RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Need some advise & help....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
masc

Need some advise & help.... Empty
PostSubject: Need some advise & help....   Need some advise & help.... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:43 am

Hi Marc, I see the freebies of Landscapes & Models for FMS but even though I follow the instruction how to download the freebies still I can't do it. error show up on what i'm trying to do, is it because i'm using a Vista window just like what happen when i'm trying to download FMS on my laptop... Need someone help & advise how to download the freebies for FMS.

Thank you,
Mar A.S.C.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Need some advise & help.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advise & help....   Need some advise & help.... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:43 pm

I use XP on my comps just so I don't have those probs Wink lol

but I did get it to install on my sisters laptop, is there something that pops up when you try to download FMS? Sometimes pop-up blockers will prevent you from downloading files. I think there is a tab at the top that allows you to accept pop ups from the website you are on. Check that first.

There is also a file you need to download to get FMS to work properly

For those of you who have Windows Vista (Why did you get Vista???) you will need to add a file into the 'FMS' folder in order to successfully run FMS on Windows Vista. If you do not, you WILL get an error message "missing a file [blah blah] d3drm.dll" when you do try to run FMS. So just follw the below instructions and add that file to your FMS folder before you start up the FMS program.

Please download the below file: (http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/D/d3drm.dll/5.1.2600.0/download.html) to your desktop.
Go to My computer > C Drive > Program Files > FMS
OR
Go to Start > Run > C:\Program Files\FMS

You will need to place a copy of "D3DRM.DLL" file in the FMS folder, Highlight 'd3drm.dll', Right-Click it and hit "COPY', move mouse to the FMS folder and Right-Click and hit Paste. A copy should now be in the FMS folder.

I was never able to get the add-ons to work but I didn't have much time to play with her comp so I can't help you with that one yet. I'll try to find someone with a vista comp so I can fidn out how to do it.
Back to top Go down

Need some advise & help....
Page 1 of 1