RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Building e-smart

Go down 
+3
Nuttcaze
djem
P3tras
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
P3tras

P3tras

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:53 am

In first place I want say BIG thanks to Nuttcaze (Marc), Fatdaddy (Steve), Donnie D, and Blazemob (Brad) for sending this beautiful e-smart kit. I also want to say thanks to all this forum members. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Now about e-smart. This thing is HUGE. So it will need huge electronics orange6 I want to make the build as cheap as possible. I will post information about my progress. In first place I want to order electronics, then start the build.

Now few photos:
Building e-smart Sn853898
Building e-smart Sn853900

More info and photos coming soon....

I am so exited about building it excited
Back to top Go down
djem

djem

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:04 am

Yeah man, keep us informed and have fun (very much ) orange45 with that beautifull heli.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:13 am

hahahahahahahahaha :hahaha: :hahaha:

See, I told you it was a heli kit, keep us posted on your progress
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:57 am

Have fun P3. I'm sure it will be perfect when you get it built.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Now I decided about transmitter. I will use spektrum dx6i. I just might buy it tomorrow at local hobby shop for 570Lt (~235$) A little bit expensive orange3
Building e-smart Spektrum-dx6i
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:16 pm

ur gonna love this heli man i bet u was suprised when u opend up da box keep us posted on ur build orange74
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: WOOOOHOOOO!!!!   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:37 pm

Yo buddy, I Hope you like it!!!! We figured out of everybody here on the forum YOU needed to have an ESmart!!! I have a motor for it if you would like to have it?? I was hoping to get it in the box before it was sent but I missed it!! Its just a stock ESky motor but it has lots of power and it works great on the "E" So if you would like it let me know!!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Yes, I LOVE it!! orange49 I really would need main motor. Tell me your pay-pal address and I will send money for it! bouncy
And now about electronics that I might use:
ESC: 90A simple, cheap ESC 30$ Building e-smart HK-100A
Battery: 5000mAh 20c 6s battery 60$ Building e-smart T5000-6-20
Charger: Nice balancer charger (5A) 35$ Building e-smart ACC6(1)
Digital Servos: 7.2kg / .10sec / 46.5g metal gear 18$ x4= 72$ Building e-smart BMS-621DMG-HS
Gyro: Well known Telebee gyro 34$ Building e-smart GR302-AD
Connectors 3$
Shipping 50$
Grand total= ~290$

What do you think about such electronics? orange78
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:13 pm

Hey;

If you order from Hobby King use the express EMS service. It is worth the money.

I now have 2 flights on the turnigy 5.0 battery's and so far they are good.

Dont know about the rest of that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:13 pm

everything looks good, I would get a seperate BEC or receiver pack just in case the ESC craps out

other then that enjoy the build, make sure you take your time when you do finally start assemblying it to fly, don't forget locktight too, Also, I would get a better tail fin, I'm sure you've noticed how flexible that one is.

Any other questions just ask orange74
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Suriano, I will use standard shipping method. One local person used EMS express and had to pay more taxes than the order value was orange83 And still it is double price.
Nuttcaze, the ESC doesn't have built in BEC. I will probably use separate BEC or 4cell nimh battery. And the stock tail fin will be good for first test flights orange44 As far as I understand it is semi-metal version right? think004
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Full metal   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:59 pm

P3, buddy what you have, I believe is trhe full metal. All the stuff you have listed looks good too me... I don't want anything for the motor just give me your address and I will send it to you!!! Good luck and take your time with the build!! Nothin worst than to forget something and have a crash cause of it!!! I almost wish I could say I forgot something but both my crashes with the "E" have been PILOT error!!!
To crash an "E" is sickining!!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:30 pm

P3tras wrote:
I understand it is semi-metal version right? think004

Yep, thats right
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: woops   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Sorry my mistake!!!! But you will never know it in thwe air!!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:36 am

P3tras wrote:
Suriano, I will use standard shipping method. One local person used EMS express and had to pay more taxes than the order value was orange83 And still it is double price.
Nuttcaze, the ESC doesn't have built in BEC. I will probably use separate BEC or 4cell nimh battery. And the stock tail fin will be good for first test flights orange44 As far as I understand it is semi-metal version right? think004

Hey just say'n because many order the reg. way it has taken a month to get it.
I got mine in 3 days...

$56 x 2 for batterys (5000 6s) + the $34 (i think) shipping I paid, is still cheaper than
1 battery of equal size bought here in US.

I buy all the time from overseas and thought I would tell you about it. The reg. way I
usually wait 4-5 weeks.........

P.S. make sure the head fits on the main shaft right and doesnt wiggle around even
with a loose bolt......No Wiggle........Wiggle Bad.........

OH and What Tax's????Why????? I didnt pay any tax's on it.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:55 am

Suriano'

I think your canopie looks great. I painted mine black as well, but the paint is constantly popping off. Mine is the stock canopy and I used Krylon Fusion paint. It is supposed to adhere to plastic, but it didn't work too well on my canopie. I guess I'm gonna have to redo it or buy another canopy and try something else.

What did you use?

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:27 am

Donnie D wrote:
Suriano'

I think your canopie looks great. I painted mine black as well, but the paint is constantly popping off. Mine is the stock canopy and I used Krylon Fusion paint. It is supposed to adhere to plastic, but it didn't work too well on my canopie. I guess I'm gonna have to redo it or buy another canopy and try something else.

What did you use?

Donnie D smiley-happy088

It was the same I bet... The krylon for plastics you get at the hardware store. I did
sand the crap out of it though....

My plan is to get a trex 600 canopy. I just like the looks....But with all the problems
I was having with this heli I didnt want to spend that much so the paint was cheaper.

The yellow paint I had was from the hobby store and that stuff was coming off
really easy.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:28 pm

Few updates about electronics:
I bought mystery 80A ESC from ebay (not the hobby king one) Building e-smart Ok800a
And I will use this servo in the tail (it is a little bit faster but less powerful than the other one) Building e-smart BMS-661DMG-HS
Those bluebird servos are looking great orange6 So everything (without transmitter and receiver) will cost me ~280$ orange44 When my father will put my money on his credit card I will make order from hobby-king.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Review   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:47 pm

Those Blue bird's are what RCHeli used for the flight test on either the "E" or "G" I'll have to check but I know it was one of tyhem!!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:45 pm

thats cool that your dad is gonna help you build the ES600, just curious though, what did he say when you got the heli? orange72
Back to top Go down
djem

djem

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:03 pm

Your dad can buy a second one for himself so you both can build and fly together.
Father and son "the ES600 flying family" flyaway flyaway
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:37 pm

Umm I will build it by myself orange73 It is too big pleasure to let it build by others. I am just using his credit card orange80 And in fact he's living in the other side of the city so to build it together is a bit complicated orange3 And when he saw the heli it was like WOW! orange72 And Fatdaddy, you are right about bluebird servos. RCHeli used bluebird servos in their e-smart test flight. They wrote that it was crap and they replaced them with JR (if I am right) servos laughing013 But I am going order newer version of these servos (digital, not analog) And these servos has a good feedback from buyers. And they are pretty cheap with such specifications 2cents The only downside is that they are pretty heavy (46.5g) Can they be too big for 'little' holes in the frame? smokingele
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:01 pm

At last I ordered electronics for e-smart bouncy Now I will start building it. Or I should build it when I receive electronics? orange80
P.S. How many amps BEC should be for e-smart?

Edit: Almost build my e-smart. I only need to screw the tail boom on the frame and install main blades. And of course set it up but I will do that when I receive its electric parts. Photos coming tomorrow flyaway
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:52 pm

I'll see if I can find out what mine is, I forgot and its not written on it Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:48 am

Here's photos!
Before
Building e-smart Sn853903
What I did yesterday
Building e-smart Sn853905
Belt cp with his BIG brother
Building e-smart Sn853906
What I did today
Building e-smart Sn853909

Belt cp now looks SOOOO small heli Crazysmile And Nuttcaze you were right. Tail fin sucks. And I didn't like that e-smart can't do autos with tail spinning. If motor stops, it will spin out of control. Even king 2 and belt cp can do that. I was dreaming to do a big auto with e-smart orange80 It is a little disappointment. But everything than that is GREAT! Now es600 will sit more than 2 weeks waiting for it's parts orange4
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:56 pm

I was just reading a Heli mag. that talks about autos. It was say'n you
dont need the tail rotor to spin just the mains. Because there is no engine
torque it should stay straight.

Now I havnt tried it and I dont know how pretty it would be but thats what
it was say'n and it makes a little sence.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:31 pm

yep despite the tail rotor not spinning the E-Smart can auto fine, I've talked with a few people who have done auto's with their E-Smart and say its no different from other helis, but I haven't wanted to try myself orange72
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:48 am

Then I must go to PARTY!!! orange80 And spend my money orange83
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:30 am

At last hobby king sent my order orange58 Now about 16 days till the items arrive orange3
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:07 pm

I just put an order in for some parts from them too, got some batteries and parts for a heli I haven't bought yet, gonna be getting a 500 size heli soon, just holding out to see which one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Building e-smart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building e-smart
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next