RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

My Turn

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:01 am

Ok dudes, my for help. The screamer 480. Will not lift off. It will lift to about 1 inch. At full power, Pitch is +10/ -9 full batt. only thing is it is swinging 315 blades right now.
They say 335;s are ok came with 360 that are not drilled correctly. Do you think that the smaller blades could be it.? I'm having trouble with that. These are 315 WC mavricks. Could 335's make that much more lift??? Or 315's make that much less lift??
I got 350's ordered but have a big problem waiting!!!lol
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:08 am

quick one and probably the simplest to rule out....check batt voltage with volt meter. No idea what charger you use but a lot of the stock chargers like what whay you would have got with the king often show full charge when they are not.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: ok   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:17 am

Ok, i'll do that. But I tryed two diff batts. Both fly my king fine. I use a Imax B6AC.
I'll know more tomorrow, I reworked the grips so the blades fit properly. It sure looks better with 360's on it!!
Thanks
More on this tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:08 am

nothing is binding up in the head is it? I remember once I tightened the feathering shaft on my old HBK II too tight and I had the same problem with no lift. took me a while to figure out what was going on orange78 And my really dumb question is, you did set the pitch while the heli was in idle up right? orange72
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:18 am

lol Nuttcaze. You probably got it right. It seems the more we set these the more complacent we become in checking everything. We tend to rush and miss the small steps.......human nature. Don't play with them after a few drinks either. They get some insane spin with no belt lol
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:54 am

Prel wrote:
Don't play with them after a few drinks either. They get some insane spin with no belt lol

laughing013 laughing013 laughing013
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Idle up   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:08 pm

Yea I set it in Idle up, I rechecked it last night and I'm good there. I've reworked the blade grips so they accept the 360's that came with it. So I'll try soon and see. I just find it hard to believe that it won't fly with the 305/315's. They are blades for a 450 class bird and this IS a 450 class.
But I gotta say(again, I know) how impressed I'm with this thing!! There really is nothin left to upgrade on it. Even if you do the "buy it now" you can get the bare bones kit
for like 150 either 450 or 480. It is just sooo nice..
Man you gotta go to thunderpowers site and check it out. This is my first one that uses this flybar cage set up so I'm gonna go ocer the head again if I don't get lift off.

BTW... Whats with all the pop-up now????
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:01 pm

if nothing else works you could try backing off the pitch a bit to increase head speed and see if you can get some lift that way. It's all a matter of elimination.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: yup   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:19 pm

I agree it gonna be a matter of elimanation, but I don't think I'm loosing any head speed with pitch. This baby has got some power, when spooled it up the first time, I has to spool down and stop and think about what I just witnessed. I could clearly see why they named it screamer!! One of the features they advertise is a head speed of 3500rpm.. now I don't have a tach yet but I'm gonna guess that I've got at least 3000 even at full collective.. I really hope the blades do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:28 pm

if you got 3500rpm it should cut a hole in the clouds with the 315s
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: YA Think!!!lol   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Yea I know, thats why I'm having such a problem believing the blades are the issue.
I don't think I'm at 3500 yet. I think more like 2900-3000 right now. I guess I should run the head speed cal. on it to see.
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:47 pm

ok did a bit of research on the screamer. Looks like a few people have had issues with main shaft bearings seizing and a lot are suggesting 11+ pitch max to get it to fly.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: 10.5   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Yea I'm real close to the 11' I think I'm @ 10-10.5 or so..
I believe it about the main b. It makes a sound like the motor pinnion is to tight.
Reworking the berring will be no problem if it comes up. I'll make sure I got it lubed good. Did you go to the Thunderpower site and check it out? spec. and stuff? Its pretty impressive. It is clearly made in China and you can see that in some areas, but for the money and what you get stock, its hard to beat. Check it out. I really want to know wehat you guys think. I'm thinkin of makin this my 450/480 class bird in my fleet.
I'm goin out to try to fly/ or get lift. Windy here today but I can't wait anylonger to see!!!
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:11 pm

you want a heli for your fleet????? here it is http://www.minicopter.de/en/Joker3DD.html
lol would need to sell my truck to buy it though
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Looks cool, very cool   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:36 pm

I really like the twin motors!!! That is very sweet. If you think about it I gotta wonder why more don't do that. Even a direct drive tail!! Anyway, been to the garage for testing and let me sayWOOOOHOOOO this thing now lifts off like a ROCKET!!!
I still can't believe that 45mm of blade would make such a diff. And when I say diff. WOW this thing really SCREAMS, I can't wait for the wind to die down but I'm also affraid I'm gonna lose it in the clouds!!!LOL
So on the next issue with this bird... Gyro, its sporting a Telbee that I can't seem to get so there is ant control.. now gyros and the DX7 gyro set up are by far the thing that I still just don't get yet. Even the logitech on my HBK2 which is working great, I don't understrand it and how is set up ugh!! I just followed the three vids on ,I think RCsuprestore's page and I can switch from HH to rate with the Gear switch but that is about it. SOOOO I'm gonna take a 2100 combo I have and put it on this 480!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:47 pm

yea the Joker is a sweet bird for $1100+ lol.
Glad you got it worked out bud
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: wow   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Yea thats big bucks, but I'll bet I got that much in my HBK2 LOL LOL (now falling down laughing)(sad but true) Now tyhe gyro. I'm just gonna steal the one for my HBK2project bird. I got another coming. I'm thinking if I can figure out the TelBee I might use on my Esmart. Or I might and most likely will use the 2100T but not the 3100G.. I've got a spctrum DS821 mounted on the Esmart right now. I think Nuttsey uses the TelBee on his with good luck.. I really need to pick everyone's brains in person.
I'm thinkin goin for the logitech 6100 combo for the Esmart and /or EXI 5
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:13 pm

I picked up a new EK2-0704B for under $25 so gunna give it a go. For that price I couldn't not buy it lol
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: good   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:34 pm

Yup thats the one I've got, I would still be using it if it start acting funky. I must say its the easiest to set up and use of all the ones I've seen. Plug and play!!! I think If I'd been able tyo get them for 25 I'd buy a bunch and be using them still.
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:43 pm

My accountant (don't remember her getting that job in the vows) has just cleared me to get an EXI squadron and SE on pay day so maybe I should have got a few of them as well lol
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: WOW   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:58 pm

Squadron AND an SE??!! Super sweet... I'll have to look close!!!LOL I still got a second 480 on the way. the HDX 500 and EXI500 plus a couple more CF pro ES6's so I got some building to do. Parts to buy too!!! Thats really the thing. They make the kits cheap enough to make us drool!!! Then we've got to buy the guts$$$$
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:10 pm

now all I need is for her to let me get the DX6I......may have to buy her flower or some new power tools orange45
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: dx6   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:48 pm

Dude!!!! You need that DX6 WAY!!!! Before any other heli's!!! When I got my DX7, it was like my HBK2 was a whole new heli... You really need that first!!
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:50 pm

Probably gunna nee a job before I will be allowed to get that orange78
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: job   My Turn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Yea I think a job is a very good idea if your gonna fly helis. Or a rich old lady!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:48 am

This forum is run off a free hosting service, but because of that it has to have ads. Originally I was gonna add a forum directly on my website but for the life of me I could not figure out how orange67 so I just opted to go this route orange45 .

When I set up my Telebee gyros' first i turn the dials on the gyro all they way up, then in my DX6i I set rate mode for 30 (even though I never use it) and I'll put HH mode at something like 75. Then its just a matter of fine tuning the gain so that the tail holds good in HH mode (higher the gain the better).

I got my Telebees before the new ESky came out. I like them both but like most I think the ESky HH gyro is a bit easier to work with orange74 .

Prel - you said you're getting 2 EXI's. The Squadron and a SE. Are you talking about the $55 SE? if so you'd be better off getting 2 Squadrons instead, a bit nicer IMO

Also I'm gonna be using some of the $5 servos on one of my EXI's, plus the $15 motor(they all use the alpha 400, great motor) and you can get an ESC for under $20, add a gyro, Tx/Rx and a battery and you're good to go.

whacky110
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:31 am

Am really curious as to the differance between the 2 of them. At $115 for both I thought what the hell. Get both. One will probably get destroyed anyway itsok_170 such is the hobby lol.
Am I right in the asumption that the Squadron is a bare Blueray? I see it's the same parts page.
From what information I can find there seems to be a problem with the SE having a weak tail and the Squadron has a problem with slop developing in the heads.
I know curiosity will eventually get the best of me and I would buy theone I didn't have so I thought I would bet both now lol. I may have to differ to your greater knowledge in RC though and look at just the Squadron.

Darrel
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:10 am

I just ordered the same 2 but I already have a Squadron as well. I too was curious but there were other reasons I needed that kit otherwise I would have got 2 Squadrons. I plan on getting the $18 CNC tail box for the Squadron and using it on the SE, it should work and if it does then that'll solve any tail issues it has, I'll let you know about that one. I'm not sure about the heads though, my current one has a CNC head but my 2 new ones will be stock and I'll be flying the crap out of them so I'll let you know about that too, I'll have them built by this weekend. flyaway
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Telbee   My Turn I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:14 am

Ok Nuttsy, on your TX, do you have gyro sens set to auto or rudd D/R ? And if Auto, do you have gyro set on gear? If so, 0 would be HH and 1 would be rate.
I'm so confused!!!lol
Thats why I'm using the 2100 and using the vid set up I found at rcsupersales. I don't understand that either, but it works and I know how to use it ,welll sorta.

Man, We got to get together soon just so you can show me some of this in person!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:21 am

I got a full CNC 450 but want a couple of birds that I can smack about till my skill lvl gets to CNC lol. Keeps us all updated on the new 450s. I read a lot from any and all sources but I always seem to come back to you for my final decisions lol. Only have to track down one person when life goes to hell that way orange71

Really apreciate what you do for us all bud

Darrel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Turn   My Turn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Turn
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: