RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

New tail boom on fp v2 (nuttcaze)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Trinot

New tail boom on fp v2 (nuttcaze) Empty
PostSubject: New tail boom on fp v2 (nuttcaze)   New tail boom on fp v2 (nuttcaze) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:38 pm

Okay so I am getting ready to replace the stock tail boom with a camo carbone fiber arrow that I bought at walmart, and I have a couple of questions.

When replacing the stock tail boom with an arrow, im guessing you need to tap screw holes for the screws that hold it?

To take the tail boom off what is the proper order of steps? It looks like it only has 1 screw on the end closest to the body that is holding it in there? I see 3 other screws, what looks to be 2 that are just to hold the tail assembly together and 1 that actually attaches it to the boom? Again I am guessing I would need to tap a hole for the screw that is holding the tail assembly on?

The last thing, are there wires I need to disconnect? I see wires leaving the tail motor and going into the tail boom, and it looks like they either run into the servo, or under it, and then to the 4 in 1?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: New tail boom on fp v2 (nuttcaze)   New tail boom on fp v2 (nuttcaze) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:40 am

I don't think you will need to drill the holes out, I believe the screws are fairly small and don't really screw into the actual boom, just hold it in place. And the wires for your tail motor are inside the boom.
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: New tail boom on fp v2 (nuttcaze)   New tail boom on fp v2 (nuttcaze) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:47 pm

Just for future reference...

You DO need to tap the holes in the boom. You have to tap 2 holes, 1 for the tail assembly to attach and 1 for the tail boom to secure to the frame. I am unsure if this is possible with the carbon fiber arrow I purchased but I will soon enough see. Oh yah, you also have to cut a hole in the arrow because the wires don't just run out of the end, they need to come out of the 'bottom' or side of the arrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New tail boom on fp v2 (nuttcaze)   New tail boom on fp v2 (nuttcaze) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New tail boom on fp v2 (nuttcaze)
Page 1 of 1