RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

DX6i and receiver suggestions?

Go down 
+6
blackrain0119
Prel
TOTO
Nuttcaze
Donnie D
cgetman02
10 posters
AuthorMessage
cgetman02

cgetman02

DX6i and receiver suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: DX6i and receiver suggestions?   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:09 am

It looks like from the going prices for DX6i on ebay if I need a receiver also I'd be paying almost the same as purchasing a new package with trans/rec.

Can anyone weigh in on the differences between an AR6100 and AR6200? I'll be doing close in flying for quite a while so I suspect that the AR6100 would probably be adequate. Are there other differences, besides the remote receiver, between the two that I should consider?

Thanks for any guidance.

I guess if I'm patient I may be able to find a deal on ebay for a combo.

AR6100 or AR6200 or no difference for a new flyer?

Curt
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: DX6i and receiver suggestions?   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:39 pm

I just got my DX6i the other day and it comes with a 6200 rec, which I'm going to use on my ES600 when it's ready. I'm planning to order a 6100 rec to use on my Belt CP to get it off the stock radio and onto the DX6i.

From what I understand the difference between the two rec is the 6200 has a secondary rec attached that sized can be placed at a different location on the heli giving it a larger profile to the signal, and is especially useful for large helis that may block the signal. The 6100 has just the one rec. I understand it's ok for the Belt CP sized helis.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Don't want to steer him in the wrong direction.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: DX6i and receiver suggestions?   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:17 pm

the AR6200 is a must for big helis, the size of them can block the signal from the Tx, having 2 seperate antenna makes it so you don't have to worry about that. For 450 size helis and smaller the AR6100 works fine.

I use an AR6200 on my E-Smart as well as my EXI 450 Squadron. I like the AR6200's myself but plan on getting some AR6100's for my new EXI 450's I'm building. flyaway
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: DX6i Delivered Today!   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:54 pm

Wow, there sure are a lot of switches. It's going to take a while to figure this baby out.

I missed the UPS man today with my EXI Squadron package by just a few minutes, shucks. I'll be home the next couple of days and will be waiting in the yard for him.

I also got a package today from Heli-fever.com with my stainless GURUZ HBFP flybars aand GURUZ paddles. I'm back in the air. What a differnce they made in the flying characteristics of the HBFP. Much more stable than the broken CF pieces I have been flying with!

Hopefully I will give an update tomorrow when my Xheli EXI Squadron package arrives.

Curt
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: DX6i and receiver suggestions?   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:59 pm

Tell me about it. The DX6i sure is intimidating. I've had mine for allmost a week and I haven't even charged the batteries yet. Been reading and rereading the manuel. Also Nuttcaze has some great video about it in both his ES 600 build vids and also his EXI 450 build vids. Also a great set of vids are on youtube. Just go to youtube and type in "upgrading to the DX6i". VERY helpfull. I'm waiting to get an AR 6100 and then I'll put my Belt CP and my ES 600 build on it at the same time.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Thanks for the links!   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:40 am

Thanks for the links, I'll check them all out. I don't have a receiver yet also, backordered on me. I ordered a 6100e. The DX6i is a big jump up from the TX included with the HBFP! We will figure it out I'm sure.

orange44 Curt
Back to top Go down
TOTO

TOTO

PostSubject: DX6i   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:21 am

Complete moron question from a nubie, our group has a used bird on the way with a spectrumradio and RX. My stupid question is can this TX be binded up to the e-sky 2.4 RX we have several belt CP and if possible would like to use the much more advanced spectrum. Would also like to thank every one that has passed on info making this addiction possible for a backwoods group out of Cashmere Wa to be able to fly flyaway
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: DX6i and receiver suggestions?   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:44 am

The Spectrum RX uses DSM (Digital Spectrum Modulation).
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the ESky RX is GFSK (Gaussian Frequency Shift Keying). 2 completely different modulation systens and incompatible orange83
Back to top Go down
TOTO

TOTO

PostSubject: Re: DX6i and receiver suggestions?   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:50 am

Got a new DX6i been trying to put it on a sweet flying belt cp. About three days into it finaly got the bird in the air it now runns to the left and no amount of input will reverce this action? bird was flying fine with the e-sky radio I am at a total loss? on the bench it appears everything is responding fine al movements look normal have it sitting next to a belt cp with stock radio lookes the same. Had to take a step back put Tx to a used EXI450 that the group has, after an hour shes airborn sure wish I could get the belt cp back to a competant flyer I miss her
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: DX6i and receiver suggestions?   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:12 am

first of all, maybe your swashplate and linkages are not level. Make sure they are level. Secondly, You can try your subtrims on you tx , this should solve your problem...
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: For help   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:51 am

I'm using the Dx7 and at times with each heli i've bound to it (4) I've had something that gave me fits. What I've done is simply to call Spcktrum, horizon hobby, and each time within 5 min. I'm fixed and workin fine. Them guys know the DX TX's Number is on the last page of the manual!! Easy way out.!
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

PostSubject: Re: DX6i and receiver suggestions?   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:34 pm

Just got my DX6i and is currently looking to purchase an RX.
I read that Specktrum (AR6200, AR6100, AR6100e etc.) recievers will work with DX6i.
Are there any other RX besides Spektrum I can use with DX6i?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: DX6i and receiver suggestions?   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:23 am

I think not orange44
Back to top Go down
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

PostSubject: Re: DX6i and receiver suggestions?   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:11 pm

So I'm looking at an AR6100 as well for a clone, anybody know if the exceede gyros will work? I'd assume they would but would like to know if someone has done that. Same gyro as on the Blue Ray, that one works on my JR just fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DX6i and receiver suggestions?   DX6i and receiver suggestions? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DX6i and receiver suggestions?
Page 1 of 1