RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Building e-smart

Go down 
+3
Nuttcaze
djem
P3tras
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
P3tras

P3tras

Building e-smart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:08 pm

I received ESC this morning. Looks pretty good. Order from hobbyking should arrive in about a week :chickendance: (I also love this smiley)
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:07 am

which ESC did you order again? I had noticed on some ESC's at Hobbycity didn't have a "Super Soft Start" option, which is very important on a big heli.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:04 am

I ordered mystery pentium 80A ESC from ebay. It has soft start though. But it doesn't say that it has super soft start. I guess I should be very careful when starting up heli :prop:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:27 am

one thing I do is to bump the throttle just enough to get the blades spinning then slowly start to spin it up flyaway
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 am

I actually start the head turning with my hand on the E-Smart and that works real good. Don't have to do that with the Belt.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Start   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Even with the HobbyWing Plat. and the Pent.'s the supersoft ain't.. But I have yet to strip a gear!!! I just move it ever so slightly and it get movin just fine!!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:14 pm

I ordered castle creations BEC. Building e-smart - Page 2 Image1_3196
I like question in the FAQ:

25. Is my CC BEC edible?

Please refrain from tasting the yummy goodness of the CC BEC. Castle Creations is not responsible for any cases of upset stomach, indigestion, or other GI malfunctions as a result of CC BEC consumption. Eating a CC BEC is known to cause cancer in the state of California. :crylaugh:
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:15 am

I won an auction at ebay. And I won futaba 7C tx! excited
Now I need to buy a receiver. So I have almost bought everything for my e-smart. But now I shouldn't go to school and find a damn job! laughing013
Edit: After calculation I found out that I don't have money for rx right now sad122 I will need to borrow from someone orange75
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:45 pm

On Monday it will be 3 weeks after shipment from hobbyking. Something is wrong. I usually get shipments from Hong Kong in about 2 weeks. I guess I will need to pay custom taxes. Great.... sad122
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:41 am

Just received BEC from UK. Order from hobbyking still didn't came orange3
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:33 pm

I dont want to rub it in,but you sound like many many other people that I read about.
I got all my stuff in three days from them because I used the express shipping. Its
got us all waiting. We want to see your esmart up and fly'n too.

I hope you are not one of those people I heard about that had to wait 6 weeks or better
when they ordered from hobby king......
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Yeah, I know that you recommended EMS shipping. But simply I didn't have money for it. Normal shipping costs ~40$ and EMS ~90$. Pretty big difference orange44 And it is not hobbyking fault for long shipping. I think the parcel is in customs. TX should come on Thursday. But now I have less than 10lt (4$). So I don't have money for rx and customs taxes. But I will borrow from my sister orange73
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:11 pm

Wow! 90$ for EMS....What the heck did you buy a boat anchor.....just kidding

I bought 2 6s 5000 batterys it only cost me $32 for EMS total. I wonder if the EMS
will bypass customs though.....

Those batterys I ordered were very heavy, so I dont understand why they wanted $90. If
that was the case I understand why you didnt want to do it...
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:14 pm

Remember that we live in different countries Wink EMS here gets even more taxes (local peoples says) orange3
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:28 pm

you didn't have to pay anything extra when I sent you that ES600 kit did you? if not next time you need to order something, if you think it'd be quicker and cheaper to get it from the US I can send it to you, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Nah, I didn't pay anything when I received ES600. You marked it as a gift and wrote 50$ value. But if you would wrote ~60$ value I think I would have to pay customs taxes. :grinn:
Thanks for the offer about shipping. Many shops in USA sends orders to Lithuania. But shipping times from Hong Kong and USA are almost the same, but prices are better in Hong Kong, so I choose it. And I heard that USA shops don't write lower value on the parcels so you have to pay taxes orange83 But I think I will be ordering e-smart parts from USA. orange73 There are some of them in UK, but many are sold out.
Thanks again for the offer! orange6
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:38 am

AT LAST order from HK came!!!! orange58 Everything looks very nice! I will post photos little bit later. Futaba 7C should come in few days. So I have almost everything for my e-smart.
Fatdaddy, what about the motor? rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:24 pm

sooo close :bigthumb:

isn't it worse then waiting for christmas
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:17 am

OF COURSE!!!! I just received e-mail that futaba 7c is in the customs. I sent them invoice and should get it next week. But I will need to pay custom taxes orange54
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: E Build   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 12:37 pm

Yo P3, You didn't go and buy a motor did you??? I've finally got it all boxed and ready to go out on Monday to you!!! Got a pinnion in there for you too.. Also a little something extra to pretty it up!!!!
Not sure how long it will take to get to you but if it don't cost too much I'll express it to you..!!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:38 pm

Thanks Fatdaddy smileysigns153 Normal shipping takes about 2 weeks and express about 1 week.
Just installed all servos on e-smart biggrin
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:38 pm

I received futaba 7C excited It is sooo nice :) But I had to pay 95lt (~38$) custom taxes orange54 Overall I am very happy with this purchase!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:57 pm

Do you have any pics of your build yet?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:43 pm

yeah where are the pics thinking thinking

biggrin
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:40 am

Coming soon... :grinn:
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:15 pm

Here they are:
Building e-smart - Page 2 Sn854487
Building e-smart - Page 2 Sn854488
Building e-smart - Page 2 Sn854489
Building e-smart - Page 2 Sn854490
Building e-smart - Page 2 Sn854491
Building e-smart - Page 2 Sn854492
Building e-smart - Page 2 Sn854493
Building e-smart - Page 2 Sn854494
Building e-smart - Page 2 Sn854495

And some photos of belt cp:
How I mounted low voltage beeper:
Building e-smart - Page 2 Sn854496

And my first 'autorotation' Well practically it wasn't autorotation. Pinion gear came loose pretty high and I had to land heli without power. So my first semi 'autorotation' and inverted flight was not because I wanted do to it :prop: Only one skid broke:
Building e-smart - Page 2 Sn854497
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:27 pm

Hey guys,
I received receiver yesterday mailboxhappy
Lets hope that till weekend es600 will fly excited
But weather these days is very bad orange3
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:38 pm

Cool pic's! Have you done anything with the canopy?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:53 pm

Oh, I got fiber glass canopy from Fatdaddy which is VERY nice. I will get some photos tomorrow orange49 I hope that tomorrow I will set up everything and on Saturday beast will fly (but all week it is raining) bouncy Few hours ago I tested all electronics. Everything works OK, except that rudder servo creeps sometimes on DS (digital) mode on gyro. Yes, it is digital servo
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:26 pm

IT FLIES!!!! orange71 orange71 orange71
My first try was on Sunday in rain. Only hovered for few minutes. Esmart was wet orange72
Second try was today. It flies really well. Just need to add some expo on tx, but even without expo it has soft controls. I LOVE THIS HELI orange49 I like that I can fly my belt cp without any nerves. It feels like a toy after esmart orange72
There are some videos and photos, but I am going to upload them later. Now I am going to sleep orange60
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building e-smart   Building e-smart - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building e-smart
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next