RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

ES 600 build

Go down 
+5
blazemob
P3tras
Nuttcaze
Fatdaddy
Donnie D
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:29 pm

excited Well, I did it. I just ordered an ES 600 Metal edition kit. It'll be my first build, but I hope building it will teach me a lot about how these things work. I'm going to try to make myself take my time and do it right, but im gonna be depending on you guys for help. Thank goodness for this forum.
Thanks Nutcaze!!! salute salute excited I'm probably gonna build it using the same components you used in your build videos (Hobbywing 80A ESC of course, not the Dynam) unless you have better suggestions.

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Very Cool   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:37 pm

I'm about to start one of them too. I've done my Carbon/metal so I'm gonna start the full metal. The first was pretty sweet to build, no real problems once you figure out how to read the manual. Any question just ask.
Good Luck and Happy build...(thats what I like best!!) till I can fly better I guess...
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:34 am

I'm still really happy with my current set-up, the only things that could be better is that the Hobbywing's soft start up isn't so soft sometimes, alot of people use and like the Align 75A ESC but I like the ease of programming with the Hobbywing. Other then that my set up is great for basic flight and light 3D but a better gyro and servos wouldn't hurt either. ty
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: METAL/CF   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:17 am

Hey dudes, Late last night I won an auction for a Carbon Pro ESmart on EBay.
That makes 3. 2 CF and 1 Metal!! I've just started the metal and it will be up for sale soon. 1 has got to go. I'm really drooling for a Outrage 550 so I guess I got to make room. My pool table just isn't big enough..LOL!!
What about the 100A mystery ESC on something like this.. I hobbywing and most likely use the new plat. 80A but the price of the mystery keeps me thinkin bout it.
I just don't want to end up with a flamin fire ball.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:08 pm

I think it'd work fine, since 100A is more then it needs the ESC shouldn't be stressed as much.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:50 am

mailboxhappy My new all metal ES600 arrived today while I was at work. I've only had time to look in the box for about 5 minutes but when I saw the canopy I thought someone had shipped me a hood off a volkswagon. jumpy That's gonna be a big helicopter. It will be awhile before I get it built though. Got to get the rest of the stuff I need a little at a time as money allows. I guess my next item will be a radio.

Can anyone direct me as to where the best place to buy a Dx7? thinking

Also any suggestions about another brand of radio. :unsure:

Any help with that would be appreciated as I'm pretty green about all of this stuff. 😕

Thanks

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: DX7   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:56 am

I'm not sure where I got mine, but I found the place I got it on EBay. That is a good place to shop for price. You can kill two birds with one dollar. Get the DX7 combo, It will come with 4 full size servos and you can use them on the Smartie. Thats what I did on my first one!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 2:58 am

if I was gonna buy a DX7 I would buy it at Horizon Hobby because they are the main distributor for the Spektrum and JR radios. If your Tx ever broke, you'd be sending it to the Spektrum Department at Horizon

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM2712

but you could probably find a better price with signs141
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: ??   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:40 am

I think you got a good point Nutt. Sometime price isn't everything?? What do you think about the servos that come with the combo? I'm using them on my carbon ESmart.
Do you think that the little servo 3100G that mates with the logitech 2100T is strong enough for something as big as the 600? Right now I've got one of the specktrums on the tail to but I'm thinking of puttin a 3100 on there. Its got the 2100T gyro already and I've picked up the serve.

I think the gyro (ESky) on my HBK2 is givin it up. At first I thought the Esky servo might be gettin to hot cause that glitchin started after the start of the 5th batt, in a pretty short time, but last night it was doin it from the start. I've ordered a telbee and an Ino-lab 201, I think it is. to switch over. I'm saving the other 2100/3100 for my hot rod king.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 3:34 pm

Would someone tell me how far out from the pivot point on the servo horns to attach the link balls on the servo arms on an ES 600 full metal.

I will not be doing aerobatics or 3d, just pattern flight. I am using, for now, HS422's for all 4 servos.

I'll be using a DX6i transnitter with a 6200 rec.

Thanks folks,
Donnie D smiley-happy088

( I'm gettin closer) rofl smiley-happy057 woot excited

Last edited by Donnie D on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:41 pm

normally they'll be right at the ends of the servo arm, try to get a servo arm that has holes that match the spacing on the servo bell cranks
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:51 am

OK guys, I'm gonna order the ESC for my ES600 build this week. I've decided to go with the Hobby Wing 80A OPTO $88.00, the BEC that they recommend for it $11.99, and the program card, all from Heli Direct.

My question now is about the gyro.

Could someone explain (in dummy language of course) the differance between a standard gyro,like I have on my Belt CP V1, and a head Lock gyro.

My standard one one my Belt seems to work great, but I've never flown anything with a head lock, so I wouldn't know the differance.

Do I need a head lock gyro?

My concern is I never hear anyone complain about the standard (rate?) gyro, but I hear what seems to be a lot of comments about problems with the head lock gyros.

I assume you will tell me I need a head lock, so which reasonably priced one do you guys recommend?

Seems I hear pretty good things about the one from Esky.

Thanks for the help,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:02 pm

Yes you will need a HH gyro, if you've only used a rate gyro then the difference will be night and day, almost like the heli has auto pilot because when your gyro is set right you never have to chase the tail around, its always exactly where you put it.

The rate gyro the ESky made was always bad, even when they worked they were basically broken, I had 4 and only 1 ever worked and that was only for a short time. Then I tried the earlier ESky HH gyro and found that too to be junk, I've had good luck with Telebee's but recently have had better luck with the newer ESky HH gyro. For the E-Smart the better gyro you can get the easier it will be to fly.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Gyro   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:18 pm

My nickel's worth, I use the logitech 2100T and 3100G combo. On the Esmart I think the 3100 might be a bit to small so I've used a DS821 dig. Other wise I use the combo.
I have it on my HBK@ and just last night put it on my screamer 480. I got to say in hover or F.flight, the kind I do anyway they are ROCK solid.Period...!!!
Where you set the nose/tail depending on how you look at it it STAYS!! Once you get the servo set BAM you got it. It doesnt matter ,wind,drift dumb thumbs whatever this things put And it also stays put in reverse flight!!! I fly backwards a lot and the tail never moves. where I stick it that is where it is.. I love them. They are a little more intence to set up but I've found 3 very good short vids on RCSuperstore that make it a peice of cake !!! Now cost is a little more 105/155 but at Heliproz you can get a deal on both for 109. even if you don't need the servo right now it makes sence to get it anyway. Google it and you will get rave reviews.Many say its better than the 611.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:23 pm

I'm really close to needing a good gyro for my E-Smart. As I learn more inverted flight I can see why its an absolute must to have a good gyro for inverted flight. Once that tails spins while its upside down, its over, at least for me, lol orange51
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Nuttcaze: What is the part number for the newer Esky HH gyro you said was OK and where can I buy it?
If I decide to go with that one I want to make sure I buy the right one.

Fatdaddy: Can I use the HS422 servo that I have mounted on my 600 for the tail rotor with the gyro you described?
What is the part number for that one?

Thanks guys,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: HS422   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:41 pm

Yes any servo can be used. there 3 settings in the set up where you tell the gyro what servo your using. I've used mailny the matching 3100T but also have used an analog ino-labs too and it works great with that one.
I've read a lot on the gyros. and the logitech always gets very good or great remarks.
Like I say above, many say it beats out the 611.
Nuttsy, I think this is the one for you too.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: mail   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:42 pm

Nuttsy, package going out to you today!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:34 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:

I've read a lot on the gyros. and the logitech always gets very good or great remarks.
Like I say above, many say it beats out the 611.
Nuttsy, I think this is the one for you too.

I'm gonna be taking your advice on this one and buying one as soon as I get the extra funds orange71

Also Thanks for the gears, I REALLY appreciate it. orange74
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:36 pm

Donnie D wrote:
Nuttcaze: What is the part number for the newer Esky HH gyro you said was OK and where can I buy it?
If I decide to go with that one I want to make sure I buy the right one.

Thanks guys,
Donnie D smiley-happy088

ESKY EK2-0704B - Professional RC Helicopter Head Lock Gyro

$49 - http://www.hobbypartz.com/esekprhelogy.html
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:00 pm

mailboxhappy Ok, I received my ESC(Hobby Wing 80A-OPTO) the 3A-UBEC recommended for that ESC, and the program card today. I'll order my gyro tomorrow. All I'll need then is my batt and charger and I can start putting this stuff together. I'm a little (no a lot) confused though as to how to hook up the ESC to program it. The directions indicate I'll need two batterys, I'm confused about that. I thought the BEC eliminated the need for another battery. I'm a real dunce about this stuff. dunce Could someone explain the hookup for programing this ESC?

Of course, I can't program it yet as I don't have my battery or charger, but it would be nice to have a heads up on this. Boy I've got a lot to learn.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:38 pm

first you need to solder the BEC wires to the deans connector, then you will have 2 plugs to plug into the program card, plug the ESC into the part that says BEC, and plug the wire coming from the BEC to where it says battery on the program card, then just plug the battery in and program the card. That might not have made much sense so if not let me know and I'll take a better pic

in this picture, imagine the Rx shown was the Program card and make sure the motor is not plugged into the ESC.

ES 600 build SDC18852Large
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:22 pm

Should receive the last of the parrts I need to finish up my ES 600 this week. Battery and charger. excited

Going to charge up my DX6i for the first time tonight. Instructions in manuel sat to charge overnight. Not very specific.

If I put it on charge tonight at 10 PM and take it off charge tomorrow morning at 6 AM, will that be about right?

Thanks for info'
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Charging   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Hey Don, You will be ok charging overnight like that. I got a question, Who recommended the 3A bec? Is that gonna be enough for the 4 full size servos and gyro plus the Rec? Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: never mind   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:03 pm

OK never mind, I just looked and the other ESC that contain a bec have an output of 3A too.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:05 pm

It was the one that was recommended, or at least on the same page with the ESC. I don't know if it is ok, but it seemed to be the one recommended for that ESC. It says HobbyWing Switchable U-BEC 3A 5/6V V3. I hope it's OK.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Its OK   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:10 pm

I think you'll be ok.. Looks like the internal bec of the platunim's output is 3A and 5.25/6V . I just remembered the one I have on the FM Smartis is a 5A/7.5 max so I guess I assumed that that was the one for a big bird. Yes I know about assumeing!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:21 pm

Hey, no problem. I just appreciate you trying to look out for me.

By the way, I scheduled Friday the 17th and Mon the 20th as Time off from work. One more step toward trying to make it to the Fun Fly.

Still can't commit yet, but I'm gettin closer.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Super Cool !!!!   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:47 pm

That's really cool I can't wait to meet you!! I'm going outside to fly my smartie right now!!! I had such a great flight last night I almost couldn't believe it was me on the sticks!!! I'm ready to give up anything smaller than a 600!!!!LOL But I did get my G5 in the mail today..
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:00 pm

When programing my Hobby Wing 80A ESC with the program card For my ES 600, are these the correct settings? dunce whatt

Brake------------Off

Battery Type-----Lipo

Cut Off Type-----Soft Cut

Cut Off Voltae----High

Start Mode-------Very Soft

Timing Mode------Low???????? I don't know what that means. Is Low right?

Music------------What ever

Governor Mode---Off

Thanks for the help,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ES 600 build Empty
PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ES 600 build
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next