RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video

Go down 
+9
WhiteKnite6
P3tras
blazemob
flagmax
Fatdaddy
Donnie D
Nuttcaze
GW
suriano
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:18 am

sweet gyro, I plan on getting one myself, I really like my 502 and 401, but I am also really interested in the Spartan, but I've also heard very good things about the Logitech 6100. But thats all money money money Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:31 pm

Here are some pic's of the tail using the Kyosho caliber 30 L-shaped pitched control rod.
I had to make a new mount for it to atatch too. Works great.........

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 Helipictures068-1

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 Helipictures069-1

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 Helipictures066-1
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:32 pm

orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 orange75 .....................................................

Sometimes, well most of the time my esmart is a censored censored censored censored censored that never lys right.

Since I cant get the parts I need or the parts I get are censored censored .

angry032 angry032 angry032 angry032 angry032
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:55 pm

i gave up on my esmart for now i dont wanna fly it till i know parts are avalibal pluse i need a new RX and gyro for it. i got my HDX500 that im concentrating on now.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:07 pm

Well Blaze I just boxed mine up too. So many problems with it and no parts. I think
I need a new one. I only have a 450 to fly I wish I had a 500 or better as my spare.

Funny thing I just realized......Everyone talks about a great price the esmart 600 is.
Well we are right its cheap for a 30 size heli. Only untill you want to sell it to get a better
one that you realize, along with the cheap price to buy makes it worthless to sell.

What would a used trex go for vs a used esmart.......and there is the"you get what you paid for"
classic. Thats what happened to me. I fell like Esky has screwed me from the moment I
opened the box. Just my opinion but I think I will stay away from esky in the future.

I need a rock solid heli and esky is not that for sure. So while it wasnt fun while it lasted I
am saving up for a new brand with a new bird.......

....................................I give you the Raptor E550............................................
My next build

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 Raptor

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 Raptor_E550b
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:25 am

thats a sweet looking bird man im thinkin bout a swift 620E for my next one or a big nitro once parts come out for the esmart i will prollly try it again till then its jus a oversized paper weight lol
Back to top Go down
Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn

PostSubject: The Big One   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:11 pm

I just got THE BIG ONE ,What are the main thing I need for spares and where to get them.
The one thing off the top of my head is to buy a second one. EK5H-E002K I CAN COPY IT FOR PARTS.
Befor I F-It Up:angry032:

HELP
NFG.

atomic
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: TT 550   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:43 pm

Yo man it is a pretty sweet heli.. One thing I just CAN'T let pass without my makin a comment on is that ESKY style head!!!LOL !!!! I don't know had them big ring things first TT or ESKY but it looks like my HBK2!!!!LOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Clarifaction   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:30 am

For anyone needing understanding what I'm talkin about!! I'm breakin Sur's balls here.... The thunder Tiger head uses a simliler "ring link" to one the smaller ESKY head does.... The Thunder Tiger is by FAR!!!!! A much better head, in fact there is no compareison!!!!!
I hope there has been NO misunderstanding!!! I was joking here!!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:38 am

Your killing me man.............

I think I have the esmart head fixed and running good. Something else is wrong.
I would like to get a good tail setup and wondering about motor bearings....

I am going to try the hirobo shuttle 30 mainshaft. I have been getting mainshafts that
are not true 8mm and are really loose in the bearings.

I think over the winter I am going to try and repair the esmart the best I can with out
esky parts.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Tail   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:42 am

Sorry Dude I just couldn't help myself!!LOL!!! Hey, I've got a repaired pitch slider arm if that is what you need.. If not what is it ??
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 2:21 pm

My pitch slider works great....

I am experiencing a really fast vibration now that only happens when the skids
leave the ground.

I suspect the motor, maybe bearings. I am going to look into that.
And/or something with my tail. I made the output shaft from a trex 450
mainshaft. Also when I got the tail rotor holder it was too big. When I
resized it I went a little to far and have some play on one of the grips.

Also though I was running my last esky main shaft and it was really
loose in the main bearings. I have ordered 5~6 mains only 1~2 were
ever any good.

Anyway I need a good mainshaft.
Not sure on the tail because I just cant believe it would act this bad.
The vibration is so fast and bad that when the skids leave the ground
the canopy looks like it is going to get tossed. It is a totally different
vibration than I ever got.

Being that it is so fast it seems as though it should be coming from
something spinning fast. I wonder if there is something wrong with the motor.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: WOW!!!!   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:13 pm

Dude!! If it weren't for bad luck you would have none!!!! Man you can't get a break.. I don't even have any suggestions as mine is as smooth as a baby's censored!! I flew it today in the wind, I just could not go another day!!!! I really wish I could help somehow..
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Well the bad luck comes and goes. The esmart is the only heli I have had that
gives me this kinda trouble.

FD, Have you been able to make any mainshafts? Tailshafts? You could help
me out with these items. I thought you said earlier that you could make them.
I could be wrong.

Also have you torn into the esky motor yet? I have heard of replacing the bearings
smoothing out the ride...
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: YEA   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:17 pm

Yea I could make the shafts but I have not had to yet.. I think you can still get mains from Lakeside heli.. The "G" will work however it is a little diff. Don't know if he has any tail shafts left..
And no I have not had a motor apart yet.. Sorry...
To make the shafts I need to stop by the metal place and get some rod...
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:34 pm

Well I will have all winter to mess with it.

I know I can get mainshafts for it, its just the ones from esky or so crappy.
They come in bent, untrue, and the diameter is uneven from top to bottom.

I think the motor bearings will be replaced and I will buy Hirobo shuttle 30
mainshaft and go from there....

My 450 is down too. Sucks to be me right now with the helis.
I need a motor for it. I need something cheap and fast so I can
get more practice in before it gets to crappy weather wise.

Good to hear you have enough fun fly'n for the both of us........
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: WELL   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 9:29 pm

Well I don't know if I would say that!!! I'm at a standstill right now.. A plateau so to speak. I've found, so far thats what happens. I get in a rutt, have trouble moving on,up to the next level Then all of a sudden BAM, I'll make a fairly big jump,But I'm not sure thats gonna happen this time...
I'm at where I will need to be inverted to make that jump weather its inverted flight or just long enough to loop or roll.. Haven't tryed the loop again since I dumped the Screamer, and there are no parts at all for that... Sound like something else we know???!!! Meaning I'll need to do it with something I don't really want to crash!!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Well after removing the motor and cheking it out, there is def. a problem.
I can move the outer housing quite a bit. The bearings are bad....

I wonder if this has been a problem from the start. I bet this thing shakes
like crazy....

Anyway I will post a picture or video bearing replacement guide......
Back to top Go down
Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn

PostSubject: MOTOR   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:14 pm

I just went to star my E-smart for the first time.
I progamed the 150A ESC and started the motor but it was stuck so I got it turning by hand.
Then I starded it up and the sound it made was bad then a blob of lead crapped out of the bottem
orange1

Then it ran quite orange74
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Maybe it was just constipated. Bet it feels much better now. :prop:

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Stuff   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Hey D, I got you all ready!! Give me a call later, Gotta run out
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:48 pm

Sounds like music to my ears, Bossman. I'm ready to spend some money. I'll call you later today or tonight. excited

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: tail fin   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:17 pm

Suriano;

Where did you get the T-rex 600 3D CF solid vertical tail fin?

As I posted earlier, I ordered a CF set I thought would fit, but it doesn't. I'd have to drill AND trim, and I think I'd rather order a new one.

Thanks,

Mick
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:41 pm

Hey Mick,

I had to drill a hole and trim it also. You may not want it...........

If you do.....Look here.......
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Okay ...   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:00 am

Thanks for the prompt response.

I'm slowly tinkering with my E-Smart. I took two helis down to the local flying field here in Austin, and met some pretty serious fliers out there. I didn't fly, I don't have any RTF models. I went down to meet the guys and maybe pick up some tips as I built.

One guy had a T-Rex 600 that he'd had for years without wrecking it!

The canopy had faded to an off white. Not too often you see that in this hobby.

He's been flying since '82, though.

Another guy, a 56 y.o. newb, had a Rave 450. He "raved" on and on about how smooth it was, and it was true. I could see that just from watching.

There's a local pro around here named Curtis Youngblood. The Rave line is his signature series, done to his specs. I won't assume you've heard of him, but most people have.

The Rave will soon have a 90 class ENV, which is ELECTRIC/NITRO VERSION. It'll have a conversion kit for electric.

Just another head turner for your daydreams, my friend!

Take Care;

Mick flyaway
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:11 am

WOW!! Of coarse I have heard of Curtis Youngblood. Man how cool that he is a local
over at your field.

Are you going to show us any pics yet?

I just tore my esky motor apart. It had a bad bearing and I am going to install
2 new ceramic/steel bearings and see what happens. I was going to make a guide
to doing it but it turned out to be really hard to do and it wont be easy for some
to do. Lots of do's there....Haha...
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:50 am

that would be bad a@@ to have Curtis as a local pilot

suriano - you should still try and take a few pics of what the motor looked like torn apart, I'm kinda interested in what exactly you are doing, but you don't need to explain it I just wanna see some pics

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 T_needpics
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: YEA!!!   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:57 am

Well I would like the explaination TOO !!!!! I'll be doing the same thing soon... Just to look see I figured I'd take it apart when I got some spare time..
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 2:23 pm

Here ya go.... I bet many of you didnt know that the 2 brass shims under
the pinion gear and the pinion gear itself holds the whole motor together.

Removing the pinion and shims you can just pull the outer half of the motor
off. Mine had a lot of dirt and debri in it.

The set screw you will see in the pics holds the main 5mm shaft in place.
There are 2 bearings of wich are hard to get out. I used a mini torch around
the bearing and a pin punch to knock them out.

I think this is the main reason why I have vib's right now. I should be able
to get this thing fly'n with good motor bearings and a new main shaft for
the heli.

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 Helipictures070

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 Helipictures071-1

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 Helipictures077-1

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 Helipictures072-1

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 Helipictures073

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 Helipictures074-1

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 Helipictures075-1

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 Helipictures076-1
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Woah, Nellie ...   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:29 pm

As much as I hate to burst my own bubble, let me dispel this rumor real quick.

Curtis Youngblood wasn't at our local field last Saturday. I don't even know if he's ever been there.

I did look back at my post, and it does seem to imply that by saying he is a "local pro," but what I meant was, he lives in College Station, the little town which is the seat of Texas A&M University, about 2 hours from Austin.

I was just saying that there was a guy there with a CY designed RAVE 450, that's all.

However, that's not to say I haven't considered dropping by to SEE Curtis next time in College Station. I make a lot of trips over there, and HE DOES TEACH! Don't know the particulars, but that would be great, wouldn't it? I'll be there this Tuesday, in fact.

I'll check to see if he has a shop, or does his classes on Campus, maybe.

You guys were so enthusiastic about the idea that I hate to set the record straight, but I may run for President some day, and I'd hate to have this SKeleton in my closet!
headbeat

My Smartie is looking good. I ordered the carbon fiber tail fin set you recommended, Suriano, thanks for that. Great Price, and no drilling or trimming.

As a newb, I can't believe how many stupid obstacles come up. You veterans may laugh, but for posterity's sake, for those who may read this post later, here are a few things I ran into.

Nuttzy, as promised, I had to trim the tail servo rod down. The operative tool was a dremmel with disk cutter on it. Bought that for about $8. It's cheap and cheesy, but it works and saves my censored quite often.

I had the motor too snug to the main gear. Once I put the tail boom in, the gear barely turned, even with the tail boom pulled to the far end of the mounting slots. To get back to the motor mounting screws means disassembling the main frame, so get this right the first time.

I couldn't figure out what to put in the channel marked GEAR on the AR6200, nor why there isn't a channel for the pitch servo. Got it solved, I THINK! Gear is for planes, of course, but on a heli, it is the signal wire for the GYRO. And there is no PITCH channel, because there is an ELEVATOR servo, and the other TWO servos are actually doing dual duty, and could be called AILERON/PITCH servos. I kept going back over Nuttzy's build vids and I couldn't figure out why he never said which was which! ANYWAY, the answer to the puzzle is, plug one into the AILERON channel, and the other into the AUX channel at the opposite end from the Battery/Bind channel on the AR6200. Good Grief!

And what a morass with the GYRO! The 6100T needs to be set up in RATE mode mechanically, before setting the ranges in LOCK mode. That gives you the correct center. BUT!!! You have to have the GYRO set as close to zero gain as possible when doing that. Trouble is, both the Tx AND the Gyro LCD will show you two different gain settings in JR mode. You COULD use the LOGICTECH mode, but then you sacrifice end point precision and risk binding or having too short a throw for your pitch slider.

Best thing to do is set it to JR, and trust the GAIN setting on the GYRO. Also, I couldn't get it to go into RATE mode at all, because even at Zero gain it was still in LOCK mode! The answer here is to go to GYRO mode on the Tx and back it off in the HOLD mode (same as LOCK mode, or HEADING HOLD mode, for my fellow newbs!), WHILE watching the LCD on the GYRO itself, until it switches over to NORMAL mode, which is the same as RATE mode. Whew!

I could go on, but I'll spare my veteran friends and my poor weary typing fingers any further stress.

Suffice it to say, it is an education, and an exercise in patience and tenacity when getting into this hobby. And I thought it would be easy!

Mick
PS Suriano, pics may come, but I need to borrow a digital camera and stuff.
PPS Boy, do I love my little heli! If it fights with me on any larger scale, I'm going to have to propose!

flyaway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next