RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HBFP blade tracking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
branflake12

branflake12

HBFP blade tracking Empty
PostSubject: HBFP blade tracking   HBFP blade tracking I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:49 pm

Hey all,
been a while since ive been on (out of the country, got married)

Got back to tinkering with the bee last night and I cannot get the main blades to track at all.
At speed, they are 1/4" apart and no amount of bending got them closer. I took the whole blade+holder assembly apart and nothing appears damaged. These are my original blades (actually, everything is still original) and they have had their share of crashes. is it just time for new blades?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: HBFP blade tracking   HBFP blade tracking I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:42 pm

Look which blade is working higher. Then you can warm it up with a hair dryer (not must) and twist it counter clockwise.And you can do that till you have perfect tracking .
Hope it helps orange74
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

PostSubject: Re: HBFP blade tracking   HBFP blade tracking I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:23 am

Yes...those plastic blades are impossible to track if they are warm even a little. Get yourself a pair of wooden blades. Got mine from USHobby and they track right on the money.
Back to top Go down
branflake12

branflake12

PostSubject: Re: HBFP blade tracking   HBFP blade tracking I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:53 am

no upgrades needed for the woodies?
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

PostSubject: Re: HBFP blade tracking   HBFP blade tracking I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:42 am

I didn't do any upgrades. I think it is a bit more stable with the wooden blades. I suppose you could upgrade the main motor, but then you would have to upgrade the tail motor as I doubt it would be able to keep up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HBFP blade tracking   HBFP blade tracking I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HBFP blade tracking
Page 1 of 1