RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Good day flying

Go down 
+3
Fatdaddy
blackrain0119
Donnie D
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: Good day flying   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:05 pm

Went out to my church this morning, plenty of room to fly there. Started out flying there and got a couple of flights in before the wind picked up. (funny how I never noticed how much the wind blows until I started flying helis)

Anyway started back flying at home later today after the wind calmed. Ran 3 batts thru my HBFP, 3 batts thru my Belt CP and 4 batts thru my E-Smart. No crashes and no damaged helis. Any flight of mine, no matter how unspectacular, with no damage and no crashes, is a good flight. And believe me, my flights are very unspectacular. But I had a great time. Love days like this.

Thanks for listening,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good day flying   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:59 pm

Same here donnie, I took my exi 450 and my blue ray today, ran 3 batts on each, but this time I I made a little more exciting, I got tempted switching my 3d mode and broke the ice of my first loop in my blueray, and you know what? My hands were sweating, but it came out nice , no crashes, and just flying around, getting oriented with my helis.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good day flying   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:18 am

orange71 Sounds like you had FUUUUUNN.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: SWEET GUYS!!!   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:48 am

man I'm really jealous!!!! I can't get a single freakin day with no wing to save my butt!!!! By the time the wind dies down here lately its dark!!! So DD you gettin into real forward flight? moved on from the moving hover? I'm border line there, I had one really break thru FF last week, it was the sweetest thing I've ever had!!! Up high moving along pretty good, banked turns figure 8's in there too. But there's been too much wind s8ince to really do to much and I just haven't been able to get back to there.
I'm really dieing for a good day to get some time in... % perfectillyset up helis to fly and I can't get a freaqkin day!!!! I'm goin NUTS!!!!
Back to top Go down
tntrcnutz

tntrcnutz

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: know how ya feel   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:34 am

run three batts on my king 2 and got moving around and started to turn the helli. still i havent done to many full turns but did a lot of moving around working on keeping steady. for me it's tough to stop thinking airplane and think heli, i'm so used to seeing a wing on the craft. but still i am enjoying the learning experiance. for years i never had an interest in hellis but when i wanted a new challenge and found the honey bee's i said what the heck!!! i'm really glad i did. but what really gets me is my (noose) ha ha of 14 years. she is learning disabled and has been flying for as long as we been together and is picking up really well with the bee fp. she gets abuut 5-6 second bunny hops and is improving each day,i just wish i could find a person at the club to help her but there isn't many helli guys. so in the mean time we will still have fun.....
and by the way,,,, thanks fat daddy for the advice it really helped with my motor
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: your welcome   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:55 am

Thats why I'm here my friend!!! I continue to learn myself from you guys problems too... I love the machanic's of thes little beasts!!! Thats part of my problem. I don't build my helis to be crashed!!!LOL My helis are way,way to nice for ME to be flying!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good day flying   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:42 pm

I can fly around pretty good in most any direction with the HBFP. That little bugger is a LOT faster than you would think.

I do mostly hovering with my Belt CP and some forward flight orbits around myself, kind of slow, but I'm getting there.

I'm pretty much still just hovering and some slow forward and back, and side to side sliding with the E-Smart. I've done a few orbits with that as well, but don't feel real comfortable with that yet. Also still have a shortened training gear on it.

I take really small baby steps ahead. Takes forever to progress that way, but I feel better with it.

I know I would be able to do everything probabley better with the Belt and E-Smart than I can do on the HBFP, because they are actually easier to fly. I know it's just a mental thing that causes me to hold back with them. Fear of crashing them. I guess my system works ok for me though. Learn and practice something on the HBFP. Try it on the Belt. Then later try it on the E-Smart.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: cool   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:27 pm

Well what ever works for you then you need toi keep doin that!!! No need to rush into trouble!!! Cause crashing an "E" sucks really bad!!! I MEAN BAD!!!
Back to top Go down
tntrcnutz

tntrcnutz

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: look what i learned   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 5:47 pm

hey its amazing that i figured out how to get a picture posted.....now lets see if i can learn to fly hellis ha ha and just to let you know white is his and yellow hers
Back to top Go down
willy007

willy007

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: lancaster ohio   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:39 pm

wow some of you have alota heli's and batteries orange72
i flew well played with my belt cp v2 today, kinda touchy but i didnt really break anythin orange6

so i see another member here is from lancaster ohio orange60 , small world maybe you can give me some pointers some time orange71
Back to top Go down
tntrcnutz

tntrcnutz

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: go bucks   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:28 am

sure thing we need to get together soon ;;;;Where do you live???
Back to top Go down
willy007

willy007

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: soon   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 9:04 am

i live on wilson ave by the fair grounds... i havent really gotten my 6 chnls in the air b4, but my big lama i can fly ok orange6

yes we should meet up and fly ... it would be fun i usually goto my parents house in bremen .. im not sure if a park intown is useable or not i havent checked yet

where do you fly ?
Back to top Go down
tntrcnutz

tntrcnutz

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: flying site   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:15 pm

i usually fly right here in hunter hill apts. orange60 signs126 but the fairgrounds will let you fly there on the in field or in the field right accross where u live,..I my self lived on the left as you go up the hill 2 houses from the gate and would fly 40 - 60 size airplanes all the time. but this was 15 years ago but it is still allowed wit the electrics,,, what would be a good way to contact without putting info on the web.. do you want to schedule a meet date and fly,,, I work m-f 7-3:30 any time after that is good for me,, Let me know
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good day flying   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:23 am

Have you tried a "pm" yet, they seem to work pretty good for private messages. navy1
Back to top Go down
tntrcnutz

tntrcnutz

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: pm   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:35 pm

i havn't tried a pm yet i will look into leasrning how to do that bye
im sure i can figure it out
thanx
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: Best day yet   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:20 pm

Had my best day yet flying. Flew 3 batts thru my Belt CP at home where the space is very limited, but I made some badly needed adjustments and now she flys better than ever.

Took the E out to my church where there is PLENTY of room and ran 4 batts thru it. It was a bit windy, but I was determined to push myself at least a bit, and I flew higher and farther than I have ever before. Still nothing compared to some of you guys, but it was very good for me. Wind got ahold of it a little a couple of times, not much, just made it wiggle a bit. The old pucker factor hit a 10 though. You couldn't have driven a streight pin up my butt with a sledge hammer for a few seconds there. I had myself a ball though. And best of all, no crashes. I just love this stuff.

Thanks for listening.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Last edited by Donnie D on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addicted2Helis

Addicted2Helis

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good day flying   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:13 pm

Finally got my Belt CP up today after my last crash. Rained most of the day here, but about 8pm wind stopped completely and I could take it out. That is after I figured out the head lock gyro I put on it wasn't compatible with my controller. LOL

Got to run a couple batteries through it before it started getting dark though. I'm still trying to trim it all out after this last crash and after putting some CNC upgrades on it. It flew so much smoother with the aluminum head and tail assemblies on it that it was unreal. Never though it would make that much of a difference. Held a hover pretty well,and was very smooth. Still have some woble somewhere and tail adjustments to make. Overall though, a real good day for me to have fun. The best part. . . . I didn't crash again!!!! LOL Any day that doesn't happen is a good one if you ask me.

Looking forward to tomorrow, because I'm off and will have all day to mess around to get it just right.
flyaway flyaway flyaway flyaway flyaway flyaway
Everyone be safe, have fun and we'll talk to ya later. Thanks for all the support so far.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: I actually FLEW today   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:14 pm

Well I took the Belt CP and ES 600 out to my church this afternoon after work anf flew 2 batts thru each (that's all I have right now) and I'm getting braver each day, I actually flew today. Even higher and farther than yesterday. Boy, even though my flying is nothing compared to most of you guys, It is real progress for me and it feels really great to actually fly. Even got braver with the E. Had a blast. One things for sure. I GOTTA GET MORE BATTERYS.

Thanks for listening,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: OH YEA   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:36 am

Yea DD ain't it great to fly!!!! I've been gettin up and out early now this past couple days to fly, To day I flew the Screamer and the EXI 500.. 7 batts. in the Screamer and 4 in the 500.. Man its like I didn't think I'd be doin for at least 6-8 more months!!! Doin pretty good with stall turns!!! I love them!! When it comes down from vertical and you pull it horz. and it screams past you and goes back to vert. WOW its just cool....
The 500 is just awesome!!! I'm anxoius to get at it with the "E"!!! But I've decided to take it one class size at a time.. I'm good out accross the field, fig.8's up high(the 500 likes it up high) Man I'm just killin myself havin sooooo much fun!!! I can't wait to fly with you guys at the end of the month!!!!! any chance of you makin it????
I'm gonna try to get someone to shoot more vids. I need something to record from my hat cam!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good day flying   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:50 am

I won't be able to make the one this month, but I hope you will have another one sometime next year, like an annual thing. If you do, I'll be able to schedule my time off, and I definately will come to that.

Oh yeah, it is so nice to finally actually fly a bit. From the vids I saw of you, I'm still not that far along yet, but I've made a good bit of progress. It must be great to be able to step out your back door and have all that great space right there. My yard is pretty small. Limits me to just moving hovers.

Not complaning though. I have 3 places I can fly pretty much anytime I want. One is about 4 mi, another is about 7 mi and the third is about 10 mi. It's such a pain to load everything up and drive though, but I'm thankfull I have those places. I just wish I had started this stuff a long time ago.

Having so much fun with it. smiley-happy057

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: Yea Dude!!   Good day flying I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:37 am

I'M Really sorry to hear you won't make it!!!! I REALLY was hoping you could.. I relize most guy must sch. the Vac. ahead of time and I, for the past 30 years was in that boat too.. And YES there will be a yearly( LARGE I HOPE ) FUNFLY. And I also hope tyo have a num,ber of Fly In'S... I'm not sure the diff. but there must be something right??
And yea Dude, The flying is so cool!!! I really feel like I've made a really large step since you guys were here!! I just need to keep it up and continue to advance and not get caught in a rut..!! I still need lots of work on the hoovers but will get that too..!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good day flying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good day flying   Good day flying I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good day flying
Page 1 of 1