RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2

Go down 
+6
Nuttcaze
P3tras
jackyl71
Donnie D
SecurityGuy
Theo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Theo

Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 Empty
PostSubject: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:26 am

Hello, I have a Twister Bell with to rotors (4 channels) and I want to buy a single rotor helicopter. I wonder if the Esky Belt-CP V2 is too advanced. How long are the flytime? Should I buy a single rotor with 4 channel first? I hope for a quick answer!
Back to top Go down
SecurityGuy

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:54 am

The guys at Kyosho said that the Belt-CP v2 was a great first 6CH helicopter, and the flytime is about 10-15 min. Depends on what you are doing :)
I could not get it of the ground before i "crashed" it and bent the flybar.
Back to top Go down
Theo

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:22 am

Thank you for quick answer!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:29 am

Theo,
If this is your first single rotor heli, I recommend an Esky HBFP V1 or V2. The V1 is in stock at Hobby 4 Less for about 88 bucks, but their shipping is a little high. They are in California. The V2 I think is available at Miracle Mart, but I don't know much about them.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Someone else chime in and help him out.
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:22 pm

I thought the same as SecurityGuy... And with the same results headbeat
The Belt CP v2 is definately not for the noob. noob
The damage was in the neighborhood of about $50 for blades, fly bar, tail boom, blade grips, etc.
I think I will box my CP v2 up for a while, and get a HBFP...

BTW... after a few weeks on the simulator and all the new parts, still managed to blow my horizontal stabilizer with the blades on the next session. Lucky it didn't damage blades (How did I get THAT lucky?) and superglue fixed the stabilizer. smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Theo

PostSubject: Thank you for quick answer!   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:33 pm

Do you have any experience with an other copter?
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:26 pm

Not anything more than some toy stuff. Pretty arrogant of me, huh? orange71
"I can fly a CP heli... It will just take some practice..." Well, it was a lot less forgiving than I thought it would originally be.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:18 pm

I say go for honey bee fp v2. You can buy it from www.rc711.com or www.miracle-mart.com You can also buy it from www.heliguy.com but it is pretty expensive there Wink
Back to top Go down
Theo

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:37 pm

Thank you for the advice! What is the flytime to the hone bee fp v2?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:43 pm

Well I don't know. I think a little bit less than 10min. But don't forget that you can order some spare batteries and have much longer flying time :grinn:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:19 pm

The HBFP V2 can fly for 10 mins before draining the battery too low and damaging it. Use a timer when you fly, I use the timer on my cell phone and set it for 8mins.
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:28 pm

Hey Theo,

I'm a noob and I have experience with both the Honey Bee FP V1 and the Belt CP V2. The FP was my first Helicopter. I've crashed it about a million times, but I am now able to hover without a problem and do some basic forward flight without crashing every time. I just recently got the CP V2, mostly because I wanted a new toy, not because I'm really ready for one :prop:

Now that I have both here is what I think:

1) The Belt CP V2 is MUCH MUCH easier to fly. It just feels more stable and is easier to hover.

2) The Honey Bee FP is MUCH MUCH easier to setup, build, and repair. Since I'm new to CP helis it took me a few days just to get the CP ready to fly. Looking at all the parts in the head, I'm scared to crash it, because I'm sure a lot will break, need fixing, and take time to repair

3) The HBFP is very hardy. I crash it a lot. Most of the time nothing breaks. Also, the parts are very cheap and very easy to repair

4) The HBFP is smaller. I actually practiced a lot with this one inside in my living room. I wouldn't dare try to fly the CP inside my house for fear of destroying the house and my heli.

Given all that, I'd recommend starting with the Honey Bee FP V2. Once you get the hang of the basics, consider upgrading to the CP. Even though I have the CP now, I find that I still spend a lot of time flying the HBFP. Mostly because it's my beater heli and I don't mind trying new things with it and crashing. I really do like the CP though, I and feel it's a great second heli.

Hope that helps!

-Keith
Back to top Go down
Theo

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:37 am

Hello, thank you very much for the answer!
How long have you had the hbfp? Did it take you lang time too learn to fly it?
Did you have an other heli before that or was this your first?
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:52 am

Theo wrote:
Hello, thank you very much for the answer!
How long have you had the hbfp? Did it take you lang time too learn to fly it?
Did you have an other heli before that or was this your first?

I had the HBFP for about 2-3 months. It definitely took me a while to get the hang of hovering. I learned using this method:

http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

Make sure you get a spare battery or two. That will help speed things along. Typically it takes an hour or two to charge a battery pack and you get 10 mins of flight. So you spend most of your time waiting for batteries to charge instead of practicing if you don't have more than 1 battery.

-Keith
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Hey Theo,

Kshep is absolutely right. I have three helis (HBFP, HBFP V2, and Belt CP V2). The fp and fpv2 are very easy to repair and diagnose most problems. The most commonly broken parts (in my case, ring like pushrods) only cost between 1 and 2 dollars. And these parts are broken from crashing repeatedly. Most crashes you can just straighten out the flybar paddles and keep going.

I got the fp first and then i got the fpv2 and beltcpv2 at the same time about a month later for no other reason than I just wanted them.

The fpv2 in my opinion is easier to fly, if youve never flown, because it takes more stick input to get something to move so it is a little more forgiving; the fp on the other hand is very sensative to stick input so it takes constant small inputs. Both are great beginner helis.

My first time trying to fly the belt cp, I got up about 6 inches off the ground and crashed resulting in broken main blades and a bent feathering shaft. Had that been the fp damage would have been minimal to none.

Hope this helps and dont get bogged down because there are a lot of choices. It can get overwhelming but the best thing is to just pick one and practice, practice, practice. :prop:

What works for some may not work for all but one thing is common; dam near everyone will agree that the hbfp is a great first helicopter.

J. orange60
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:33 pm

wanna see what happened the second time I tried to fly my old Belt CP, quick way to spend $60

Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:03 pm

kshep wrote:
I just recently got the CP V2, mostly because I wanted a new toy, not because I'm really ready for one :prop:

:giggle: I know that feeling :giggle:
Back to top Go down
Theo

PostSubject: Raptor 50   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:13 am

Hello, what du you think of Raptor 50 as a beginnerheli? I have red that a big heli is much more stabile!
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:29 am

they are stable heli, but the question here is do you know how to fly 6 channel helicopter? I wouldnt recommend the raptor 50 as a beginner heli. they are very expensive when you crash. Know your heli orientation very well then move up to a collective pitch helis, then go for the big ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2   Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Want to buy a Esky Belt-CP V2
Page 1 of 1