RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Trinot

Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE] Empty
PostSubject: Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE]   Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:50 pm

Is it correct that they no longer make the slo max motor? I really wouldn't mind upgrading my motor.

I also would really like to put a DD tail or belt driven tail on it, any recommendations?

Also on the blades, the one place with the carbon fiber blades have been out for forever. What about M24's? Are they any good?

How hard would it be to bypass the 4 in 1 and get a new esc + brushless motor?

What about this main gear : http://ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/23279
would that be worth it to get?
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Upgradeitis - Watchout!   Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:01 pm

I have upgraded my HBFP V1 and spent money I should have put into either a 450 or 500. I would caution you not to modify your HB too much and start considering using the HBFP upgrade money to get into a larger more controlable heli. I still enjoy flying my HBFP but, it usually ends up more frustration than satisfaction. I like flying my 450s much more. More positive control and power to keep things under control.

My 2 cents. :grinn:

Last edited by cgetman02 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE]   Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:13 pm

I agree with *cgetman02*, the HB is a *Trainer*.... It's good for getting you used to flying a Heli but by no means worth sticking a bunch of money into....
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE]   Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:12 am

I thought the same thing. Not to put so much money on HB FP. It's only a trainer.

orange4 But, cannot help my self not to buy upgrades.

Please, someone hit me when I buy something I don't need. headbeat
Especially with the Xtreme product. They're so tempting. Moreover when you read review.

I bought a used Lama4 with only front canopy and no landing skid. Now it looks very different. I have KOB canopy, Xtreme landing skid and tail boom.

I also have HBFP. Try to make it simple. I use Xtreme DD tail. Bought a Xtreme 380x but not use yet, waiting for my motor to broke. I really want to upgrade the landing skid with HBK2. It looks so nice. My spare landing skid made of wooden chopstick cover by heat srink tube and carbon fiber rod

If you can't find Slo Max, use Xtreme 380x. The brush can be replace. But, I read that, you have to use Xtreme blade or modified stock blade, otherwise it will fry your 4in1.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE]   Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Yep, I love my HBFP as a trainer. Best one there is. I fly mine allmost every day, but the only mods I recommend are a lipo battery and a better set of skids. Save any other mod miney and buy yourself the biggest CP heli you can.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

And from what I've read about the new V2 HBFP, you probably don't need any mods.
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE]   Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:18 am

Donnie, what kind of skid you have on your HBFP? I am afraid of the weight when I put another skid, because it's lift is not good. The weight of the skid shouldn't be more than the training gear.

Ya, v2 really looks nice. No upgrade needed, maybe just the DD tail
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE]   Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:10 am

I had Super Skids, but I removed them and put them on my Belt CP. I now have the Extreme Skids that I bought from Heli Direct. If you go to my Bell 47 scale build thread, I just posted a pic of my HBFP with those skids.

I like both the Super Skids and the Extreme Skids.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE]   Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slo max or other motor options? [NUTTCAZE]
Page 1 of 1