RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Heli suddenly drops

Go down 
+3
P3tras
blackrain0119
JojoManigbas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

Heli suddenly drops Empty
PostSubject: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:58 pm

Here I go again with another question.
My problem this time is when I'm hovering, all of the sudden the heli will drop about a foot. This happens with out me moving the throttle.
After about 2 or 3 seconds later, it will go it'll jump up to the original hovering height.
Seems like for about a second or 2 the heli will loose head speed.

The only thing I have done different is now I use a 2200mah 20c battery instead of the old 1250mah at 10c.

Anyone have any idea(s) to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Jojo
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:18 am

might be a glitch???
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:39 am

What heli you are flying?
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:32 am

HB King with 4300kv brushless motor with 15A ESC.
Back to top Go down
djem

djem

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:13 am

I think you need a stronger esc. orange78
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:26 am

Yeah, I also think that ESC is too weak orange78
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:20 pm

or maybe esc thinks battery is LVC? then relise that it isnt and get full power again?

-pete
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 5:14 pm

ok - I'll purchase the Exceed RC 30a Volcano ESC.
Seems to be on sale for $17.95 at xheli. I'll get the program card also.
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:52 pm

ok. finally received and replaced the ESC with an Exceed Rc 30Amp.
The program card was out of stock. so I just got the ESC and programmed it manually.
While hovering, the HB King still displays the same problem.
It does not maintain it's altitude even when I'm not moving the throttle.
I'm afraid to fly it with this problem.

Any Ideas?
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:57 pm

it would be nice if you can post a vid on it, this way it would be a lot easier to determine the problem. As for the altitude, you always have to have your thumb on the throttle. it might me the wind gusts or something. Does it drop dramatically? , maybe you have a negative pitch? please clarify your problem, so we have a better picture of whats going on with your heli.
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:39 pm

A video. Great idea.
I'll try to take a video tomorrow
I'm positive its not the wind, coz there was none.
I used to be able to hold a steady hover for at least 20 sec with this HB King, now I cant.
Negative pitch - I'll double check on this.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:43 pm

you go ahead and do that. good luck. maybe your batt is no good. just post a video on it . goodluck bro. ingat ka!.
Back to top Go down
tntrcnutz

tntrcnutz

PostSubject: king 2 dropping   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:34 am

i had the same problem with mine but when i put carbon blades and re set the tracking the problem stoped. also if there is any imperfection in the blades or paddles ,this at a high speed could cause a thing called cavitation. the same thing happes to planes. as the blade spins at a high rate of speed a flaw will cause a dead pocket of air which no lift or thrust is created, i could go into detail but i think you get the idea. basicly iy creates a pocket where the prop or blades cant produce lift until it is disturbed.
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:34 pm

Finally got a video of my problem.
HB King with:
1. new Exceed RC 30amp ESC
2. new BrushlessMotor_EK5-0005

The King starts to bop up and down and at 24, 33 and 38 sec the heli drops then comes back up

And at 20 sec.

This happens eventhough I'm not moving the left stick up or down.

Any suggestion(s)?

Thanks In Advance,
Jojo
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:23 pm

Wait a second. Are you using stock battery? It can only deliver 10A so it is way too weak for this motor. It is even weak for stock motor Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:31 pm

I'm using 2200mah 25C battery.

I forgot to mention, I also put in a new set of blades and still the same thing.
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:45 pm

dont sound like esc/motor/battery cutting out on you, the hs still sound same imo

or maybe recording is not letting us hear whole thing correctlly?
Back to top Go down
GW

GW

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:09 pm

Don't think it's anything electronic, I think it's the cross breeze blowing through the slates of the fenced in deck your flying in. Let me explain what I'm seeing in your video.

If you look in the background there is a tarp or something hanging down in the right hand corner. Every time your heli is dropping down the bottom of that tarp is moving to the right and when your heli is rising the bottom of that tarp is moving to the left. Your heli is to far away to cause that tarp to move by the rotor blades so there must be a breeze blowing.
I could be wrong but I thought that those heli's didn't handle a breeze to well because they are lite.
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 5:15 pm

ok - figured out what it was.
The connection between the ESC and the Gyro was loose.
Causing a slight drop in current to the gyro
After I reinforcing the connections, the heli now stays at the same heigth (no more sudden drops).

I do not have an explanation on how a very slight gyro/tail mulfunction makes the heli drop.
Maybe someone this list can shed some light.

Thanks alot for everyone input.

I'm learning more and more every day.

-Jojo
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 5:41 pm

Maybe you mean receiver and gyro? And maybe it is a 'safety' function to shut down the motor when gyro or servo losses connection to the receiver orange78
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 5:45 pm

P3 - great catch - you're absolutely correct headbeat .
Its the connection between the receiver and gyro.

-Jojo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heli suddenly drops   Heli suddenly drops I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heli suddenly drops
Page 1 of 1