RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?

Go down 
+2
Nuttcaze
Pittnuma
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? Empty
PostSubject: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:54 am

May sound an odd question.

But how does the belt cp v2 compare to the Trex 450?

I'm curious and for a future project around that size.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:27 pm

night and day difference, I love the Belt CP but it is no where near as precise as a T-Rex, all the plastic and slop in the Belt CP makes it drift around but the T-Rex (and clones) are alot more stable due to less slop
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:05 pm

If we say T-Rex clone, are they exactly the same as the T-rex (design, parts, etc)?
Are the parts compatible from one clone to the other?

What about the cost for repair between belt cp and t-rex clone, which one more expensive?

What do you suggest if I want to move up, Belt CP or T-rex 450 clone?
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:44 pm

pinguin6218 wrote:
What do you suggest if I want to move up, Belt CP or T-rex 450 clone?
i was kinda thinking the same thing myself orange69
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:12 pm

most clones are exactly like the T-Rex's so getting parts is easy, not alway cheap but easy.

The one thing about buying a kit is if its your first CP it will be overwhelming at first, luckily we're here to help you but it will still be a bit of a challenge at first when it comes to setting them up. But thats the benefit of getting the RTF Belt CP V2, you only need to do minimal set up and you're ready to go rather then building the entire thing yourself.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:20 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
The one thing about buying a kit is if its your first CP it will be overwhelming at first, luckily we're here to help you but it will still be a bit of a challenge at first when it comes to setting them up. But thats the benefit of getting the RTF Belt CP V2, you only need to do minimal set up and you're ready to go rather then building the entire thing yourself.
aahh,never thought of it like that orange74
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:27 pm

alot of people don't but like I said we're all here to help and most have cameras to post pics to help explain things
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:11 pm

247rememberme, I would recommend this heli for you! It is RTF trex clone with CNC upgrades, computerized tx and aluminum case. Everything you would need to have a great cp. Of course if you have money for it Wink And as you live in UK the shipping would not be expensive for you!
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:17 am

Actually, I enjoying building something. Today, everything is ARF or even RTF. Back 20 years ago, almost everything in kit. I guess nowadays no one wants to build something. When you buy a car, it's RTD (Ready To Drive). Anyone wants to buy a car kit for half the price or less? :hahaha:

I ask E-Sky, they say they have Belt CP v2 in kit version. But I check several store, no one sell kit, they only sell RTF.

Also I think, if I build something, I can understand more about the function of every part and how to adjust them.

I still remember building my RC car from scratch 20 years ago. It's a lot of fun. orange68
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:14 pm

I agree. When I built my E-Smart, I learned quite a bit from the build process. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm getting there.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:41 pm

pinguin6218, I wouldn't recomend building belt cp kit. They are very expensive and qualify is not the highest orange44 If you want to build plastic version heli I would recomend building HK 450 and if you want to build carbon/CNC heli buy copterX or tarrot 450 orange71
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:49 pm

so which do you think would be the best Clone of the Trex 450?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:58 pm

I think nobody knows that Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:31 pm

P3tras wrote:
247rememberme, I would recommend this heli for you!
hey p3tras,
you kinda beat me to my next question with this heli orange6
heliguy has this heli and a couple more like it that i had seen before.
are these heli`s a better choice than the Belt?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:58 pm

Of course that they are better! It is trex clone with alot better head deign than belt cp (less slop, easier to set up and more stable) and it comes with full CNC upgrades. The other variants are the almost the same, but they don't come with comp tx. I would recommend to grab heli with comp tx. Sooner or later you will need it orange71
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:06 pm

P3tras wrote:
The other variants are the almost the same, but they don't come with comp tx. I would recommend to grab heli with comp tx. Sooner or later you will need it orange71
this may seem kinda dumb but is a "comp tx" a tx that is compatible with other heli`s?
like a dx6i?
if so,i`m not gonna be buying another heli for `AGES`so why not have 2 tx`s for 2 heli`s?
if a `comp tx` is not that excuse my NOOB questions noob
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:15 pm

Yes you can use it with many helis as dx6i (even with e-smart) Comp tx is better because you can program throttle range, pitch range, add expo, and many other things orange74 But when you have basic tx you are are limited with stock settings orange83 And it is great to program your heli the way you want it to be orange71
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:36 pm

hey p3tras,
you`ve just made a cp even more appealing Crazysmile Crazysmile Crazysmile
the tx that comes with the heli you showed me does seem to have a lcd screen so won`t that be ok(ish )for programming?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:42 pm

Yes, it is pretty good programmable TX orange6
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:01 pm

Well think I have decided I'm going to get the HBFP and CP V2 to learn on then I'm gonna use my TERRAMUNDI to save up for a Trex and put a scale body on it.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:41 pm

P3tras wrote:
Yes, it is pretty good programmable TX orange6
hey p3tras,
thanks for that orange74
i`m saving now so hopefully it will still be available when i`ve got the cash orange71
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?   How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How does the belt cp v2 compare to Trex 450?
Page 1 of 1