RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Thunder T6 Charger

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Thunder T6 Charger Empty
PostSubject: Thunder T6 Charger   Thunder T6 Charger I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:54 am

OK, I've got a couple of dumb questions, so try to humor me.

I have a Thunder T6 charger. Love it. Great charger.

Question is, when I charge my lipos, so far I allways use the Lipo ballance feature, and when my batts get to about 4.15v to 4.16v per cell, the charger says FULL, and cuts off.
Is that the right voltage level for full, or should it be a bit higher?
If so, how do I change that setting.

Next question, mine will automaticly cut off at 120 minutes and show TIME. I know that is a safety feature, but sometimes that happens before the batts have fully charged and I think that can be increased a bit.
If so, how do I do that.

If anyone would take me step by step thru these couple of things, I would appreciate it .
I can't seem to make much sense of some parts of the manuel.

Thanks in advance,

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Mozzy

Mozzy

Thunder T6 Charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder T6 Charger   Thunder T6 Charger I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:48 am

Hi Donny D.

I use the Thunder AC6 charger, but I guess it uses the same firmware/menu
Mine charges to 4.20 volts per cell. In the menu under USER SET, PROGRAM, the first option, does it say "LIPO V.TYPE 3.7V"?

I never had it time out on me (safety cut off also set to 120 min.). At what current are charging your batteries?
I also only use the Lipo balance featureand charge my batteries at a rate of 1C. So I charge my 2200 mAh 3S packs at 2.2 Amp. This takes the charger a little more than one hour to fully charge the pack.

Hope this helps.

Martijn
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Thunder T6 Charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder T6 Charger   Thunder T6 Charger I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:25 pm

I'm pretty sure it is on Lipo 3.7v, but I'll check to be sure.

I charge using Lipo balance at 1C rate(1800mAh batt at 1.8A--4000mAh batt at 4.0A--etc.)

But, for some reason, it stops and shows FULL at 4.15 to 4.16v per cell no matter what batt I'm charging.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thunder T6 Charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder T6 Charger   Thunder T6 Charger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thunder T6 Charger
Page 1 of 1