RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini owner

HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem Empty
PostSubject: HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem   HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:19 pm

Just got my HoneyBee FP ( mailboxhappy ) today and when I plug in the battery to the charger, the red power light blinks along with the green one.

On the charger, it says that when both blink, batteries go wrong. What does that mean? Am I going to need to get new batteries? orange43

Oh, and I have a 3-cell LiPo. Is that too much for the HoneyBee FP to handle? Or can I just stick the 3-cell on it and it will work fine?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem   HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 10:19 pm

Make sure your throttle stick and throttle trim are all the way down. All other trims to center. Transmiter on, antenna all the way extended, plug in heli and do not touch or move it until green light goes solid, probably about 5 to 8 seconds.

I would NOT recommend using a 3 cell. Use a 2 cell, 7.4v batt. If you use a 3 cell you risk burning out your 4 in 1, and if you do that it's time to buy a new heli.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Mini owner

PostSubject: Re: HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem   HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 10:26 pm

Donnie D wrote:
Make sure your throttle stick and throttle trim are all the way down. All other trims to center. Transmiter on, antenna all the way extended, plug in heli and do not touch or move it until green light goes solid, probably about 5 to 8 seconds.

I would NOT recommend using a 3 cell. Use a 2 cell, 7.4v batt. If you use a 3 cell you risk burning out your 4 in 1, and if you do that it's time to buy a new heli.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Well, I know how to start the Heli up, the problem is with the battery. The green light i'm talking about is on the charger itself.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Charger   HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 10:34 pm

Make sure you have it plugged into the 2 cell slot. It will be the one on the right. Then make sure you don't have it in upside down, the two little peg things on top(of the battery plug) must go in the slots of the charger slot.
Back to top Go down
Mini owner

PostSubject: Re: HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem   HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
Make sure you have it plugged into the 2 cell slot. It will be the one on the right. Then make sure you don't have it in upside down, the two little peg things on top(of the battery plug) must go in the slots of the charger slot.

Everything is plugged in perfectly. Just both red and green light are blinking simultaneously. I also tried using the charger from my HBK2 and it dies the same thing with the 2-cell, yet my 3-cell can charge perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem   HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Sorry, I misread your first post, Guess I'm getting old. You are probably right, probably the batt if you can charge another batt ok. Especially since it does the same with a different charger.
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Mini owner

PostSubject: Re: HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem   HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:24 pm

Donnie D wrote:
Sorry, I misread your first post, Guess I'm getting old. You are probably right, probably the batt if you can charge another batt ok. Especially since it does the same with a different charger.
Donnie D smiley-happy088

Would I have to buy a new one? I mean really, do I really have to pay for something that came broken shipped?!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem   HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:49 pm

Where did you buy it?

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Mini owner

PostSubject: Re: HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem   HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Donnie D wrote:
Where did you buy it?

Donnie D smiley-happy088

xheli.com
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem   HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:01 am

Go to rcdiscuss.com

You will have to register to post a question. You will see where to click to post questions about problems with your order and someone will answer your post to help you with your problem. The first topic on the page titled XHeli.com order support.

I am in process of working thru one with them now.

good luck

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Mini owner

PostSubject: Re: HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem   HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:06 am

Thanks for the help Donnie. I'll head over to the site in a bit after I finish up some stuff haha.

orange6
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem   HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 7:04 am

I can say that 11.1V is ok for hb. I was flying with 11.1v and my friend is flying with 11.1V without any problems. The honey bee cp2 uses the same 4in1 and it is running on 3 cell lipo with the same equipment orange73
P.S. Check the battery wires. Maybe they are loose? The same problem was for me, because few charging wires were un-soldered orange69
Back to top Go down
Mini owner

PostSubject: Re: HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem   HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:11 pm

P3tras wrote:
I can say that 11.1V is ok for hb. I was flying with 11.1v and my friend is flying with 11.1V without any problems. The honey bee cp2 uses the same 4in1 and it is running on 3 cell lipo with the same equipment orange73
P.S. Check the battery wires. Maybe they are loose? The same problem was for me, because few charging wires were un-soldered orange69

O.k. I'll go check if any wires are loose. Might as well use my 11.1v right now to try my heli out haha! orange72
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem   HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HoneyBee FP 2-cell LiPo problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 4ch FP and Co-Axial Helicopters-
Jump to: