RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing

Go down 
+2
Donnie D
Ty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ty

Ty

Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing Empty
PostSubject: Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Guys...I busted my heli during a hover. Just feathering shaft, main blades and stripped the main gear (some teeth are missing).

I bought the main gear set and removed the main shaft. I did not get a One Way bearing with the new set and I am trying to remove the one way bearing to insert into the main gear, but It is really hard to remove. Is there a way to remove the One way bearing? Or should I just buy one and insert it into the main gear?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:34 pm

You would be better off to buy the gear or gear set with the bearing already in. Go to Heli Direct. They have plenty of options. Look under parts for Belt CP and also upgrades for Belt CP.

I recommend looking under parts for Blade 400 and getting that main gear with the bearing allready in. It is a better gear and is a direct fit for the Belt CP.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:49 am

orange74 Hi Donnie....thanks for the help. I'll go with the Main Gear set with one way bearing as you suggested for the Blade 400. It's probably stronger.

I tried really hard to remove the bearing without damaging it....but it is stuck in there orange44

Cheers.

Ty
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:25 am

Yeah, I tried to remove the bearing too. It wasn't pretty.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Hokay....I bought the blade main gear with one way bearing......wow. Perfect fit.

Ok....I must make an observation here ........
According to you guys, the blade 400 main gear is stronger. I believe that from experience also. I do have a Blade 400 3D too.
Looking at both main gears....E-Sky and E-Flite, I'd have to say the E-Sky main gear is
more efficient. It's design and structure pulls air from the top down whilst the E-Flite does not. This is from an engineering perspective. Because of this, I believe it provides efficient cooling to the motor and the ESC (I moved mine below the main gear on the frame)
As we all know, with heli's and planes....air flow is important.

Just my observation. Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers.
Ty
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:09 am

when i had my king 2, i bought the 4$ for 2 main gear in helidirect that came without owb, since i had many busted up main gear, i had tons of owb, so to remove it, get 2 sockets, one larger size for the bottom part of gear taht larger then the owb, then another socket slightly smaller then the owb, and just hamer it out.

to install, you have 2 ways
1 is use same sockets and reverse it or use a "C" clamp and slowly squeeze it back on.

i had a old video i did, let me find it and up it to utube for you

-pete

Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:42 pm

orange71 orange74 Very nice Pete. Thanks very much for the informative vid.

cheers.

Ty
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:26 pm

anytime orange74
-pete
Back to top Go down
lowbudget

PostSubject: belt cp v2   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:12 pm

ushobbysupply and ebay has a tool to change the bearing flyaway = VIC
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:51 pm

Nice tool and you even get a One way bearing all for $12.

orange74 Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:14 am

I just replaced the main gear on my Belt CP v2, and order the gears only, figuring I could tap the old OWB from the broken one. Not nearly as easy as I had originally thought it should be...

Before I could damage the bearing by beating the snot out of it, I ended up cutting away the remaining plastic from the broken gear with my dremel, then cut a thin slit in the metal sleave that holds the bearing, being careful to take it slow and NOT score the bearing itself. Once the outer sleave is cut, even only on one side, the bearing will nearly fall right out.

To place it in the new gear, I used the c-clamp method and it worked like a charm. The only place I nearly hosed myself was not knowing WHICH way the bearing should turn when pressing it in place. After about 15 minutes of going through the logic of what direction each shaft should move, I finally pressed the bearing in, and thank goodness it was right! In the furture I will WRITE IT DOWN before I remove the bearing...
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:21 pm

Well, RC711 announce they have the one way bearing:

http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22_117&products_id=63

IsnĀ“t it this one for the Belt CP V2? or the one in the small pic?

Thx
Back to top Go down
lowbudget

PostSubject: belt cpv2   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:32 pm

the little picture is correct flyaway VIC
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:40 pm

Also....my local hobby shop did it with a drill press......easy as 1....2
Press out....press in.

I just busted my gears again yesterday...real good :hahaha: now I know how to replace the one way bearing.

cheers guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing   Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Esky Belt CP V2 - Help with One Way Bearing
Page 1 of 1