RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Honey Bee questions

Go down 
+3
blazemob
chiefqm
coastal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
coastal

coastal

Honey Bee questions Empty
PostSubject: Honey Bee questions   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Hi all, as I mentioned in the intro thread, I have decided to get the Honey Bee IV as my first helicopter.

Unfortunately, they seem to be out of stock so I guess I have to wait a little longer. It's a little confusing because there is the HB 3 and HB IV and they both say they are the new version. I don't have a clue of the difference.

When they ever do become available and I can finally place my order what would you suggest I get as extras and spare parts.

I have decided that I would get the following but please let me know what you think.

flight simulator
4 extra main blade sets
4 extra tail blades
extra battery
Anti crash kit

I know that I'll need more spare parts as I begin my flying mishaps but thought this would be a good start.

Any advice is greatly appreciated orange44
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee questions   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi Coastal, If you are just killing time 'till you can get your bird, you might want to get the sim and get started crashing on the computer, it saves a lot of crashes in real life. Well worth the time and $20. Good luck and welcome to the forum. welcome sign navy1
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee questions   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:58 pm

you should also get a couple spare center hubs cuz they break pretty easy
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee questions   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 12:01 am

Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Parts suggestion   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:18 am

Welcome to the addiction!

In addition to the above I would include a set of superskids. They will hold up much better than the stock landing gear.

Curt orange60
Back to top Go down
coastal

coastal

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee questions   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:03 am

Thanks for the quick replies and that great link Donnie.

Are they discontinuing the Honey Bee? It seems that all the retailers are out and even when I went to the E Sky website they were out of stock, seems kind of odd.

That would be my luck. If so, what is the replacement?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee questions   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee questions   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:14 pm

coastal wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies and that great link Donnie.

Are they discontinuing the Honey Bee? It seems that all the retailers are out and even when I went to the E Sky website they were out of stock, seems kind of odd.

That would be my luck. If so, what is the replacement?

They have a new HBFP coming out. Its a sweet looking heli and the one I'm most interested in getting my hands on.

When it comes out you'll be able to order either a kit or some basics parts (frame, canopy, skids) and transfer most of your original parts right over.

Honey Bee questions HBFPV2

Honey Bee questions HBFPV22
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee questions   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:17 pm

I'll have to get the ready to fly version. I like the idea of being able to just transfer my electronics from my old HBFP, but I'm afraid I love it too much to tear it apart. I just wouldn't have it in me.
I'll just keep it too.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jdino2

jdino2

PostSubject: Honey Bee Up-grades......   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:44 pm

Mark:

The new HBFP looks a lot like what I just up-graded.........except for the canopy color and boom stablizer I installed...
How do I post a pic of my up-grades on this site......

I'd like to show off..... orange73

Thanks,

Jdino2
Back to top Go down
coastal

coastal

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee questions   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:14 pm

jdino2 wrote:
Mark:

The new HBFP looks a lot like what I just up-graded.........except for the canopy color and boom stablizer I installed...

Thanks,

Jdino2

Host your pic on a site like photobucket. Then above the reply window, click the second button in on the bottom row, (under the I) and past the url of your hosted picture in the box that pops up.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee questions   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:42 pm

jdino2 wrote:
Mark:

Thanks,

Jdino2

In the meet and greet section, Blazemob did a nice write up of how to post pics

https://myrcguidesforum.forumotion.net/general-chat-new-members-start-here-f21/how-to-post-pictures-t194.htm
Back to top Go down
jdino2

jdino2

PostSubject: HBFP Up-Grades   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:59 pm

OK......Got photobucket........
Heres a pic of the Honey Bee.......
Honey Bee questions Up-GradeHBFP2

Hope it comes out ok.......

Thanks,

Jdino2
Back to top Go down
coastal

coastal

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee questions   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:17 pm

jdino2 wrote:
OK......Got photobucket........
Heres a pic of the Honey Bee.......
Honey Bee questions Up-GradeHBFP2

Hope it comes out ok.......

Thanks,

Jdino2

That looks Sweet!! orange74 I hope you're having a good time flying it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee questions   Honey Bee questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honey Bee questions
Page 1 of 1