RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Fatdaddyz Fleet

Go down 
+4
Nuttcaze
blazemob
Donnie D
Fatdaddy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:33 pm

[img]Fatdaddyz Fleet Fleet1[/img][img]Fatdaddyz Fleet Fleet2[/img]
This is the flyable trio!!!
Several more remain in their hanger awaiting compleation!!!LOL
After all I can only crash so many!!!

I finally figured out to post pix YEA!!!!
Vid... next... Only one so far is the maiden hover of the Smartie!!! And I didn't even need to make any tail rotor adj.
I did however lose the tail altogether when the set screw that holds the grips to the shaft backed off!!!! Yes I got it on film!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:57 pm

woot WOW! Great looking bunch of choppers. Now if I cann only get you to teach me how to load pics. Looking forward to seeing the vid of your ES 600 flight. I'm still working on mine. My ESC,BEC and program card should arrive today. Gonna order my gyro tomorrow, then all I'll need is my batt and charger and I can start getting it all together. Hope I don't mess it up. blink

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: posting   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:20 pm

All you got to do is go to the section of how-to's and there is a great lesson on it!! You need to do a photobucket acc. and go from there!!!
Cool about your parts!!! What gyro you gonna get? I can't recomend the logitech enough!!! If you got the 109 you gotta go for it. Get the combo, even though the 3100G srevo is a little small for the ES you could always use it later and for 5 bucks you can't go wrong. In fact if you do that and don't want the servo3100G I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands!!! Any if you got the money go for the 2100T. I'd think of using the ESky, cause it worked very good and easy to set up but mine went glitchy after only 3-4 weeks.. so thats 50 out thge window. I still got it but I'm affraid to use it, right now anyway but maybe I'll try it again some other day.
Good luck...
Oh dude!!! I got my roto pod training gear the other day and its soo cool and BIG.... LOL
Got it from Heliproz... I'll get a pix of it soon today and post it!!! Check back!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:29 pm

For now I'm gonna go with the new Esky HH. How do you like Heliproz? I've been getting most of my stuff from Heli Direct lately, except I'll order my gyro from X-Heli as Heli Direct is out of stock on it. Heli Direct has a great selection of stuff and the fastest shipping of anyone I've ordered from so far.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: me too   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:47 pm

I gety ALL my stuff from HeliDirect unless they are out of something... Well Good luck with the Esky HHgyro, Its gonna go bad to some degree, You've been to Helifreak ,right? If not go read..
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:10 pm

I was under the impression that the new Esky HH was a big improvement over the old one. Which gyro do you like best, how much is it and where do I find it? Fill me in.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: gyro   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:21 pm

Well I've only used the two Esky and the logitech. I did use a Telbee briefly and didn't set it up right and switched to the logitech. My plan is to have all my heli's with the same one. Its the logitech 2100T and 3100G servo combo. On the Esmart I use only the gyro(2100T) because the servo(3100G) is too small. I get the combo for 109 at Heliproz. Everywhere else the combo is aroung 150-160. Gyro only is 104. At heliproz the combo is 109. Don't get me wrong the ESky works really good, but mine went south at 3-4 weeks. I've read it almost always goes bad. But it does work good...
I really like the logitech, it holds like a rcok, spins soooo fast,(but you can slow it way down to your liking. Set up vids arer at......http://store.rcsupersales.net/servlet/-strse-197/Logictech-2100T-High-Performance/Detail
Check it out!!!
The tail stays where you put it!!!! Logitech 2100Tgyro and matching servo 3100G
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:40 pm

very nice fleet dude i cant wait to see em when me and nutcaze attempt to come down again lol
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: ROTOPOD!!   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:24 pm

Check out the ROTOPOD Training gear for large birds.. This thing is way cool!!![img]Fatdaddyz Fleet Rotopod1[/img]
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:55 pm

dude that is sweet i might need to get suntin like that for my esmart
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
Check out the ROTOPOD Training gear for large birds.. This thing is way cool!!!Fatdaddyz Fleet Rotopod1

Holy crap, so thats what you were talking about, does it let traing gear spin around or is the gear staitionary
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Pod   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:44 pm

OH yea it spins!! Its got some tapered rubber gromets also so it can rock in every direction so you can see what the cyclic actions are. You can flip the gromets so it is ridged. The legs also have a second set of holes that would let it set flat. The spring clips that hold the slids work really good. I just had it out to the park to fly. I took it there cause they got a large parking lot. I didn't want it to catch on the ground and flip. It does work really really good.
So now I'm sorta done for now, Battery chargers out to HK and I got no way to charge the 6S's I will try to use 2 3S/2200 however the pinnion came loose again.. Anybody have this happen? Second time.. Yes I used locktite.
I'm gonna file the set screw to a point and try again.

I also got to admit.... I'm scared of this thing!!!!!LOL it is WILD when in the air!!!!
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:48 pm

can you take a dremel tool and put a small flat on the shaft where the allen screw seats? navy1

Last edited by chiefqm on Tue May 05, 2009 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: gears   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Yea I thought of that but I'm gonna go back to the stock one with two sets. That should do it.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Screamer Flyin!!   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:39 pm

Yo guys.. If you look in the background of these shots you will see where the funfly will be!![img]Fatdaddyz Fleet DSCF0014[/img][img]Fatdaddyz Fleet DSCF0013[/img][img]Fatdaddyz Fleet DSCF0010[/img][img]Fatdaddyz Fleet DSCF0014[/img][img]Fatdaddyz Fleet DSCF0019[/img][img]Fatdaddyz Fleet DSCF0022[/img]
Back to top Go down
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: A nice trio Fatdaddy   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Well done,

Really like the idea for the training gear, what did you use for the rods? Looks like practice golf balls for the balls on the end. Very clever.

Tristar
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: gear   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:53 pm

No No This gear is stuff I got from HeliDirect. The wooden/styrofoam thing I haven't used in quite a while. This set was about 10 bucks and does work well.
Its a little bigger than what came with the HBK2. I'm not sure what the rods are and the balls are some kind of foam
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:03 pm

nice pics man orange74
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:19 pm

wow, that is a really nice field, ahhh orange75 I can't wait for next weekend, lol. orange71

I got to go pick my lil bro up from South Carolina Friday, I'll get back Sat in time for work and the Sunday if the weather is nice, my boss said he'd take me flying in his plane woot Damn well better be nice weather, I've been bugging him for months to go flying smiley-happy057
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:47 pm

That is a beautiful site, orange74 , wish I could be there, but unfortunatly I got to go to Hawaii and visit my sister-in-law. Sometimes life is soooo rough. Marc you are really going to enjoy going up in a small plane, they are such a blast! navy1
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:00 am

this is what kind of plane he has

Piper Aztec

Fatdaddyz Fleet N62732_Front
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: hey FATDADDY   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:37 am

orange68 hey fatdaddy, How about posting some pictures on your frontyard, so we can have some ideas for our 1st annual nuttsy funfly. I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Yard   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:53 am

Ok but what you see in the flight pix is the end of the yard and end of the front yard. The front and end both end at the edge of the field. The rest of the front has trees so there will be no flying there. The back has the pool and ends at the other field we won't be flying there. Also in back is the area where we will set up tents if anyone wants to camp. Hotels are 10-20 min. So there is a nice spot behind my garage for tents.
They say rain for tomorrow but as soon as I can I'll photo all over the place and post them for everyone to see. My yard is 2 acres and the field we will fly is about 27.
More than enough to set up 6-7 zones if we need to. We really could safely have 16-18 helis airborne at any time. Also we'll have a fire pit. 2 large decks for BBQ plenty of parking so we are gonna be good!!! But I'll get pix up soooon!!!
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:12 am

Sounds like the place to be Fatdaddy.
Bet I can hit a tree or land in the pool. Don't matter where I start flying. Landing spot is randon lol
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:18 am

Thank you. I'm 11 hours away from you. But it's going to be worth the drive. I'm from chicago .
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Freakin Sweet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:16 am

SWEET!!! So your coming???!!! This is gonna ROCK!!! Guys like you are what we need to make this work!!! Its one thing to come from nearby but to have someone show up from 900 mi away!!!!! WOW!!! We promise not to let you OR ANYBODY down!
Doesn't matter if you fly FP of CP or NITRO or Ele. Every member is WELCOME!!!
SHOOT,, You don't even have to have a Heli!!!! All you have to be is a member!!!
Well and of course you got to be NUTTSEY!!!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 7:25 pm

Nice fleet Fatdeddy. Gunna be a blast to see you fly them all. Nuttcaze, that the trainer your bringing to the fly in for us all to play with??????
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: long ride   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:18 pm

Prel, your gonna win the prize for longest ride to get here.
And I'm hopping to have two more done by then!! I really really wnat to have my EXI done before then, however I wrote up a list the other night of the parts I want to use and I just don't know if I'm gonna have that much spare cash before then, and I'm not gonna cut any corners with that one!!! Its all high end stuff, and of course all the TREX stuff fits it so there is plenty of upgrades that are on the list. Its already all metal head and tail but that hardly scratches the surface of whats out there!! I really hate the idea of using Align parts(I'm not sure why). I think the only real Align parts I'm gonna use is the shaft drive tail kit, thats just soooo cool I can't resist. But at least its a true upgrade!
Tonite I've started to assemble my Xtreme HBK2, I have all the parts cept the head I'm gonna use and my original HBK2 is really tired and needs a total overhaul.. bearings and all so its gonna be semi retired for a while. And I hope to have my GSmart by then too!!
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:40 pm

sounds like you got it all worked out bud. I finally got the tail blades and pinion for mine today so gunna play at being builder again tonight lol
I am so hoping me and the wife can get out there. Don't want to fly in but may have to.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Yea   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:22 am

Yea I got it all figured out !!! Right? LOL Well If you got to fly you got to fly!!! I just hope you can get out here!! In the event you do fly, you can box up the heli's and ship them out.. That might be easier then trying to get them safely on a plane.
I've heard or read maybe, that guys use hard sided gold club bags to take helis on a plane.. Anyway good luch and if there is anything I can do to help you get here just let me know!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fatdaddyz Fleet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatdaddyz Fleet   Fatdaddyz Fleet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fatdaddyz Fleet
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next