RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

different vibrations for main vs tail

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
suriano

suriano

different vibrations for main vs tail Empty
PostSubject: different vibrations for main vs tail   different vibrations for main vs tail I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:28 pm

I have a new vibration, different than I have had before. I have gone through
the head so thoroughlly, I have total faith that it isnt the problem. This is after
a crash so many things were gone threw.

My last vibration probs were the head and the vibrations were slower and shook the
canopy, skids, and tail. The new vibration problem is a faster more agressive problem.
it also Shakes the canopy along with the skids and tail only faster.

This makes me wonder if it is coincidence or can you judge the vibration by how fast
it is in relation to the speed of the main vs tail blade.

So if the tail blades turn at a faster rate than the main blades, the result would be a faster
vibration??????
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: different vibrations for main vs tail   different vibrations for main vs tail I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:27 pm

You logic is right about the vibration from the tail being faster since it rotates faster than the head. One way to check would be to disengage the tail rudder (loosen the belt, disconnect a wire, whatever) and spin it up. That would tell you if the problem is in the head or the tail (maybe)...

Can a motor get out of balance as well? This could cause a fast vibration NOT linked to the tail.

Good Luck! smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: different vibrations for main vs tail   different vibrations for main vs tail I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:51 pm

jackyl71 wrote:
You logic is right about the vibration from the tail being faster since it rotates faster than the head. One way to check would be to disengage the tail rudder (loosen the belt, disconnect a wire, whatever) and spin it up. That would tell you if the problem is in the head or the tail (maybe)...

Can a motor get out of balance as well? This could cause a fast vibration NOT linked to the tail.

Good Luck! smiley-happy088

Never thought of the motor being the prob. Good call.................

The problem with diagnosing this is the heli is silky smooth all the way up
untill you lift the skids off the ground. Then it goes nutts. Sorry nuttcaze not
talking about you........

So taking of the tail wont work. This is a new one to me because it si so perfectly
smooth, then when the skids come off the ground the vibrations kick in.

I will have to check the motor.....
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: different vibrations for main vs tail   different vibrations for main vs tail I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:59 am

Must be some really small vibration since it is being dampened by just the heli being on it's skids and spinning up.
Does it get better or worse the more you run up the throttle? Or is it completely unflyable? Because it could be a matter of the slight vibration being amplified at certain RPMs because it is setting up some sort of harmonic.

Be safe trying to troubleshoot this one. macguyver
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: different vibrations for main vs tail   different vibrations for main vs tail I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

different vibrations for main vs tail
Page 1 of 1