RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eddie NYC

?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement Empty
PostSubject: ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement   ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:37 pm

My V2 should be here next week and i have 2 questions.

1) I want to get a second battery for this. I see that what comes with it is an 11.1 800 battery. I didn't see a spare on xheli so didn't order it. I've only found this battery in Asia so far, but what battery should i order that would be a comparable setup in terms of size and power. I honestly don't understand the difference between the 800 mhz, 1000 mhz and so on that I see when I look for the 11.1 batteries. What am I safe using with this so I don't blow up the motor!

2) in Nuttcaze's intro videos for the V2, I see the batter is placed on the front of the heli and held on where the heli pics show the battery sitting fully in the battery slot in the body. Should we stick it out front b/c it balances better and if so why would they put the battery slot where they do so that it doesn't balance?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement   ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:13 am

I don't have an HBFP V2 so I can't answer question 2, but this should help with question 1.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

http://knol.google.com/k/jason-moller/a-beginners-guide-to-lithium-batteries/fkm20m0h0ff0/3#
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement   ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:14 am

I have found with the battery sat all the way in as shown the tail sits down. But if you follow Nuttcaze's advice and put the battery at the front it balances spot on.

I have put a small piece of velcro on the bottom of the battery and use the strap, seems very secure this way. Just wish the wind would drop enough to actually try it.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement   ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:19 pm

For batteries, all you need to make sure of is that the batteries are 11.1V, they can be any "C" Rating, and the capacity should be between 800mAh and 1350mAh.

A higher mAh rating means longer flight times but the battery is also heavier so it'll take more power to lift off so you don't always get longer flight times, but between 800-1350 is good.

I had got a preproduction model so I didn't realize they would normally come with a velcor strap but I do the same as Pittnuma, use a small piece of velco on the tray and battery and then use the strap to keep it in place, doesn't go anywhere. And you need to have it like I showed in my vid to make the heli balance.

What color did you get?
Back to top Go down
Eddie NYC

PostSubject: Re: ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement   ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Red, but it was a tough choice though because the green is so slick IMO. main factor was that my backyard has a lot of trees and I wanted something that I thought would be easier to see.

are there any second batteries that you would specifically avoid because of either dimensions or weight?

thanks for the most helpful videos on the net too!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement   ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:48 am

I don't know of any batteries off hand to stay away from, alot of it comes down to how you take care of them, but anything over 1350mAh will be too heavy, try to stay around 1000mAh if possible.
Back to top Go down
willy007

willy007

PostSubject: battery   ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:03 pm

I havent got my HPV2 its on the way though, i have a esky big lama it use the same lipo and the esky version didnt fair to well it takes along time to charge and holds a little less charge each time it seems, so i got a Outrage XP25 from helidirect when they were on sale, best lipo i have gotten yet. :bigthumb: It seems to hold a longer charge, same size pysically but the rating is 25c and the difference in power is very impressive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement   ?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

?? on a second battery for HPFP V2 and general battery placement
Page 1 of 1