RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Thunder AC6

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:41 pm

I have a HBFP with a 7.4v 800mah 2cell Li-po. With the stock esky charger it takes about 60 - 90 mins to charge. I'm still in the learning stages so I get about 6-7 mins TRYING to hover. LOL

I received the Thunder AC6 charge and watched Nuttz youtube video to learn how to operate it. When I charge on "Lipo Balance" setting it shows the two cells at 4.20v each. Took about 50mins.

Is it just balancing the cells or charging/balancing at the same time?

The reason is after the initial "Lipo Balance" charge, my HBFP can barley get in the air. I'm going to try it on the "Lipo Charge" setting and see what happens. If I need to charge it then balance it, may seem like a hassle. Probably not the case though.

Not sure if battery is bad or charger is bad. I don't have an extra battery so I can't eliminate the bad battery theory.
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:39 am

Please disregard previous post. I figured it out.
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:57 pm

please give me a hand i got the same charger but a 3cell battery

1.- if i choose LIPO BALANCE will it charge also or just balance my cells????

2.- will it stops chraging o balancing when it becomes fully charged or i have to stop it??

3.- if so, when i must stop that procces?

4.- what is the MINIMUM voltage i could have on each cell?

5.- what is the MAXIMUM voltage i could charge on each cell???

6.-what is the voltage limit to stop flying

7.-in the AMP setting, how much amps should i set??

thanks
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:36 pm

eltoffer wrote:
please give me a hand i got the same charger but a 3cell battery

1.- if i choose LIPO BALANCE will it charge also or just balance my cells????

2.- will it stops chraging o balancing when it becomes fully charged or i have to stop it??

3.- if so, when i must stop that procces?

4.- what is the MINIMUM voltage i could have on each cell?

5.- what is the MAXIMUM voltage i could charge on each cell???

6.-what is the voltage limit to stop flying

7.-in the AMP setting, how much amps should i set??

thanks

To answer your questions:
1. It will charge and balance as long as you choose "Lipo Balance"

2. Yes, It will "beep" to signal charge has been completed. Then you must unplug it from the wall cause there is no on/off switch. If it doesn't "beep" you can go into settings and configure it.

3. Answer has been explained above. When each cell has reached 4.2v ea it's fully charged.

4. Minimum voltage depends on who you listen too. I thinks Nutt said 3.8v ea (don't quote me), other info I got said 3.6v or 3.0v each cell. I noticed anything under 3.8v my HBFP can't get any lift (around 6 mins)......remember I'm talking about each cell now, not your total battery capacity. Try and google lipo you will find lots of info. I'll try to post a link later on.

5. Maximun voltage each cell would be 4.2v

6. Voltage limit would be around 3.8v each cell. If you check out Nuttz review on this charger I think he mentions about 3.8v.....check it out

7. Amp setting should be 1c. (example 800mah = .8) (1000mah = 1) (2000mah = 2) what is your mAh rating?

Lipos are extremely dangerous if you don't follow their guidelines. Please research more info so you are comfortable working with them. That's what I did and now I have a better understanding for Lipos. Good Luck

<'///<
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:39 pm

Ok now i understand, my lipo is 2200 so i must set 2.2 amp????

thanks
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:28 pm

yes, that is correct. Took me a while to research and understand all the technical stuff too. I have 3 more 900mAh batteries on order. Can't wait to put the charger into use.

Aloha,

HITMAN808
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:08 am

you can run a LiPo lower then 3.7v but I will NEVER recommend anyone ever do that, its very hard to ruin your batteries if you stop flying when you 3.7v, going lower then that and its your own risk, some say its fine but I ruined a $100 battery doing that and that is why I always tell people to stop at 3.7v
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:13 am

so that "alarms" we can find out there on sites like xheli are not recommended???? i mean because it starts ringing at a 3.0 V (im not so sure) but its lower than 3.7, so how do you know when to stop flying during a flight??????
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:44 am

I usually time my flight (starting with 6 mins) then measure the voltage in the battery afterwards and then adjust my next flight accordingly, I use my battery charger to check the voltage in each cell
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:40 pm

hey marc someone told me ALWAYS to use LIPO CHARGER and not LIPO BALANCE cuz it will decrease my battery life, and just some times use the balance option is that true, he was talking about another chargers but i was wondering if its for this one (thunder ac6)

what do you think???
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:07 am

I only charge with LiPo balance, been doing it that way for over a year and never had any problems
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:11 pm

I only have the Lama4 and HBFP with 3 7.4 lipos, do I realy need a balance charger or is the ESky charger ok, will buy different (more) batterys later, still 7.4's (untill I get the new HBFP V2 hehe), no money tree yet so I don't wont to waste money on charger (more for Heli's) if I don't need it.... I will get a Thunder AC6 if it's realy worth it.
Any help would be nice, don't know what to do......
orange44 Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:30 pm

The Esky charger is fine for the 7.4v batts. I if you need to charge anything larger than 3 cell batts, then you will have to get another charger.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:46 am

davesheli wrote:
I will get a Thunder AC6 if it's realy worth it. orange44 Crazysmile

It's worth it! I used the esky charger twice while waiting for the AC6 to be delivered and it takes a long time. Not knowing much about the AC6 I went ahead and bought it cause everyone said "you will need a better charger eventually". I'm glad I made the purchase. Thanks Nuttz!!

The stock esky will do but once you realize how fast the AC6 can charge, you'll know it's worth it. I have 4 batteries 7.4v and it takes me about 2 hours give or take to charge them all. The esky would take me about 4 hours.

Another thing to consider is they might be out of stock when you decide to get it.

<'///<
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 8:02 pm

Thank's DD & Hitman orange74

Faster charge means more crash time, I mean fly time lol.... flyaway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thunder AC6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder AC6   Thunder AC6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thunder AC6
Page 1 of 1