RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
burton8012

setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing? Empty
PostSubject: setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing?   setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:28 pm

is setting the pitch and blade tracking the same cause i watched a video on blade tracking and your adjusting the same links when i set my pitch to 0 @ half stick in 3d mode?

-BRYAN
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing?   setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:11 am

You can say so orange73
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing?   setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:05 pm

Here is my follow-up question...

So you set your blade pitch to 0 on both blades in 3D, adjusting the small linkage.

Next, you power up the heli and check the blade tracking. You need to make a slight adjustment to the longer linkage to bring the blade into the same plane.

IF you go back and check the blade pitch, will it still be at 0 in 3D? Or will the adjustment made for blade tracking throw the pitch off again?

I am GUESSING that the length of the pivot point on the Bell Control Arm (links the long and short linkages at the top of the rotor head) makes the adjustment to the LONGER linkage inconsequential to the blade pitch in general (barely measurable) but makes a difference to the tracking when rotors are spun up...

Can anyone tell me if this sounds right?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing?   setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:27 pm

When adjusting pitch to 0 degrees I think you should adjust the long linkage. And if you adjust it right tracking should be also good (unless feathering shaft is bent) orange44 And when you adjust tracking you use also use the same linkage as adjusting the pitch.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing?   setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:30 pm

Sound pretty correct to me. The thing is if your guage is good and no warping
on the blades and everything is correct....setting the pitch to 0 in 3d at center
collective on both blades should set the tracking as well. If afterwards the tracking
is a little off something might be to blame like a warped blade bent linkage or
feathering shaft. If the tracking changes a lot then look for a bent feather shaft.
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing?   setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:28 pm

I just rewatched the Nuttcaze video "ESky Belt CP V2 Beginners Guide - Part 3" and it indeed shows moving the short adjuster to set blade pitch.

Looking at the "system" of link rods and the control arm, it looks like the longer rod (from the swash plate up to the Bell Control Arm) makes a finer adjustment to the blade pitch, and the shorter rod, from the control arm to the blade grip is more coarse.

So if you set the blade pitch using a pitch gauge and turning the short adjuster, you get it pretty close (after all, you are still only kind of eyeballing the gauge as level with the flybar). Then the fine tuning comes in when you spin up the blades, and can tweak the longer rods for true tracking.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing?   setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Belt cp manual says: Never adjust the short linkage orange78 But you can't trust those chinglish manuals Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing?   setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Quote :
Belt cp manual says: Never adjust the short linkage But you can't trust those chinglish

(I wonder if that is specific to the Belt CP or if it applies to both the CP & CP V2?)

In any event, man, you are SO right! I never noticed that in the manual... Probably because I didn't read it especially when Nuttcaze spent SO much time putting out the vid. orange71
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing?   setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:58 pm

On v1 the short linkage is all from plastic, so not adjustable (I'm pretty sure) orange72
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing?   setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

setting pitch and blade tracking the same thing?
Page 1 of 1