RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama...

Go down 
+2
4n6Days
tonybooger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tonybooger

tonybooger

Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... Empty
PostSubject: Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama...   Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama...   Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:37 pm

Flies pretty nice!!

All stock?
Back to top Go down
tonybooger

tonybooger

PostSubject: Re: Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama...   Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:49 am

Hey,
Not all stock, it has an xtreme 15mm extended shaft, 3dpro hardened blades, and modded battery mount, to shift the battery foward, as it was a little tail heavy. It didnt drift back due to it or anything, but it flew faster backwards than it did fowards! which is now sorted.

You could probably get by with just the extended shaft, as it eliminates blade strike, so standard blade would be fine.

I throw the stick around like crazy, and havnt had blade strike yet!
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Great flying!   Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 6:16 am

Tony, It's way past time for you to go to a 6ch collective pitch heli. Take the plunge dude! My advice would be to go with at least the 500 class heli with your flying experience. Skip over the 450 size. I've seen you flying the HBFP and you would be amazed how much easier it is to control the 6ch collective pitch helis. Damn the torpedos full speed ahead!

FWIW, Curt :clap:
Back to top Go down
Beachcomber

PostSubject: Re: Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama...   Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:51 am

Hey Tony,
Nice flying. I tried an extended shaft on my Big Lama, and had to remove it because of too much vibration. Guess the vibration wasn't caused by extended shaft, but amplified by it. Replaced all bearings, outer shaft, and both gears but no improvement.

I ended up using blades for the Walkera 400D and trimming the length down to Big Lama size. They are much stiffer than stock or 3D.
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama...   Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:14 pm

Great Job!!!!

You Definitely need to go bigger!!!! :bigthumb:

Who is the band?????

J.
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama...   Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:48 pm

Having started with 6ch collective pitch, then getting an E-sky Lama V3, I can attest to the fact that you have MUCH more control of a 6ch than you do of a coax. I found it difficult at first to get my coax to go where I want, because it wants to self stabilize so much. I actually shortened and lightened the flybar on my V3 to give it a little more cyclic response.

That being said.... more control = less self-stabilization = more crashy-crashy. 6ch helis aren't very forgiving when you get disoriented. Though, if you have an HBFP then you already have an idea.

If you're thinking about going to a 6ch... I have an EXI 450. Parts are cheap. Something bigger would be nice (more stable, easier to see), but I can't afford something with more expensive parts than my 450.

Whenever I wish I had something bigger, I watch this video and it makes me feel better.
Back to top Go down
tonybooger

tonybooger

PostSubject: Re: Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama...   Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:21 pm

Hey all, thanks for the encouragement!

firstly, the band.... HOUSE OF SHEM, song keep rising.

Funnily enough, I have 2 x brand new 2.4 ghz belt cp V2 rtf helis sitting in my garage, that I brought for $110 wholesale that I am trying to sell on our New zealand site similar to ebay.

I plugged the battery into one, and moved the sticks around a bit, and completely put me off!
Everything moves! so many mechanics!!!!!

Im just wanting to know if it is really that complex, and hard to work on, as I am not very mechanically minded, and thats why the it looked really daunting, so I havnt even been tempted to keep one and try it for myself!

I have been without a honeybee fp for a month or so now, so I may have forgotten how to fly a single rotor heli!!!

Would my best bet be to get a HBFP V2, practice-practice-practice, then maybe try one of the belts ive got?

The only thing is, I would nearly need to keep both, so If I crash the one I kept, I could look at the other one to see how to put it back together again!!!

Would it be a good idea, for if I do get tempted to try one, to use training gear???

The whole appeal of the FP, and big lama is it keeps the hobby fun for me, and less stressfull!
Because i easily become frustrated fixing helis, and the belt cp v2 looks like a whole can of worms!!!!

BIG LAMA- I do have a fair bit of vibration, but nothing bad enough to stop me flying it around like in my video... I havent diagnosed where my vibes are coming from, but I think its the tracking of my blades, but Id say its very hard to track the blades on a big lama.

Anyway, if I can fly it around like I do, there cant be to much wrong with it!!

Hint: put a HBFP main motor heat sink on both of the motors on the big lama, and it helps prevent the 370motors overheating, making your heli drop to the ground! Which I have read so much about.

I have had the heat sinks on since first flight, and have never had them overheat, and I get 5-7mins of hard flying each time. Heatsinks do get scorching hot though! But I guess thats good, that means they are doing there job!!!
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama...   Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:35 pm

If you want to go collective pitch, but want something mechanically simpler, check out the Honey Bee CP3.
Back to top Go down
tonybooger

tonybooger

PostSubject: Re: Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama...   Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:57 pm

I have seen that, no one stocks them or parts here in NZ, but thats no problems, miracle mart stocks everything, it will just take a little longer to get here.

Nuttcaze reckons they are censored though????

There doesnt seem to be much on youtube about them, or clips for the CP3...

would a lot of the head parts be the same as the CP2??? theres an online store here that has heaps of cp2 parts.
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama...   Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Yeah... I don't have any experience with the HBCP. I just know that it is mechanically simpler than the Belt CP.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama...   Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 6:07 pm

MY Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... 424867 .

Keep both Belt CP's, at least for now. Put a training gear on one of them. Look at Nuttcaze info on the Belt CP and check the set up. Take your time and fly it. Start out the same way you started learning the HBFP. I've seen your vids of you flying. Trust me, you fly a lot better than I do, and I fly an HBFP, a Belt CP and an ESmart, and I'm building a Century Bell 47G scale heli. If you crash, there is plenty of info right here on this forum to help ypu fix it. Also, that's what we are here for. So, GIT R DUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!

Donnie D Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... 738623

Also if you can get your hands on another HBFP one day, get it. Great for practicing new stuff before you try it on the CP helis.

Rev 22:21
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama...   Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Having with my Fun with esky BIG lama...
Page 1 of 1