RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blazemob

blazemob

Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys   Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:56 pm

anybody know were i could get clear canopys from i got a freind who is good at airbrushing he gonna do some custom canopys for me.
Back to top Go down
HBFP Pilot

HBFP Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys   Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:30 am

it'd be better to get a fiberglass canopy and have that painted, a clear plastic one wil flex and probable chip the paint after a while
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys   Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:37 am

IMHO you would be better paying a little more for a fiberglass canopy Something like these.
http://www.xheli.com/aica.html
Cheaper than most and unlike plastic canopys they will take paint a lot better and you will find your paint work will not crack as easy as it will on a plastic canopy.
A simple test for your friend is to try painting a soda bottle like a pepsi or coke bottleand see if he can get a finish that will not crack and fall off. A lot of the plastics we use today is resistant to any chemical bonding. Good for recycling but bad for us who enjoy airbrushing.
The other idea would be to try making a split plug from one of your existing canopys and then vacume for a split canopy from a thin acrlyic. If you was carefull you would have a nearly invisible seam and you could make an endless supply of canopys. I havn't tried forming 1 yet but may have to try tomorrow and see how it goes.
Would be nice to have clear conopys that can be painted inside so as not to damage paint work but still be able to resist impact
Hope this helps
Darrel
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys   Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:31 pm

thank you guys for the help
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys   Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:06 pm

You can buy plain white fiberglass canopy here: http://cy-model.com/osc/product_info.php?products_id=277&osCsid=3d7qli999prm43p7iitad2apj7
The shipping price is included
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys   Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:30 pm

ty bro im gonna order a few of them soon i hope thank u for all ur help people appreciate it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys   Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know a good place to get clear canopys
Page 1 of 1