to get the right info out there..
They say you can safely run down to 80% voltge which would be like 2.96!! I would not suggest you ever run that low and I have mine set to cut off at 3.1 and never have any problems!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: king 2 upgrade question   king 2 upgrade question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:30 pm

I've been limiting my flights (using timer on DX6i) to around 7 min on my Belt and E-Smart and 6 to 6 1/2 min on my HBFP. That puts me close to 3.8v. I'll set my timer for 8 min on and see what level that leaves me at. Work it from there.

I guess I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: king 2 upgrade question   king 2 upgrade question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:50 pm

I never go below 3.7v myself, already ruined one $100 battery in the past, not about to try it again, lol orange72
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: voltage!   king 2 upgrade question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Well guys, I've been looking into this and you guys could run your batterys down SAFELY to 3.1 volts per cell!!! However if you get a satisifying amount of flight time doing what you are doing then COOL BEANS!!! BUT!!! In light of questions being asked the FACTS are that a 3.7 volt LIPO battery can SAFELY be discharged to 3.1 volts. So I'm just trying to be clear as to what someone might do and what CAN be done SAFELY with the batterys!!!
Not only do the ESC have cut off values that reflect but also the MaxPro voltwatch also reflect these values!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: king 2 upgrade question   king 2 upgrade question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 2:59 pm

I appreciate your efforts and thanks for the info. Most of the time after about 6 or 7 min of flying I'm ready for a break, orange43 but sometimes I wouldn't mind streaching it another minute or two. orange71

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: time   king 2 upgrade question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Yea I agree, after 6-8 min. I'm useally ready to stop also. I use that MaxPro thing and sometimes have a hard time seeing and hearing it depending on how far away the heli is. So far I'm not good enough to let it get very far from me but that time will come and soon too I hope, so I'm gonna have to do something differant then..but for now they work great for me!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: king 2 upgrade question   king 2 upgrade question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

king 2 upgrade question
Page 1 of 1