RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Mystery Batteries

Go down 
+4
P3tras
Donnie D
Nuttcaze
Tx-fly
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tx-fly

Tx-fly

Mystery Batteries Empty
PostSubject: Mystery Batteries   Mystery Batteries I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:33 pm

I just bought 2 Mystery 2100's for my Belt CP. You see all types of responses to different batteries and if they are worth buying. For the price, are these pretty good batteries and as I am a newbie, can I use my charger that came with my Belt to charge them or do I need to get another charger? I also noticed that they did not come with dean's plugs on the wires. I bought some female dean's plugs and I guess they are fairly easy to put on the batteries. Question
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Mystery Batteries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Batteries   Mystery Batteries I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:54 pm

the stock charger will work but it will take a looonnnggg time to charge.

Soldering new connectors is pretty easy, If you've never soldered before watch the second part of this vid, it has some basic info about soldering

Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Mystery Batteries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Batteries   Mystery Batteries I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:47 pm

fly high 2cents I have four 7.4 v 900 Mah Mystery batts and one 11.1v 2100 Mah batt that i bought from Deal Extreme. I've been very pleased so far with them all and they came with the connectors allready on. I have an 11.1v 2400Mah batt on order from them now that I should receive this week. Far as I'm concerned they are pretty hard to beat as long as you're not in a hurry. Takes about two to three weeks to get your order. smiley-happy088

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Tx-fly

Tx-fly

Mystery Batteries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Batteries   Mystery Batteries I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:33 pm

Thanks for the info. I have a soldering iron and have soldered before but it helped to see how you did it. Guess I better start looking for me an Imax B 5 charger. Don't have an extra laying around anywhere happyno Have to say up my nickels and get me one of those now.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Mystery Batteries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Batteries   Mystery Batteries I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:53 pm

Tx-fly wrote:
I just bought 2 Mystery 2100's for my Belt CP. You see all types of responses to different batteries and if they are worth buying. For the price, are these pretty good batteries and as I am a newbie, can I use my charger that came with my Belt to charge them or do I need to get another charger? I also noticed that they did not come with dean's plugs on the wires. I bought some female dean's plugs and I guess they are fairly easy to put on the batteries. Question

Hi, mystery batteries are very light but strong. 2100 is too light for belt cp. I recommend 2400mah or 2650mah mystery batteries.
Back to top Go down
thebeltking

Mystery Batteries Empty
PostSubject: mystery battery   Mystery Batteries I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:05 pm

hello to all this is my first post. with the mystery battery you cant go wrong for the money you pay.
i have two 2200(they came with plugs) and one 2800. the 2200 i got in january from ebay, and i have charged each one more than 30 times, i get about 10-13 minutes on my king and my belt.

i also took the 2200 to my LHS for them to test, they got some gadget that stores the in flight info of the battery and then spits out a graph on the PC, and he said it looked pretty good compared to batteries three times the price on his shelf.

the 2800 i have only just got so i cant really coment i have only flown once with it, and it was a test flight on my belt, so i was up and down checking the setup.

im a big fan of stuff from china, its cheap and you dont cry when it breaks, because you didnt sell your soul
to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Mystery Batteries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Batteries   Mystery Batteries I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:34 pm

I agree. I have four 7.4v and two 11.1v and another on order that should be here this week. So far i have nothing but praise for them. smiley-happy088 :smiley-happy03

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

Mystery Batteries Empty
PostSubject: re: Mystery LIPO battery ....   Mystery Batteries I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:32 am

The Mystery brand in no mystery. Pretty good LIPO Batteries with high 'C' ratings and relatively decent prices. Get some, they are a good deal and value.

-Happy Flying !!!

smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

Mystery Batteries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Batteries   Mystery Batteries I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:28 pm

I bought a Mystery Lipo 7.4v 900maH 2cell and was very satisfied with it.
However, Now it only holds 1 min of flght/hover time. This after 40+ charges.
One thing I noticed is that it use to take 45 - 60 min to fully charge, now the balancer states that its fully charged after only 25 min.

Do anyone think the problem is with the balancer or battery?
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

Mystery Batteries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Batteries   Mystery Batteries I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:49 pm

Do you have another Batt that you can test the charger with? and what type of charger is it?
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

Mystery Batteries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Batteries   Mystery Batteries I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:16 pm

The charger came from Exceed RC 50 RTF from Xheli. It can charge both 2 and 3 cell lipos.
I've been charging a 3Cell Lipo (also came with RC 50) with this charger with no problem - though its 3Cell not 2. Dont know if that makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mystery Batteries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Batteries   Mystery Batteries I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mystery Batteries
Page 1 of 1