RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

ES 600 build

Go down 
+5
blazemob
P3tras
Nuttcaze
Fatdaddy
Donnie D
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ES 600 build - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: program   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:12 pm

What I do , just what you got except, I leave timming at default its the middle I think and I use the middle voltage cut off. I'm sure you will get plenty that say go for the high and I'm sure that wouild be cool to. I also use the very soft start but it ain't very soft.. The hobbywing platinum are a really nice soft start so I don't know why the pentium isn't better.
I had a really good flight tonight, my daughter got some good pix and some vid, I'll try to post tonight.
Good luck and I can't wait for you to get it done. Also, Really think hard about gettin yourself some training wheels for it. I was thinking of takin mine off tonight but I'm really glad I didn't cause I'd be tearing the head apart right now to replace some bent shafts. Anyway take a look at Ronsheliproz south at the rotopod.. Cost some bucks but totally worth everypenny.. I love mine!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:47 pm

Oh yeah, I wouldn't even think about trying to fly it without a training gear. I fly my HBFP and Belt CP without the gear now, but the first few flights with the 600 will definately have the gear on. orange43 orange54
In fact the first spool up will be strapped to my workbench. excited

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:41 am

I should receive my replacement 5S battery for my ES 600 from XHeli today so I will FINALY be able to hopefully finish the build.

The heli is completely assembled with all electronics installed. No power has been applied yet as the battery I got was defective.

I have a couple of questions.

I guess the next step would be to go ahead and program the heli and settings for it into my DX6i.

Bind receiver to transmitter.

Then program the ESC.

Then power up the heli with motor unplugged and tail servo plugged directly into the receiver rudder channel (bypassing the HH gyro for now) to center the servos. (Telebee HH gyro new version)

Does this sound about right?

Thanks for any help
Donnie D smiley-happy088

Excited, but nervous
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: yup   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:08 am

Sounds good, I'd bind first to get it out of the way. Then you will need idle-up set up for sure.For settin up the head. I don't bother skipping the gyro and I just flip to rate mode, but it will work good as you said. Remember you will also need to find the center of all the servos at first power up. Then you can set up the head and tail. First is leveling the swash, Then all links, wash out arms and everything equal and 90 degrees. Then set pitch!! This will all need to be done in idle up so thats why that need to be set up in the TX.
I'm spending today tracking down parts for mine so I will have them when I get the others done. I vdon't really want to tear open a second kit for parts so I'm trying to find them. Hardest I think will be the tail boom!!
The 500 is almost done and is lookin very sweet!!! I'm gonna try really hard to keep it out of the dirt!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:31 pm

Thanks Fatdaddy. I will have more questions once I get started. orange71

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Good Luck!!   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:11 pm

No problem bud!! Glad to help. I would'nt mind speakin to ya on the phone if you get to where you need to, just let me know. You are about to start the best part of the build, the set-up and tuning. It's what I enjoy most!! If done carefully you will not need to adj. blade tracking when finnished. I have not had to adj. mine yet. The Esmart head holds its adjustments very well unlike the other ESky birds. When your ready I'll be happy to give you my procudure for centering and pitch set-up. Just make sure you have your swash tool and pitch gauge. So let me know when you have your servo arms at 90' @ 50%stick in Idle-up and we will go from there.
Later..... Let the fun begin!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks a million Fatdaddy. I'll let you know when I get there. excited

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Just hope when that batt gets here that it actually was my problem. I'll know shortly.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:58 pm

OK, this is a really dumb question, but I'm full of those.

I'm not very familar with my new DX6i yet. I have my Belt CP V1 on it and it is of course model 1. When I proram my ES 600 in, it will be model 2.

When I bind the receiver (AR6200) for the ES 600 to the tx, do I need to do anything special. Do I need to set the tx to model 2 first. Is there any chance it will bind the Belt settings to the 600. Or am I concerned over nothing?

Appreciate any help
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: #2   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:46 pm

Yes Sir, You will need to have the DX6 on model 2 first or it will bind to model 1
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:58 pm

Thanks FD. I think I figured that out about time you posted. If I'm seeing it right, the last model you set the tx on before you cut the tx off is the one it will be set on when you turn the tx on again. So I just need to be sure the tx is set on model 2 (ES 600) when I turn it off.

Then when I turn the tx back on to bind, it will be set on mod 2 and I will be binding the settings for the 600.

That sound right?

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: First spool up   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:22 pm

biggrin Well, I finally got everything together on my E-Smart today and decided to go ahead and try to set everything up on my own. Looked back over all the vids I could think of and other info and strapped it to my test stand. Had to swap the motor/ ESC wires too get the motor direction right. Then thought I had a gyro problem till I changed the reverse switch, and that seems to have taken care of that. A little more adjustment to the tail servo and to the gyro thru the DX6i and at least on the test stand everything looks good. happyyes

Way too windy here today to try to fly it, at least with my pathetic skill level, so I went ahead and made myself a training kit for it. Maybe tomorrow I'll very carefully try to hop it around a bit, and get a feel for it. VERY carefylly.

I tell you, that thing is a monster. Very intimidating. Guess I'll get uysed to it. Looking forward to the first flight. happyyes excited

:worthy: Thank you to everybody who gave me advice and help. I'm sure I'll have many, many more questions once I try to fly this thing. salute

Thanks,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:58 pm

GREAT Don!!!! Your right about it being SCARY!!! It took 5-6 flights before I got comfortable with the sound and the look of the blades spinning AT my face!!!LOL
How did you make out with binding up your rec.??
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:45 am

Hey FD
Slick as a whisle. I'm gonna go thru and check my set up one more time, strap it to my test stand and check the tracking, and then put the training gear on before first flight test. Looks like it's not gonna be so windy today. Wish me luck.

Oh yea. I didn't notice until after I had sorted out my motor wires to get it rotating in the right direction that my ESC wires are labled which wire goes to which motor wire. But I know some ESCs aren't labled.

Looks like the first thing that needs to be done in that case is to put some clear or white or whatever shrink tube on the ESC leads to keep them from shorting out during setup etc. Thats what I did. Then after I sorted the leads out I just put the right color shrink tube over that. Probably saved my ESC.

Did any of that make any sense?

Thanks
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:13 am

Good luck with your flight. Awaiting vids whacky034
P.S. The shrink tube is mandatory. You really don't want that it short circuit in the air happyyes
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: pow!!   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:32 am

Yea man , use heat shrink EVERYWHERE!! I shorted out a 6S, on the bench by crossing some leads I made up for charging, and I could not believe the result!!! It blew the sodered ends right off!!! Melted the soder and burnt a chunck out of a pr. of plyers that it happened to touch!!! I WAS SHOCKED!!!! SO BE CAREFUL with these big batterys!!!
I know your using 5S but still enough amps to make a big mess!!
Yes I wish you ALL THE SKILL(and luck) to get the Smartie in the air safely and more importantly back on the ground!!!
My repair parts should be here mon. or tues. I really miss having it to fly!!! I'm suprized, I've still got two flight ready heli's but since I've been flying it the others just are not thew same!!! You will see soon what I'm talkin about!!
My 500 should be done today also and I'm really anxious to take it up. Its also big and way cool!! But not quite an ESmart!! I'm starting to box up the metal one I'm sellin, its goin to Norway!!!
I'm gonna also start the G5 this week,, I JUST LOVE BUILDIN these things!! vI just wish I could fly them as well as I build them!!!!LOL
OH, what ESC you usin? I don't think it matters which wire goes where except to get it spinnin the right way..
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:27 am

Hobby Wing 80A OPTO.

What I was saying concerning the shrink tube is that the first thing you need to do with a new ESC is to put shrink tube on the leads even if you dont know which colors to use yet. Do it first to insulate the leads so they can't short out during your set up, before you ever plug in the motor. Then after you plug in the motor and determoine pos-neg etc, you can put the correct color shrink tube on over it.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 4:17 pm

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Last edited by Donnie D on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:36 pm

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAA!!!!!! orange58 Skidmarks in my......well you know. orange1 Came home from church yesterday and double checked my setup and pitch again. Strapped it to my test stand and spun it up and checked my blade tracking, didn't even have to touch it. Put on my homemade training gear, and said a little prayer and cranked her up. Man O man what a beast. orange43 SMOOTHE AS SILK!!! Of course I didn't do a whole lot of manuvering. Just some hovering to get the tail adjusted right and tweaking the gyro settings. WHEW!!! Man I love this heli. So relieved the first flight is over. Man you could eat lunch while you you wait for the rotor to spin down. Had a blast. Thanks for all of the advice from everyone and for listening. orange71

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Oh yeah, I gotta get another battery.
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:09 pm

the sound of the blades is the best part keep us posted on how ur doing with it
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:46 pm

Had my fourth flight/hover a few minutes ago. So far so good. Still fiddling with tx settings and gyro settings. Having a blast. Nuttcaze is right, this is Eskys best heli by far. biggrin

Donnie D smiley-happy088

You're right Blaze, the sound of the rotors is something else. I timed how long it took for the rotors to spin down after I shut off the power. 58 seconds.
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:02 pm

yea its crazy how long it takes i also like the way the blades looking spooling up i jus love this heli in general it truely is an addrenilan rush im tryin to get a vibration out of mine but still a blast
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:26 pm

Blaze, and anyone else using a DX6i. What are your settings on your tx for your gyro? I'm using a Telebee ver 2.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Memoza

Memoza

PostSubject: E smart Battery question (5C vS 6C)   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:11 am

Well just got my all metal E Smart, a quick question, did anyone try using a 5Cell 18.5V batteries instead of 6C.

Also, does anyone know a cheep site to get decent batteries for the esky.
I checked the Thunder Power site (usually where we get everything from) and a standard 5C-6C can easy go over $150 ... orange1

strange to think that 2 batteries can cost more than the kit combined...
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:04 am

Both me and Blazemob both use 18.5v batteries for out E-Smart's, check here for some killer battery prices,

like a 18.5v 5000mAh 25C for only $75 - http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9175&Product_Name=Turnigy_5000mAh_5S_25C_Lipo_Pack
Back to top Go down
Memoza

Memoza

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:53 pm

wow for 5000mAh that is cheap, orange78 Thunder power at the same specs are $240
well they are also 70g lighter, still 240 USD ...

Anyhow, can some one tell me, if by putting a 6Cell 22.2V batt will increase the motor power or just fry it ? So far I only seen 5C with E-smart Esky motor or 6C with the Scorpion mod.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Sounds like Blazemob is having a vibbration issue.

Donnie, I am using DX6I and G401B Gyro and I have been using 55%~56%.

I Had a big mishap yesterday, but only broke the CF tail fin and main gear.

I run 2 battery's in series and tried the adapter for charging 2 3cell on your
6cell port. Turns out I have ruined 2 of my battery's because it doesnt seem
to be balancing correctly.

I flew the smart for about 2 minutes and it lost full power. I had to come in
hard into the grass. The only thing I can find is one of my 3cell battery's
was way out of balance and might be completely ruined. I have charged
and discharged it a few times and now the cells are balanced but I will
have to wait to see if it will work.

I just bought 2 6cell 5000mah 20C turnigy packs for $59.99. Then you have to
pay $30 EMS shipping for 2~3 day.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9176&Product_Name=Turnigy_5000mAh_6S_20C_Lipo_Pack
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Memoza, I run 6cells no problem. Should have more power that a 5cell.
I think this motor can handle more than a 6 cell.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 1:55 pm

suriano wrote:
Sounds like Blazemob is having a vibbration issue.

Donnie, I am using DX6I and G401B Gyro and I have been using 55%~56%.

I Had a big mishap yesterday, but only broke the CF tail fin and main gear.

I run 2 battery's in series and tried the adapter for charging 2 3cell on your
6cell port. Turns out I have ruined 2 of my battery's because it doesnt seem
to be balancing correctly.

I flew the smart for about 2 minutes and it lost full power. I had to come in
hard into the grass. The only thing I can find is one of my 3cell battery's
was way out of balance and might be completely ruined. I have charged
and discharged it a few times and now the cells are balanced but I will
have to wait to see if it will work.

I just bought 2 6cell 5000mah 20C turnigy packs for $59.99. Then you have to
pay $30 EMS shipping for 2~3 day.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9176&Product_Name=Turnigy_5000mAh_6S_20C_Lipo_Pack

we fixed Blazemobs vibration issue, it was just some bad tail fins, been cutting grass with them too long.

Holy F#$k those are some cheap batteries, I want some soo bad now.

Oh and the ES600 is actually meant for 22.2v
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:33 pm

Thats interesting...... I had bad vibration now known
to be from tail blade problems too.

Only mine came that way from esky.

I should have known sooner. You could pull on the blade
tips and they would move around the shaft of the screw.

If you guys would like, I will report back on those Turnigy
battery's?
Back to top Go down
Memoza

Memoza

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:33 am

Our talk about batteries got me thinking.

orange78

i'm thinking of possibly switching to Anderson's PowerPole connectors they seem to be pretty good... the "30 amp rated" connectors can apparently handle 60+ amps continuous and up to 150 amps peak. check these sites out. plus they seem alot easier to solder than those stoopid Deans plugs!

http://www.flyrc.com/articles/using_powerpole_1.shtml
http://www.powerwerx.com/anderson-powerpoles/powerpole-sets/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ES 600 build   ES 600 build - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ES 600 build
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next