RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ty

Ty

Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182. Empty
PostSubject: Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182.   Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi Guys....here's a flight with my WM Cessna Skylane. It's a fun plane to fly....made from Balsa and Ultracote. It's my own covering scheme, so it doesn't look like that from the World Models Site.
It's powered by a E-flite 480, great planes silver series ESC 25A and lipo 11.1V 20C 1050 mah Zippy.
Control by Spektrum DX7 with a AR6100 Rx and Hitec 55 servos. I've been flying it now for 4 years exactly. Watch for the Hammerhead stall and death spin to the ground...niceee pull out in the nick of time and fly by waving my wings...hehe orange72

Enjoy.....

Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182.   Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:59 am

It's awesome. I didn't know that highwing plane can do like that. I thought it's only in simulator

:bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182.   Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:16 pm

pinguin6218 wrote:
It's awesome. I didn't know that highwing plane can do like that. I thought it's only in simulator

:bigthumb:
Hi pinguin.... this plane flies really nice and is one of the most aerobatic planes in it's class. The wing is fully symmetrical with no dihedral. It does not help you to fly....you have to fly it. Inverted flying is just like flying upright...... cuban eights are true and the loops are perfect. It does not knife edge really well as the body is not made for every 3D maneouver...but all in all, it's a really nice flyer and very very fast.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182.   Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 11:09 pm

can heli pilots fly planes if they never flown one before?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182.   Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:20 am

Yes, they can, but flying plane at first will be hard. But in no time you will control it :bigthumb: Better buy EPP plane as your first :grinn:
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182.   Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:15 am

burton8012 wrote:
can heli pilots fly planes if they never flown one before?

Of course you can fly planes. They are two different flying models, but the logic is still the same. The main difference is that if you go to zero throttle whilst flying, the plane will glide... but the heli will descend (not drop). Has to do a lot with how the pitch curve is setup. Similar aerobatics and scale flying but the heli is more manoeuverable.
Planes run-off to fly and follows a glide path to land. Heli's hover to take off and hover to land.

Now burton....... orange68 now that you have the flying bug.... next step....Planes? orange6

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182.   Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 12:28 pm

yea i wanna get a plane down the road just to try it out...like u said soon as i get my heli moving foward and doing figure 8's its just like a plane control wise.......
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182.   Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:34 pm

burton8012 wrote:
yea i wanna get a plane down the road just to try it out...like u said soon as i get my heli moving foward and doing figure 8's its just like a plane control wise.......

Yes and no. I'll tell you what, get a 400 size electric plane, balsa or styrofoam, you have a good supply of 11.1V batteries already........just try it out. Just hold one click of UP elevator, punch the throttle with the plane into the wind....after a good roll....give UP elevator and up she goes.
Easy as 1, 2, 3...... orange71

Let me know how you do. I can recommend a few good models to start out with.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

PostSubject: Re: Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182.   Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:43 pm

Yikes Ty a hot rod Cessna I had one a cuople years back flew the heck out of it, then one day I
done a big loop and at the bottom of the loop it went into a graveyard spirl and could not recover
and well you can guess the out come of that. Nice job flying ty.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182.   Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:51 pm

Thanks sdjb....... I fly pattern and 3D. So you have done the figure 9 manoeuver eh! :hahaha:
I have done it once with a Carl Goldberg Sukhoi SU27 1.50 size....it was a spectacular crash. Parts, dust and debris flying every where. When I walked over, the pilot was the only thing that I could salvage......I threw him into a bon fire...he couldn't fly for $hit :crylaugh: and I would not allow him to fly another of my planes. Well....I never crashed after that...(knock wood) :giggle:

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182.   Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fun Fly with my World Models Cessna Skylane 182.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Info, Video, Photos and Accesories :: RC Videos and Pictures-
Jump to: