RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Metal center hub

Go down 
+4
247rememberme
blazemob
kodak_jack
Donnie D
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Metal center hub Empty
PostSubject: Metal center hub   Metal center hub I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:18 am

If anyone has any experience with the new metal center hub for the HBFP, please let me know how you like it. I'm not much for modding stuff out too much as I think sometimes one mod just leads to another, but I may try this one as the plastic one is a little bit of a chore to replace and seems to break easily. thanks sign

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
kodak_jack

kodak_jack

Metal center hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal center hub   Metal center hub I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:14 pm

Going to a metal center hub might keep you from having t replace center hubs, but the force of a crash has to go somewhere. There has to be something to absorb the force without taking out the whole upper end. There are guys on the RC Groups HBFP thread who have tried it. I'm leery of jumping on Xtreme stuff. I have their metal rotor head and can't get it to fit the way it should. What good is a head that you have to work at to seat properly if you want the convenience of swapping heads with different blades? They make too many things that don't work. Stay away from their 380 motor when you decide to upgrade.
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

Metal center hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal center hub   Metal center hub I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 pm

i been looking into getting a metal center hub. but no one ever has em in stock lol
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Metal center hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal center hub   Metal center hub I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:10 pm

I think you're probably right KJ. smiley-happy088 I think from what I've read in other forums that the more you mod, the more you need to mod. I'll probably just stay with the plastic. It's cheap, works pretty doggone well and even the worst crash takes what, 30 minutes to repair? macguyver Kind of hard to beat. smiley-happy088

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
kodak_jack

kodak_jack

Metal center hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal center hub   Metal center hub I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:49 pm

Donnie D wrote:
I think you're probably right KJ. smiley-happy088 I think from what I've read in other forums that the more you mod, the more you need to mod. I'll probably just stay with the plastic. It's cheap, works pretty doggone well and even the worst crash takes what, 30 minutes to repair? macguyver Kind of hard to beat. smiley-happy088

Donnie D
You're just a pup when it comes to the HBFP. Nuttcaze did a video once where he rebuilt one from the frame up in about 10 minutes!!! :smiley-happy03
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Metal center hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal center hub   Metal center hub I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:56 pm

rofl Tales me 10 minutes just to find thehole in the center hub and insert the pin. atomic rofl

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

Metal center hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal center hub   Metal center hub I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:40 pm

kodak_jack wrote:
Stay away from their 380 motor when you decide to upgrade.
once again mr KJ talks with words of wisdom!i bought a 380,spent way too many hours trying to get it working but had to give up as it was really censored me off!
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

Metal center hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal center hub   Metal center hub I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:12 am

The X-treme metal central hub isn't that great. I tried it and the shaft is skinner at the top to accomdate the central hub. Upon xtreme flying, this top part of the shaft can snap off. I would substitute for an Exceed Falcon 40/Walkera #4 main shaft and gear and get the Metal rotor head core by Simon. The shaft is 1/4 longer and a full 3mm.

With regards to the X-treme 380 motors, the motor has RPM levels that the tail motor can't keep up with. This will cause uncontrallabe spinning unless you go DD. Even that is a stretch. The motors also can cause MOSFET burnouts in the Rx, so make sure ou have fuses installed for the main motor and tail motor.

I did this once and it was a bad experience. I decided, enough with carbon brushed motors and did the brushless motor methods which is way better. Less RF noise, so less tail glitching and slightl longer flight times. Check out the videos at www.rtf-heli.com as well as other mods for your 4-channel FP Heli.

happyyes
Back to top Go down
Brutus5

Brutus5

Metal center hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal center hub   Metal center hub I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 7:08 pm

blazemob wrote:
i been looking into getting a metal center hub. but no one ever has em in stock lol

You can try this shop, I've just bougth one myself for spare
http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/34778 excited

and this bladegrips are easier to fit
http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/25220

smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Metal center hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal center hub   Metal center hub I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 7:24 pm

he actually already bought and broke that rotor head, he did like it till the metal ball snapped off censored
Back to top Go down
Ram2want

Ram2want

Metal center hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal center hub   Metal center hub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:22 pm

Try here for HBFP upgrades such as metal hub.
http://www.xtremecx2.com/servlet/the-Honey-Bee-FP/Categories
Back to top Go down
Brutus5

Brutus5

Metal center hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal center hub   Metal center hub I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:53 am

Hey Donnie D!

You asked: If anyone has any experience with the new metal center hub for the HBFP?
I have used it for about 3 weeks now, so i can only speak for my self, but i love it. orange6
After a crash just before easter (where my swashplate separated) orange3 i have changed all the parts to: XTREME

Metal Central Hub
Metal Composite Blade Grip
Fiber Reinforced Blade
Metal Paddle control frame
Metal Swash Plate

The blade grip is a litle tricky to get to fit right, but on my grip i took of some of the fiber on the side that goes against the bearings. I took a picture of it, to try to xplain.
I don't know if thats something only on my bladegrip, but when i had done this it fits musch better now smiley-happy088

Metal center hub Img_0213

I'm sorry for the quality of the picture, but i hope you understand what i mean.
I also took a picture of the hub when it's of the axel. The axel is 2,9mm and the screw
is 1,9mm.

Metal center hub Img_0215

I also have the Super Landing Gear Kit V2 on my bird. (It's not my bird on this picture)

Metal center hub Super_11

The reason that i'm used so much money on it, is that i have it with me in my truck when i drive around in Europ, and it's easy to repair.
I'm sorry for my bad english, but i hope you understand what i mean.
Happy flying orange60
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

Metal center hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal center hub   Metal center hub I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:27 am

I have used all of these parts and find that the Metal Central Hub isn't that great as it can get seared off o x-treme flying as the shaft is thinner at the top were the hub is secured on.

The Metal Composite Blade Grip and Metal Paddle control frame are the best. You need to get the plastic EK1 0201 Ring like push rod in order to connect these two items wich go handin hand.

The Metal Swash Plate isn't that great other than for looks, but it is a much better swashplate than the E-Sky HBFP. I have substituted and used the better made plastic swashplate for the Exceed Falcon 40/WAlkera #4 which works great.

flyaway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metal center hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal center hub   Metal center hub I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal center hub
Page 1 of 1