RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dazed

hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings Empty
PostSubject: hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings   hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:09 pm

Hello, newbie here lol;
Quick story a month ago i started with an exceed bs coax heli; after getting familiar with the controls and stuff. I had a blade strike and had to order some parts for repair. I decided why not add a HBFP V2 2.4 to the order. I received the hbfp the other day but have a question on the TX settings. The manual says that for mode 2 the Tx switches should be set as follows:
down (ail)
up (ele)
down (thr)
up (rud).

My hbfp 2.4 was shipped to me with the following settings on the TX;
up (ail)
down (ele)
down (thr)
up (rud)

I know i need allot more practice with the hbfp but as of right now i can not get the thing to even do small bunny hops and i am wondering if it's the settings on the Tx. I do have the training gear on the hbfp as well.
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings   hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 2:28 pm

I am not familiar with the controls of a coaxial but as far as your hbfpand the settings on the tx,

Left stick up - should throttle up
Left stick down - should throttle down - if not, reverse throttle switch on tx
Left stick left - should make the nose of the heli go left
Left stick right - should make the nose of the heli go right - if not, reverse rudder switch on tx

Right stick up - should make the swasplate tilt forward
Right stick down - should make the swasplate tilt backward - if not, reverse ele switch on tx
Right stick left - should make swashplate tilt left
Right stick right - should make swashplate tilt right - if not reverse ail switch on tx

There have been some other people that have had lift problems with the hbv2.
I dont remember which thread it was on but, someone on this forum had a problem with the stock blades on their v2.

Make sure your battery is fully charged.

Hope this helps.

J.
Back to top Go down
Dazed

PostSubject: Re: hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings   hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 3:07 pm

jstarks; thanks for the reply

I know that the throttle sw is correct.

Just to make sure i understand this correctly; with the right stick left the swashplate tilts left (this means that the swashplate is lower on the left side of the heli) ?

I am just confused because it shipped different than what the instruction book says.

It's my first try at a single rotor and i just want to make sure that i am struggling with being a newbie and not trying to learn with the controls being messed up. thanks again.
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings   hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 3:41 pm

That is correct (when looking at the heli from the tail)! :bigthumb:

All of the directions (left/right and forward/backward) in my previous post are as if you are in the heli.

Its not uncommon for some things to not be exactly as it is in the manual. On one of mine the manual instructions for proportion adjustment where censored backwards from what actually worked on the heli. Crazysmile

I know you are new and probably dont want to break anything, so ask as many questions as you need to. If I cant answer it then there are plenty of people on here that can.

Have you tried RADD's school of rotary flight yet? You may want to give it a read. It got me from hopping to hovering. some people swear by it, myself included, while some people say its too boring. Good thing about this hobby is that whatever works the best for you, is what you should do!

Good luck! :prop:

J.
Back to top Go down
Dazed

PostSubject: Re: hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings   hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:00 pm

Ok got it i think Crazysmile

I will check all of the directions on the Tx/swashplate later today.

I just want to make sure that they are all correct before possibly messing around with the gain & porp. controls.

I have read some of the RADD as well.

going to need lots of practice for sure, i already broke a ball off on the rotor head i tried to glue it back on but it did not work, i have ordered some spare parts but in the mean time i can at least verify that the controls are doing what they should do. thanks.
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings   hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Watch nuttcaze's vids on the hbfp v1. On one of them he shows how you can beef up the weak point(where the ball connects) on the rotor head, with some thread and ca(superglue).
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings   hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Dazed wrote:
Hello, newbie here lol;
Quick story a month ago i started with an exceed bs coax heli; after getting familiar with the controls and stuff. I had a blade strike and had to order some parts for repair. I decided why not add a HBFP V2 2.4 to the order. I received the hbfp the other day but have a question on the TX settings. The manual says that for mode 2 the Tx switches should be set as follows:
down (ail)
up (ele)
down (thr)
up (rud).

My hbfp 2.4 was shipped to me with the following settings on the TX;
up (ail)
down (ele)
down (thr)
up (rud)

I know I need alot more practice with the hbfp but as of right now i can not get the thing to even do small bunny hops and i am wondering if it's the settings on the Tx. I do have the training gear on the hbfp as well.

I am newbie too, and I got recently my HBFP2, and in my case all the settings of the Tx arrived in Reverse :crylaugh:

Technically I dunno why each Tx arrives with different settings in the Tx, I had the same problem with my Belt CP V2 and what I did in both helis was remove the blades and the feathering shafts, tie a light cord to the head, set up the helis according to the Nuttz videos and check how they work in such configurations.

In the case of the Belt, the throttle was reversed (hopefully I removed the stuff I mention and no accidents). But in the case of the HBFP V2, all works perfect as it comes :bigthumb:

Before you try it by first time, I recommend that remove the blades and the feathering shaft to avoid any accident, and check if they are working properly so u can set correctly ur Tx settings.

My 2cents
Back to top Go down
Dazed

PostSubject: Re: hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings   hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 4:12 pm

jstarks wrote:
Watch nuttcaze's vids on the hbfp v1. On one of them he shows how you can beef up the weak point(where the ball connects) on the rotor head, with some thread and ca(superglue).

yeah i did last night; cool little trick just a little to late for me though. :crylaugh:

i did check and the controls seem correct for the right stick but with a busted rotor head i don't want to spin it up so i still need to check the rudder control, i know that the throttle is correct. Just waiting on replacement parts now mailboxhappy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings   hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hbfp v2 2.4ghz Tx settings
Page 1 of 1