RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Threadlock?

Go down 
+4
Donnie D
suriano
Nuttcaze
--==AxeL==--
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:18 pm

Hey Guy's,

Just got all new replacement parts for my V2, after the pear tree incident! Decided to get some CNC parts for the head and tail.

I'm sure I read somewhere about using threadlock on some of the screws/bolts, alas I cannot find the info again. I don't suppose any of you chaps would know which ones I need to use it on. orange6

Any help appreciated

Kind Regards
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:31 pm

Thx Nuttcaze,

Will get some at weekend. Any suggestions on which bolts/screws to use it on. Am I right in thinking it's just the bolts/screws that screw directly into the alloy?

Regards
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:36 pm

yep, only put threadlocker on metal screws that go into metal parts.

I've heard that the thread locker will either eat plastic or permanently lock the screw in place, so never use it on plastic.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:37 pm

I learned something about threadlock and the esmart today.
For one, never skip threadlock on anything.
# 2, the Esmart will fly with only one link to the flybar.

Yeah, I skipped threadlock on the 2 balls ataching to the flybar cage.
One came unscrewd and inturn took the entire link with it while I was
fly'n.

The Esmart flew very well and only notice it wasnt rolling well so
I flew it over to me and landed it. Then I notice the flybar flopping
around.

It gives me a strange sence of security that it would fly that good
with a flybar missing a link.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:40 pm

On the linkage subject, does anyone know if when you order a linkage set for the E-Smart, does it include the large links that go to the flybar? (I'm asking about the full metal)

I'm slowly trying to accumulate a stock of parts, so I order a couple of E-Smart parts when ever I order anything.

Thanks
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:36 pm

suriano wrote:

One came unscrewd and inturn took the entire link with it while I was
fly'n.
orange1

Man that was lucky flyaway
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:37 pm

Donnie D wrote:
On the linkage subject, does anyone know if when you order a linkage set for the E-Smart, does it include the large links that go to the flybar? (I'm asking about the full metal)

I'm slowly trying to accumulate a stock of parts, so I order a couple of E-Smart parts when ever I order anything.

Thanks
Donnie D smiley-happy088

Donnie I just ordered a set yesterday....Will let you know.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Thanks

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:52 am

Donnie D wrote:

Thanks
Donnie D smiley-happy088

if you're talking about those large plastic links then no the don't come with the meatl link set or the plastic link end kit, they must be purchased seperately
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:35 am

Yeah, that's the ones I'm talking about. So far mine are OK, but I'm trying to put together a small parts inventory.

Do you know where I can find them?

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
sixth_of_june

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:42 am

--==AxeL==-- wrote:
Hey Guy's,

Just got all new replacement parts for my V2, after the pear tree incident! Decided to get some CNC parts for the head and tail.

I'm sure I read somewhere about using threadlock on some of the screws/bolts, alas I cannot find the info again. I don't suppose any of you chaps would know which ones I need to use it on. orange6

Any help appreciated

Kind Regards

where did u buy the cnc upgrade parts for your belt v2? seems that the upgrades i have seen only fits for the belt v1, can you use the belt v1 upgrades on v2?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Yes, you can! But I think you'll need to use belt cp v1 flybar and tail slider with CNC head orange68
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Yes they are compatible. I got them from here Helibuy.com Quick shipping too from Hong Kong and only $22.90 + postage. If you get the upgrade be sure to use threadlock on all metal to metal parts, including assembled brass links! Has made a big difference to my V2 orange74
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:01 pm

Hey Axel,

Just so I understand, the cnc upgrades that you put on DID work with your standard equipment?

I want to order a set but didnt know if I needed to order anything else to go with it for it to work on belt v2. Do the stock feathering shaft and bearings fit and work with the cnc parts?

Last question; does it come assembled?

By the way your belt looks sweet with those upgrades! :bigthumb:

Thanks,

J.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:08 pm

CNC head uses different feathering shaft. But it is included in the head kit orange71 And most of the CNC heads comes disambled. But it is not hard to assembly it. Just use loctite! And it will work with stock bearings orange6
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:13 pm

Thanks guru :bigthumb:

But that brings up another question, what is the replacement feathering shaft part number for the cnc kit and are they specific to the cnc kit?

OK its actually two questions.

thanks p3tras,

J.
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:18 pm

P3tras wrote:
CNC head uses different feathering shaft. But it is included in the head kit orange71

They included 2 shafts with the kit I got :bigthumb: I don't know the part no. though headbeat Didn't think about that when I ordered orange53 Ho Hum :giggle:
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Here is the shaft. All belt cp CNC heads uses this one. NO: EK5 0396
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:02 pm

P3tras wrote:
Here is the shaft. All belt cp CNC heads uses this one. NO: EK5 0396

:bigthumb: Dude your the man! :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 6:47 pm

Thanks guys,

I have parts on order from all over the world! :prop:

By the time I get done I will have a perfectly flying belt v2. :bigthumb:

Too bad all I can do is hover..... Crazysmile

J.
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 6:57 pm

jstarks wrote:
Too bad all I can do is hover..... Crazysmile

Me too orange6 But hey, we've all got to start somewhere :bigthumb:

Let us know how you get on with new parts orange74
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:25 pm

Hey Axel I have a question for you.

I am putting together a spare cnc rotor head and will change it out once I crash my belt cp v2. I ordered the exact kit that you have and I cant quite figure out where and how the little brass bushings go.

The kit has two feathering shafts (one is spare?) and on one of them there were two O rings and the thrust bearings for the main blade grips, on the other shaft there are two more O rings and two brass bushings that have a flat shoulder on them.

It only takes one set of O rings to assemble the head; right?

Just fitting the feathering shaft through the center hub it is very sloppy so I am guessing that the bushings are to elliminate this slop but they dont fit into the center hub.

One of the blade grips only had a hole in one of the ears for the bolt to pass thru. I had to drill a hole in the other side. Since I had to do this, I am wondering if I have to ream the center hub to accept these bushings??? orange78

I will try to take some pics if my description isnt good enough.

Thanks in advance Axel, orange74

J.
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:40 pm

I found an image of the parts so you can see what I am talking about. Its the two bushings on the lower feathering shaft in the image. The parts I have are blue but the picture of the silver parts shows exactly how everything was when I recieved it.

Hope this helps.

Threadlock? Mtlupg-beltcpv2-slr
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:54 pm

Hey J,

Take a look here CNC Head How-To
This design was slightly different to mine but it really helped me :bigthumb: Your kit that you posted picture of is same as mine. Yes there was two feathering shafts (just as well orange68 ) The rubber O rings should fit into the main head assembly without reaming, try assembling the blade grips and tighten against them, they may just squeeze in!

Let me know how you get on :bigthumb:

AxeL
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:18 pm

:prop: Don't forget, Threadlock :prop:

Check all pre-fitted links/screws. A lot of mine did not appear to have threadlock on them and began to work loose orange54 Make sure you also use it on all metal to metal parts you assemble yourself :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:24 pm

First thing I bought was loctite! I have read too many horror stories about things coming loose. orange74

Would it be possible for you to post a "close up" picture of your rotor head, especially where the main blade grips meet the center hub? orange78

It would help me a bunch.

Thanks

J.
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Hey J,

Will get some up for you tomorrow :bigthumb:

AxeL
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:45 pm

One question that I havent heard yet about threadlock'

If a screw HAS threadlock on it when you remove it, do you need to re-apply threadlock before you put it back?

Is it a one time application?

Should you clean the screw before you re-apply threadlock?

OK that was more than one question but who's counting!!! :hahaha:

Anyone???
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:58 pm

Hey J,

Sorry never got pics up, been manic trying to get a job completed for work! Yes you will need to re-apply threadlock and remove any old residue from previous application of threadlock, I use an old suede brush orange68

Did you manage to get it sorted out, if you still need pics I will get some up at weekend, actually got some time off orange71
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Threadlock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threadlock?   Threadlock? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Threadlock?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: General Chat - New Members Start Here-
Jump to: