RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM?

Go down 
+3
Donnie D
Nuttcaze
txflyer512
7 posters
AuthorMessage
txflyer512

txflyer512

Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM? Empty
PostSubject: Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM?   Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Hey everyone Im new to this forum but not necessarily to RC Heli's(2 hbfp, walkera 36, Blade cp).
Anyways I was looking into the Esky Belt cp v2 thanks to nuttcazes helpful and informative videos, and already have my checkout bookmarked!
The only question I had though is for me, a lone pilot, would I really need the 2.4Ghz just for some scale and light 3D flying? I wont even be anywhere near another RC flying aircraft so I guess that cancels out the interferance issue.
Im just looking to save some money and XHELI.COM has a free shipping special!!! WOOOOO. So my combined total is only 160.00 for the RTF FM version. Your input and opinions will be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM?   Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:08 pm

nice to meet ya, I would say get which ever is cheaper and save for a Spektrum DX6i or other computer programmable Tx, it'll really make a world of difference for the way your Belt CP will fly.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM?   Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:22 pm

Here is my 2cents worth.

Pros for FM version:
Cheaper
If you plan to get a digital transmitter like the DX6i later, (and if you stay in the hobby, you probably will) you will be getting a new receiver as well, and you will not be able to use the stock 2.4 G rec anywy with the new radio.

Cons for the FM version:
GLITCHING--I had a lot of glitching with mine, enough to cause a couple of crashes. Not everyone has that problem, but I did. So. if you go for the FM, just be prepared for this as a possable problem. I highly recommend that you strap the heli to your workbench the first time you spin it up. I don't want to make this sound worse than it is, by far, most of my flights with the stock FM radio were glitch free, but it only takes one bad glitching flight to do some real damage.

Since I've changed over to a DX6i, I have had no problems with glitching.

My recommendation then, woud be this:

If you plan on getting a digital radio soon, I would take a chance with the FM version.

If you plan to get one a good bit later, or not at all, I would spend the extra and go with the 2.4G. I've never used the Esky 2.4G system, but I would imagine you would have less glitch problems if any at all.

Someone else weigh in and give him some advise.

Hope this helps you,

Donnie D smiley-happy088

By the way, that's one heck of a bruise you have on your shoulder. You ought to have that looked at. laughing013 laughing013 :crylaugh:
Back to top Go down
txflyer512

txflyer512

PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM?   Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:42 pm

Wow this forum is GREAT! 2 replies withing 10min of me posting! And with helpful information about what i asked, you got a great thing going nuttcaze! That really helps because that dx6 is a awesome tx! and I probly will end up owning one soon. I have another Post up about wether or not TO go with the Belt or the EXI 450 after seeing your helpful videos and how well it flew so some more 2cents would be awesome! Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: My 2 Cents!   Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:09 pm

txflyer512 wrote:
Wow this forum is GREAT! 2 replies withing 10min of me posting! And with helpful information about what i asked, you got a great thing going nuttcaze! That really helps because that dx6 is a awesome tx! and I probly will end up owning one soon. I have another Post up about wether or not TO go with the Belt or the EXI 450 after seeing your helpful videos and how well it flew so some more 2cents would be awesome! Thanks guys.

Welcome! I think you will find a great group of helpful guys here. My experience has been with a Honeybee Fixed Pitch and I have been flying 2 of the EXI 450's for the past few months. My opinion would be to go with the EXI as its being an Trex 450 clone allows you to find parts and upgrades at an endless number of places. I also am using the DX6i and AR6100e transmiter/receiver combination. I have been very pleased with the Tx/Rx combination, they are very adjustable and you are able to have 10 individual models stored in the radio. When I purchased the EXI I purchased 2 of the kits so as to have one available for parts for the eventual crashes. That has worked out well and would suggest you consider doing that. I have actually purchased 2 EXI Squadrons and 2 of the $39.95 EXI kits.

I think you would be pleased with the EXI's quality and their ability to use the vast supply of Trex parts.

Good luck with your decision and be assured we will be here for support.

Welcome Again! :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
txflyer512

txflyer512

PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM?   Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:17 pm

Wow it seems like the EXI is the way to go haha. I love Align canopies and parts, they even look simplier than some of the other brands' parts to replace and uprgrade, and any Trex clone has GOT to be amazing! Does anyone know of a good website where they sell a cheap RTF version of the EXI 450 and a cheap kit? Xheli has the RTF but not just the kit :/. Also a good website with all the parts and upgrades I would need?

Thank you all very much for all your help.
Back to top Go down
txflyer512

txflyer512

PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM?   Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:30 pm

Oh and ive noticed that there are different types of the EXI 450. The genesis, Blue-Ray 450 SE, and the LEGEND 450 SE. What are differences and which one would be my best bet? I noticed thatthe legend has the headlocking gyro and is more in my price range (under 200) so Im looking into that one. Lets hear some opinionsand thoughts.
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM?   Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:03 am

Does anyone know which channels from the stock rx of the belt cp v2 correspond to the channels on the Spektrum AR6100?
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM?   Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:13 am

For what it's worth:

I just sold my 2.4ghz TX and RX for $30 on eBay. The 72mhz go for almost nothing.If you're not planning on upgrading to a DX6i or something like that, go for the less glitchy system and sell it when you are done.

-Chris
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM?   Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:18 am

I have a DX6i from my Blade 400. I am looking to get all my heli's on one controller.
Back to top Go down
txflyer512

txflyer512

PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM?   Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:08 am

Well now with all this new input and information Im looking into the EXI and they all come with 2.4Ghz so problem solved haha. As I said earlier I was trying to figure out the pro's and con's between the different types of EXI 450's (genesis, blue-ray, and legend) and which one would be better for someone in my position.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM?   Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:58 am

garytash wrote:
Does anyone know which channels from the stock rx of the belt cp v2 correspond to the channels on the Spektrum AR6100?

The same as with stock rx. Ch1 Aileron servo (left servo looking from the tail), Ch2 elevator servo, Ch3 ESC, Ch4 gyro, Ch5 gyro gain wire (yellow), Ch6 pitch servo (right servo looking from the tail)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM?   Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt cp v2 2.4Ghz or FM?
Page 1 of 1