RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

swashplate level???? ad DTS modding

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
eltoffer

swashplate level???? ad DTS modding Empty
PostSubject: swashplate level???? ad DTS modding   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:57 pm

i have a belt cp v2 but i cant figure out how high the swashplate must be, someone told me to put it at a 60% of the guide plate length but one link doesnt has the needed length to put the swashplate at that level, thats my quest

and the other one is that i have seen many guys with that modding, but i dont know if should do it or not DIRECT TO SWASHPLATE the modding basically is to conect the servos direct to swashplate,

does anyone have done this modd???

will it control better the heli????

thanks
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: swashplate level???? ad DTS modding   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:50 pm

the swashplate should be high enough that the arms on the washout assembly are level too, another way of knowing if its too high or too low is if you have more pitch in one direction then the other (like +10 and -6 the swashplate would need to come down some)

I've seen the DTS mod but never tried it myself, it is suppose to give you better/faster control as there are no uneccesary linkages. I personally would buy a EXI 450 kit and move my parts over to that, much better frame and head design then the Belt CP/V2
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

PostSubject: Re: swashplate level???? ad DTS modding   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:56 pm

So all my electronic is fully compatible with the EXI 450??? i would only need to buy the kit on xheli and no more?

thanks for your suport
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: EXI VS BELT   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:43 pm

Yup everything will swap over. I would however look at the CopterX before buying the EXI... The Cop. X that Meanbaby and them guys had is a really nice bird!!! And I think it is down to around 50... Not sure what site but I'm sure they can let you know!!!
I think there are lots of good heli's out there right now for great prices!! I'm not sure if its because the new versions are about to come out but there are some smokin deals right now!!!! One of the best I've ever seen is at Xheli right now, the EXI 500CF @ 139.00 That is a KILLER heli and a KILLER deal... Like you say that the EXI 450 is so much more stable than the HBFP and the BELT CP The 500 is like unbelievable solid!!!
Locked in is an understatement!!!!! So my point is thaty there are LOTS of great deals out there right now!!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: swashplate level???? ad DTS modding   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:38 pm

oh yeah, I keep forgetting about the Copter X, last I remember it was a better deal then the EXI's.

another thought about big helis, another screaming deal is the Guai Hurricane 550, only $299 and it comes with motor, ESC, blades and the kit, I plan on getting one myself very soon

http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/2631
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: swashplate level???? ad DTS modding   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:02 am

Is the EXI500CF is a Trex 500 clone?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: swashplate level???? ad DTS modding   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:11 am

yep, really nice heli, I saw Fatdaddy's before he built it up, almost bought one myself, but the big helis are calling me

(big being helis that use 500mm blades and larger)
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: EXI 500   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:48 am

Yup well now its built and it rocks!!! TREX parts fit exact!!!! I've used the Touqre tube for the tail and a couple upgrades to the head from the TREX 500 I bflew it again to day!! It flys every bit as good or even better than the "E" I'm using 6S/3000's and a scorp so it has got ungodly power!! This is it in my Sig. below!! That pix is from the funfly!! Trust me when I say it rips across the sky!!! I really love it!!
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: swashplste level tool   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:40 pm

on xheli.com they have a swashplate level tool for exi450 will this one work on my belt cp v2?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: TOOL   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Yup it should work on both!!
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

PostSubject: Re: swashplate level???? ad DTS modding   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:26 pm

Well i have no enough money to but a kit i was looking into the king 3 frame it has the DTS system do you think i could change belt´s for the king´s one????

only the frame
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ????   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:38 pm

What is DTS system..??
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

PostSubject: Re: swashplate level???? ad DTS modding   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:40 pm

as you may know the belt cp has not servos Direct To Swashplate (DTS) but the king 3 does, thats what i mean orange74
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OH!!   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:43 pm

OK I understand now!!! I learned on a king2 !
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

PostSubject: Re: swashplate level???? ad DTS modding   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:46 pm

yes many people recommend that helis to learn but i was wondering if the king´s 3 frame is fully compatible with the belt cp v2, i see it has the servos DTS

thanks
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: swashplate level???? ad DTS modding   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:34 pm

you'd be trading down quite a bit to use a HBK 3 frame, much weaker then the Belt CP frame
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

PostSubject: Re: swashplate level???? ad DTS modding   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:36 pm

ok thanks bro :P

BTW im still waiting your new vids from this heli :P, keep it up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: swashplate level???? ad DTS modding   swashplate level???? ad DTS modding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

swashplate level???? ad DTS modding
Page 1 of 1