RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cgetman02

cgetman02

Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP?   Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:23 am

Any suggestions on a discharge monitor to use with the HBFP? I don't want to run the Lipo cells too low and create a problem.

Thanks, Curt
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Doohan Voltage Alarm   Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:25 am

I bought a Doohan Voltage Alarm from BP Hobbies. $7.75 for an alarm for two cell lipos. Hooks to the balance connector and gives both visual and audible alarms. I've tested it and it seems to work ok. I'll give a review when I have used it for a few cycles.

Curt
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP?   Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:58 am

cool, keep us posted bouncy

I like to keep my flights under 8mins, 5-6mins if I'm doing 3D. That keeps me from having to worry about over-draining my batteries. I make up for the shorter flight times by buying more batteries. This helps to make the batteries last longer as each battery will see less use if you keep them in a regular rotation.

flyaway

Another reason for keeping my flights on the short side is I start to lose concentration after more then 9mins rofl
Back to top Go down
HBFP Pilot

HBFP Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP?   Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:15 pm

anyone try one of these before?

RC Model 6 LED 2-3 Cells Lithium Polymer Battery Alarm - $9

http://www.rcmodelland.com/index.php?sp=&p=6&cat0=26&cat1=76&cat2=&id=583&new=&more=&s=&lang=en

or what about Maxpro Lipo Alarms $4.95

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7224

Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP? Batt-monitor-2S
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Maxpro looks just like the Doohan   Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:45 pm

HBFP Pilot wrote:
anyone try one of these before?

RC Model 6 LED 2-3 Cells Lithium Polymer Battery Alarm - $9

http://www.rcmodelland.com/index.php?sp=&p=6&cat0=26&cat1=76&cat2=&id=583&new=&more=&s=&lang=en

or what about Maxpro Lipo Alarms $4.95

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7224

Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP? Batt-monitor-2S

I have run several packs using the Doohan and it works as expected. You get a solid blue light with a fresh pack, changes to a blinking blue light after a minute or so, when the pack just starts to loose enough power to fly the HBFP well the red light will blink and the buzzer will sound. It works well for what I was looking for and keeps me from discharging too deeply. (Although it seems that the HB will quit flying before getting into too deep a discharge)

Curt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP?   Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone use a Lipo discharge monitor on their HBFP?
Page 1 of 1