RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video

Go down 
+9
WhiteKnite6
P3tras
blazemob
flagmax
Fatdaddy
Donnie D
Nuttcaze
GW
suriano
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: pitch for NUTTSEY   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:30 pm

Here you go Nutts, Sur just gave the perfect dec. for the cyclic pitch we talked about before!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:33 pm

hmm, still not sure I completely follow but it def make more sense, Thats going to be one of those things I have to get someone to show me in person, I'm a "hands on" kinda guy.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:34 pm

Me Too!! I think the servos are not set at mid collective with the TX on stunt.
Just my 2 cents...
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: !!!   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:37 pm

Thats what I've been trying to say!! I agree with you here!!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:21 pm

all that stuff makes my head hurt, lol

I just like to fly :prop:
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:28 pm

Ok guy's, here it is...at midstick in idle with the servos and bellcranks straight as an arrow i get +4. at low stick -6 and at high stick +14. That is after shortening the cyclic servos links to 65mm. I don't know what the pitch link is, I just leveled the swash. I'm thinking I have to shorten the long links from the mixing arms to even out the pitch to get an even # on both + and -. I have no clue why mine is different from everyone else's. Does anyone have any other thoughts?
Frank
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:30 pm

can you watch youtube videos? if so I'll make a quick vid of some things to check and show you what mine looks like
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Great idea, please do it
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ADJ.!!   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:07 pm

OK this is what you need to do!! Start by lowering the swash plate till you get 0' at mid stick..Where you now have +4 at mid stick you need to have 0!!! Then you are gonna be pretty close all around!! But do that first and report back with what you got at full and zero stick!! Stay in Idle up!!
OH lower the swash by shorting the links from the bell cranks!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: lower   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:08 pm

AND keep the swash level!!! Trust me this is gonna fix you up....
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
OK this is what you need to do!! Start by lowering the swash plate till you get 0' at mid stick..Where you now have +4 at mid stick you need to have 0!!! Then you are gonna be pretty close all around!! But do that first and report back with what you got at full and zero stick!! Stay in Idle up!!
OH lower the swash by shorting the links from the bell cranks!!!!

FD has it. That sounds like the prob. to me.......
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:14 pm

maybe this will help

Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: NO MORE VIBRATIONS ON THE ES600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:39 pm

I FIXED THE VIBRATION IN MY ES600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had a fairly bad vibration in the skids and also in the tail since I built this heli. It is the all metal 002K model.

I then took everything apart again and meticulously measured and balanced everything. I then got some K&B paddles and tail blades. All made zero difference.

I then took my second kit and built up the head. Installed that and it was a little worse!

I was thinking today and just looking at the heli, and Humm, what's this? I noticed that there was just a slight amount of one of the dampers sticking out a tiny bit more than the other side. I then removed the blades and turned the feathering shaft. Dam that's tight. So I removed it. It was really hard to remove as there was ZERO GREASE ON THE DAMPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was certainly tight enough that it could not have self centered when flying!
So I greased up the dampers and the feathering shaft just slid right in. Everything tightened down and it turned with almost no effort on the wrench.

Buttoned her up and hovered it.

ZERO VIBRATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had started to think that i had bad heads like Suronio had, as there is a slight amount of runout on both heads, but it turns out it's not enough to affect anything.

Wow!

So, even if this doesn't fix your vibrations, your dampers will thank you for it. These should be greased up. I use a light coat of petroleum jelly on mine. Some use other types of grease, but I've had good luck with this on all my helis.

Best,
Kent
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:54 pm

Hey thats sweet Akent! I use petrolium jelly also. Only it didnt solve my problems
like yours. It is good advice to give about the dampers.......
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:00 pm

Marc, Great job with the video.... orange74
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:06 pm

akent wrote:
I FIXED THE VIBRATION IN MY ES600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had started to think that i had bad heads like Suronio had, as there is a slight amount of runout on both heads, but it turns out it's not enough to affect anything.

Best,
Kent

Akent, could you tell me the runnout you were having? Mine was somewhere in the .030" .

Show us some pics and vids. I bet the guys would like to see your Esmart...
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:15 pm

I don't have a dial indicator, but I think it's less than 0.030". But it might be close to that. I found that by turning the head and tightening up the two side screws in different ways that it can reduce that.
At least on both my heads the center hole appears to be straight, just a little too big. But the clamping areas clamp hard once it's done.

Here's the 3rd battery when I was still setting the tracking and then talking a bit about the vibration:

This is BEFORE it was fixed. I will try to do a new video soon.

Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:18 pm

Yeah, that heli looked like it had to many Redbull's also......
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:22 pm

Guys;
Nutt, thanks for the video. I noticed that your cyclic links are much longer than mine. I had to shorten them to 65mm to get the swash down but something is still very wrong somewhere. I was gonna shorten the long links from the mixing arms but decided against it for the moment. I'm gonna take the links back to 80mm and start from scratch again. Suriano suggested I bring down the swash but I can't get it any lower, the links are as short as I can make them. I probably won't be able to get to it again till tomorrow, having people over.
I must say in all honesty that the guys here are just the best, much appreciated and this will be worked out. Talk tomorrow
Frank
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:29 pm

In case anyone is interested, here is my build list:

1. Stock motor and stock 12t pinion
2. Hobbywing Pentium 100a ESC
3. Turnigy 5a UBEC
4. 2S 1500ma Lipo for the BEC
5. JR DS821 cyclic servos
6. Align GP750 gyro
7. Align DS620 tail servo
8. AR6200 receiver

Mods and extras:
1. 2nd base plate replaces the front tray
2. Trex 600 skids
3. K&B tail blades
4. K&B .30-.50 size paddles (The inside holes on these are RADICAL!!! If you do 3d, look into these!!)
5. E-Smart fiberglass canopy
6. Cheap 550mm CF blades from Helidirect that say '3D' on them. These are reasonable quality. I refuse to fly with wood.

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 DSC02493

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 DSC02499

Last edited by akent on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Well, I got in a little over my head with some mild 3d tonight. It wasn't setup perfectly, yet.
I think it might be pretty much totalled. I haven't looked in detail yet.

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 E-Smush
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:26 pm

HOLY SH!T!!!!!! Man I am sorry....Just when it started fly'n good too......

By any chance did you get it on video?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:46 pm

Aw man, I'm sorry to see that. orange4 Hope it's not too bad.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:44 pm

It's not nearly as bad as I expected!

The problem is that the aluminum frame is mangled. I thought that might happen, so I ordered some carbon upper frame parts earlier. I'll rebuild with these. $20 something for those! Amazing.
I need to find some lower carbon frame parts.

Yes, I could try to straighten these frame parts, but they would not likely be very straight.

The rest of the crash parts are fairly normal for a heavy crash. All servo gears, all shafts (other than the front belt shaft, I think), main gear, tail gear, tail main housing, everything boom related, all blades, and more, surely.

But quite a few of these parts are not available right now. I do have another kit, though.

My last ever crash probably happened tonight. The next one will put my ES600 in the garbage can for lack of parts.
I am off to try to find parts to cover this crash. I know of at least one part that is just plain not available any more that I actually have coming from before this. That being the L shaped tail control rod. I bought the last two on the face of the planet, apparently. I have destroyed two already, so they will be welcomed when they show up.

I understand kits and parts might start to show up in November.

Hey, the Trex 600 skid parts are OK. Imagine that. But this thing went in nose/head first. Ugh.
Kent
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: WOW   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:59 pm

WOW Bud, I know exactly what your feeling and thinkin.. I've done my "E" twice! Both times were pretty hard.. You will like the CF frames.. The entire main frame survived both crashed with no damage!!! Sorry for your "E" Good Luck with the Rebuild!!
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:11 am

AKENT;
Sorry to see what happened, that sucks especially after you got the vibes sorted out.
I think you can the part you're looking for at ka-planes.com. Good people to deal with.
Frank
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:16 am

I think Akent is the only member to join and then crash his heli in the first 24 hrs.
..................And admit to it anyway..............

Sorry bro, I joke to lighten up a bad situation.........

I hope parts are back before I have a mishap.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:45 am

akent wrote:

I actually enjoy all of it, especially the rebuild part.

But I am NOT used to having no parts available.

All of my other helis are at least clones, with parts available at every corner.

Esky needs to smell the roses, or sell me all of the equipment that it takes to build these things.
Kent

................AMEN to that!.............. Its all good, you learn a valuble lesson every time
you have a mishap. The parts issue has been a thorn in our sides for sure. Some times
I feel like I am fly'n a dissposable lighter and hoping it doesnt run out of fluid...
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:27 pm

Well I am still waiting for parts....Some should be here today. This morning is so
calm and would be perfect for fly'n the esmart. Its all torn down just sitting there
waiting for parts.

Every esky flybar I have ordered has come in not being true at the ends were the paddle
mounts. So after finding out the trex600e uses the same diameter flybar, I ordered some.

Align flybars have been perfect for my EXI450. It will be 40mm longer than stock esmart
one( I think I dont remember now). Also will be putting on the paddles from the trex 600e.

I am waiting for the G5 wide chord blades also, but if I get the other parts today I will fly it.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Let me know how the flybar works, I need to get a few myself
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next