RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Flight Report For The Day

Go down 
+13
247rememberme
HITMAN808
P3tras
--==AxeL==--
Bert
davesheli
Mozzy
jackyl71
burton8012
Donnie D
Fatdaddy
Pittnuma
Nuttcaze
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
vsbkv

vsbkv

Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Flight report   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi Guys :prop:
I just got my HBFP And haven't had a chance to get it out of the box yet. I've been putting in a lot of hours at work and I'm working Sat. and Sunday. Told my wife this will allow me to buy more heli parts maybe even a bigger Helicopter. Still need more time on the simulator anyway. Well that's it for now Keep em fling. :grinn:
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:01 pm

You're in for quite a lot of fun. Just be patient with the heli and yourself, and remember. As 247 says, "Don't panic, it'll fix."

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
vsbkv

vsbkv

PostSubject: Flight report for the day   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi Guys :hahaha:
Just wanted to give you my flight report for today. Came home from work early today and got the HBFP out of the box and set it up just as Marc said in his vidios, (which I watched all of them several times :prop: ) I charged the batteries and took it into the dinning room and it ran like a charm. It did everything it was told to do smiley-happy057 . This is the most fun I've ever had, of coarse my wife wasn't to happy with me she had just waxed the hardwwod floors today. character0182 I Want to thank all you wonderful guys for all the help. You know I will be bugging you from now on. smileysigns153
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:26 pm

Finally, no rain or wind today. smiley-happy057 smiley-happy057 smiley-happy057It has been about 3 weeks since I have been home and no rain or high winds whacky110 Kinda like a crack head with crack but unable to use it (I guess anyway) Had an all day managers meeting and left about 4:00, got home and set up the (Hbfp v1) and ran 3 batterys through it with no problems, only popped head off 1 time. However I did recenter the fly bar while talking to my 20 year old son and forgot to tighten the paddles (oops)...soooo right out of the hole it starting vibrating and I droped it kinda hard and the paddles flew off at high rotor speed, that was fun finding them lol. But WOW was it fun. Also did a little right side hovering and tried to fly in a circle but almost hit myself :giggle: I was able to keep it off the ground for most of the time and land it also. NEED MORE BATTERYS.... Well the sad part is I'm off friday and we have a 70% cance of rain again. May be time to buy a boat. :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

Happy flying and even better landings.
David flyaway
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 4:04 am

Got home Yesterday, dropped misses at kitchen stove, put dogs in garden, went flying!

:prop:

Can but dream!

Anyway when I finally got a flight it was a good flight, 1 of those rare 1's where you walk out of the house carrying 2 pieces (a TX and a helicopter) and when finished you walk back in carrying 2 pieces!

Good tail in hover, still have problems with the tail wagging and going right, I am in the middle of trying adjustments to the gain & proportion, but I need a calm day (or no misses in so I can fly it in the house)! Good circuits and figure eights, going well really.

Pitt
Back to top Go down
chopper cop

chopper cop

PostSubject: First "flight" ?   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:22 am

Hiya,,

I got my Belt CP V2 laast weekend, but could not fly because I had to work. First try was in the living room. Was scary that power in my living room.. Anyway, accidently flicked the idle switch, and that was the end of my main gear. No chrash phew.

Now I try to hover with the training gear, this is not going so well. This due the crappy tyraps, so the training gear moves, and my chopper gets unbalanced. I am not worried, today was my second battery pack outside (garden). Tyrap broke and that was the end of it. Tomorrow I have the training gear properly fixed on the landing gear, and I have another go at it. I am taking it slowely, but feel that there is little progress made. (this is my first CP chopper)

I make sure to keep you guys posted. And eh tips are welcome since I am new at this.

Cheers orange68
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Flyin today!!!!   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:57 am

Had a FREAKIN BLAST!!!! Flyin the G Smart today..4 tanks of fuel Much less wind today but still not calm by any streach.. Like thew "E" the "G" flys in wind like a bandit!! Even though there is no compairison as to power with the "E" there is something really cool about flying it that none of my other heli's has.. The sound, smoke, the SCREAMING!!!! And I mean SCREAMING!!!! That is the thing about a tiny engine..and this a tiny one.. Its a "30" class/size which would normally have between a .30 and a .37 from what I've seen the "G" has a .18!!!! So to get the power out of it it's gotta SCREAM!!!! And it does!! It also seems very touchy to the fuel mixture.I don't know if all nitros are this touchy but even like a 1/8 turn makes a noticeable diff.!!!! But I love this thing...I Gotta get some vids for you guys!!!!
I'm gettin about 8-10 min. of flight time per tank, and thats running it down only to about 3/4 or so....
Already had 1 flight that I ran it a little toooo long and got it landed as it was sputtering to a stop!!!!
What a blast it is!!!!
Back to top Go down
chopper cop

chopper cop

PostSubject: second flight   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:40 am

Today it was nice weather, and no kids on the payground. So I decided that today was the day that I should have lift off. Yesterday I skidded over the pavement in the garden.

After a few times I was able to keep it in the air a couple of seconds. And after a while I could keep it longer and longer in the air. It was fantastic, I was so proud on myself. It was stable, in spite of slight wind, and a great site. Eh until I put it down. Some way the main rotorblade hit the tail boom, and that was the end of it. Bummer. The damage is not so great, the only thing is that I don't know what I did wrong. Ah well the parts are on it's way an hopefully I can make repairs this weekend.

Cheers
orange78
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:52 am

Man, I hope the weather clears here soon (may be a good weekend, from what I see on the news). excited
FD: Your day makes me so jealous! Sounded AWESOME! :bigthumb:

@Chopper Cop...
My main rotor hitting my tail boom has been the cause nearly all the damage done to my Belt CP v2. When you hit hard, even flat on the skids, the blades can/will "bounce" downward and connect with the boom. Most of the time it takes the Horizontal Stabilizer out with the Boom, the Blades, a Blade Clamp or two, the main gear, and this last time, one of the connecting rods. Each item isn't TERRIBLY expensive to replace, but it does add up. :prop:
Back to top Go down
chopper cop

chopper cop

PostSubject: Crash   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:34 pm

To Jacky,

I was wondering what happend, and your explanation was the only one I could come up with, but I wasn't sure. Thanx for the info. I lost one blade, tail boom, horizontal tail fin, blade clamp, the boom that controls the tairudder, and a couple of other bits.

It is a bummer, and it ads up, but now I know that it was something that can happen and not something I was doing wrong.

Laterz
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:33 pm

I have my HBFP v1 checked and ready. Heading to the parking lot. After I set up a RC car for my son, I prepare the Bee. No wind at all. Fly it around, by I have problem controlling it. The bee balance is ok, a bit nose heavy. But during flight, the tail tend to drop. So I have to give an up elevator. Once it gets corrected, it goes to FFF. Once the tail really drop, I have to give full up elevator, and the tail will spin. I already use DD tail. I still have my training gear on, just in case. Perhaps I better take it off.

The other day, it flies very nice. Even with the tail drop, I have full control. When the bee is in hover, it hover nicely, the tail is ok. Is that normal on the bee with that kind behavior? Crazysmile

Crash several times, but nothing is broken.
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 2:25 pm

I had a good morning flight today. I finally took my Belt CP v2 up to about 20-30 ft. It was more unintentional than anything else. I was keeping a nice, smooth hover and gradually added a bit more throttle. Once it got to about 10 ft, it climbed the rest of the way on it's own. There was a slight breeze by that time, I am guessing that caused the extra lift. I didn't panic and just used it, managed my throttle, and maintained the hover as best as I could.
Calm, cool, and collected, I eased myself around a little, then brought her back in nice and easy.
Then I started to breathe again... :hahaha:
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:00 pm

Had a great afternoon flight. Flew 3 packs on my Belt CP V2. It almost started off as a complete disaster though. My first take off I was lifting off from the grass and the front of 1 skid got snagged in the grass and the heli tipped forward and the blade struck the ground. This was the first time I've ever had this happen. Fortunately, nothing was damaged.

After that near miss. I flew 3 full packs. Practiced hovering and basic figure 8s and some very very slow rudimentary circuits. All without any further incident! I'm getting much more comfortable on the CP, a great step up from the FP.

Now I have to wait while all my batteries charge. :-)

-Keith
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:45 am

I'm right there with you, kshep. I was able to get off two good flights Sunday. I was able to get out around 8 am and get in the air before the wind maker started up for the day. With my new confidence, I was getting more and more comfortable with getting some air. Used my first battery just hovering around and going up and down. I think I only landed once or twice.

Then, after my battery had recharged and with the sun setting (the wind maker was turned back off by then), I headed back out. But rather than going to the park to practice on the basketball court (a nice, smooth, level surface, but also with a fence and goals at either end), I decided to was time to try in my own yard (nice, big, wide open spaces). Placed a big rubber mat out there to take off from, and I was off. I used this battery to do some more hovering, and to practice smooth, controlled landings (no sliding or skidding in the grass...).

Now I need to get to side-in hover practice...
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Just got back from flying my Belt CP V2 again today. Last night I upgraded the main blades and tail blades to carbon fiber blades from Xheli. Man, what a night and day difference! Not only does the heli look sharper, it feels much more stable and smoother. I really like it.

I was only able to fly 1 battery pack since it started to rain, but I had a great time. Starting to improve a bit on my side in hovering and basic figure 8s and circuits. Hopefully the rain will let up so I can fly my other 2 packs. :-)
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Flyin!!!   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:46 pm

GREAT Flights today!!!! Woke to a overcast, gray windy cold day!!!! By noon the wind STOPED!!!! No sun..Stayed overcast, very gray, Oh well... Got out the HDX and the "E"!!! 4 batterys each!! The HDX 500 flys sooo sweetly, I'm really falling in love with this heli!!!! It is so smooth and quiet, it handles very nicely.. Not super power by any means but enough... Two packs(4S) then it to the "E"!! The E flys like a mad man compared to the HDX....WOW the power is awesome.. VERY quick handling.. This thing is ready to loop all day.. I wish I was as ready.. Well I am but I'm not ready to crash! So I just cruise around and rip some, It loves to fly high and far, you can hear the power as it glides by..
Up to vertical, let it stall, come around and as it drops push the throttle UP and it just rips across the sky!!!! Man I'm lovin this!!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:01 pm

Sounds good. Glad you had fun today. I had a good day flying yesterday, but way too crappy outside today. Maybe tomorrow though,

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flight Report For The Day
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2