RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video

Go down 
+9
WhiteKnite6
P3tras
blazemob
flagmax
Fatdaddy
Donnie D
Nuttcaze
GW
suriano
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
suriano

suriano

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:40 pm

This mornings flight sucked pretty bad. Still riddled with a vibration that makes the heli
really sh!tty to fly. The canopy and the skids shake. It really affects how the heli acts
when fly'n it.

The old stock trex skids I dont like at all when compared to the new skids. The new ones
are stiffer, narrower and sat the heli up a little higher from the ground. These older wider
ones are softer, vibrate a lot more and make my vertical stabalizer touch the ground.

I sound like a broken record sometimes. I wish I would have bought a heli that would
fly smooth every time I go to the feild. It changes every time I work on it or replace
something. It seems like there is such variances between parts that something is always
mis-matched. One mainshaft is tight one is not. One bearing has no play one does. Out of
5 central hubs I have had only one was good. Out of 4 mainshafts only one was perfect at
both ends. Out of 4 flybars from esky all were bent at the ends.

Right now with new main bearings I can move the mainshaft around like they are old and
worn out. The upper and lower bearing is new, the mainshaft is new, the mainshaft sleeve
that goes into the one-way bearing is new, yet it is real sloppy like everything is worn out.

I wonder what to do next.............
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:45 pm

man that sucks, I don't know if I lucked out in getting a good one or you lucked out in getting a bad one but I've never had the amount of probs you've had, sorry to hear of it itsok_170

:giggle: :grinn:
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:55 pm

I will figure it out. One thing I have been suspecting and havnt replaced is the
one-way bearing and housing. It does some funny things and I need to replace it
next. Hope you guys dont mind about my b!tch session I am just venting. Its not
like my wife gives a sh!t about heli's and she doesnt care to talk about them. So
I have no one else to vent too.

I just have to say I must have some kind of bad Karma with this heli. I do wonder
about that one-way bearing though. Was that part of the problem from the beginning?
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:59 pm

I can grab the main gear with my hands on both sides and twist the gear up on one
side and down on the other at the same time, back and forth just a little. This motion
makes my mainshaft actually turn in a clockwise direction.

Is that normal? Anyone else can do this?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:03 pm

I just tried and mine does the same thing, never noticed that before, but I do remember hearing of people wanting the section of frame around the lower bearing strengthened, this might be why
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Just tried!!   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:12 pm

suriano wrote:
I can grab the main gear with my hands on both sides and twist the gear up on one
side and down on the other at the same time, back and forth just a little. This motion

With the CFPro "E" there is NO deflection!!! However with the all metal there IS just exactly what you decribe!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks for checking that Marc, Only now I dont know what to do.
I have wondered about adding strength to the frame myself. But Still
what the heck is wrong with this thing? Something is causing this bad
vibration.

Also I put an extra tail pushrod guide on the boom. I read where that
helped some one else out with there vibrations. No luck. I have replaced
everything but the one-way unit so maybe I will look into that.

Or maybe I will just have to put the Hurricane head back on. Something
tells me that it is not the head this time though.....
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:13 pm

Hmm. I tried this on my e-smart and movement is SO small that it is hard to notice it. If I add more force the gear plastic starts to move orange73
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:14 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
suriano wrote:

With the CFPro "E" there is NO deflection!!! However with the all metal there IS just exactly what you decribe!!

So whats the difference between the two? Just the CF material for the frame???
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:17 pm

P3tras wrote:
Hmm. I tried this on my e-smart and movement is SO small that it is hard to notice it. If I add more force the gear plastic starts to move orange73

Yes the movement is very small. The question is if you move it back and forth repeating
that it will actually move the mainshaft in clockwise rotation.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: frame   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Yea that all thats diff. both look to be cut the same otherwise..
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:19 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
Yea that all thats diff. both look to be cut the same otherwise..

orange78 Maybe the CF material is all that is needed for the overall strength of the frame.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:35 pm

This is what it looks like now...

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 Helipictures055

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 Helipictures054-1

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 Helipictures056

I think it needs more color....
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:54 pm

suriano wrote:
This is what it looks like now...

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 Helipictures055

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 Helipictures054-1

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 Helipictures056

I think it needs more color....

it looks sleek :bigthumb: but yes more color is needed, don't want to lose sight of it again Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:41 pm

Here is the project I am working on now....Lower frame reinforcements using aluminium
spacers.Made the frame really stiff.. Also thinking of a 3rd main bearing. Checking on
that now.........

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 Helipictures057

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 Helipictures059

Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: 3rd Main   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Yea I';ve already decided on the 3rd main!! I'm gonna use the same set of thrusted ones I put on the EXI500 replacing the top one and adding one in the middle!! I will need to do some machine work on the blocks cause the exi frames are slightly wider then the "E' so I will need to take some metal off the new blocks but it looks easy enough!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:11 pm

........................CONGRATULATIONS TO ME............................
It works and very very well. I just got back from fly'n the smoothest esmart heli yet!

The frame re-enforcements work so good, the heli feels more solid than ever.
Also not a single vib. or twitch at all. The smoothest flight ever,even with the
esmart metal head.

Esmart owners need to do this mod. it is very easy to do....
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Serendipity ...   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:29 pm

It appears, Suriano, that you are doomed to solve all of our E-Smart problems for us -- even those we don't yet know we have!

It appears you have a love/hate relationship with the E-Smart. Just remember, romance is the art of creating and relieving tension. If it just behaved like a good little helicopter, you wouldn't give a sh*t about it (what a crock of BS!).

But seriously, well-earned kudos and the taste of success are yours.

Now, get the 003k kit, and build another one! (that's the carbon fiber version).

I think that's where I'll be going, too. I think you did all the learning for me on the metal edition, for which I'm eternally grateful.

Here's to hoping mine works.

Mick
PS Speaking of bitching, I've spent two weeks with craigslist ads trying to find a new singer for our band. Out of 20 responses, i narrowed it to three, plus one girl we already knew. One guy turned out to be homeless, and more of a music fan than a singer, and the two other girls trying to make a career of singing were like early auditions from American Idol. But I digress ...

The girl we already knew gets the gig, btw...
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:14 pm

here are those Mikado Links I bought last week, they work good and are stronger then the originals ones but since they are 1 piece (not adjustable) and longer then what the E-Smart needs you need to mod them a bit to make the work, but after that they're much better then stock

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 Mi7

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 Mi5
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:18 pm

you don't need to buy the extra balls from mikado, the links fit on the ES balls just fine
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Are you keeping it a secret? The mod you did or doing to the links....
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:19 pm

sorry, I was working on adding info about spares, but what I did was cut the link in half, then I needed to cut some material away then used part of the rod from the original ESky link
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:20 pm

wheres your thread about mods? :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Question??   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:06 pm

Hey guys, I got a question, Maybe I missed something but why are we looking at mods. on this link?? Is it cause they might become hard to get??
Sorry, if I missed this before..
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:01 pm

The mods on my esmart are really what this thread is about. Rebuild of esmart. In the
begining I searched for this stuff and couldnt find it. So I decided to document my rebuilds
and mods. I do however like to see others and untill now there wasnt a place to put it.
Nuttcaze has provided the changes on the forum to do that.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: MODS>   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Yea I understand that. What I'm asking about are the "big links" that Nuttsey is posting about.. I'm just wondering whats it about.. Did I miss someone having a problem with them other than having a hard time finding them..????
Oh When I said before "link" I didn't mean thread, I meant that big link...
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Oh, I got you...I think just because they are weak. I have a feeling you havnt had problems
with them and wondering why its up for conversation. I havnt had problems either other than
putting pliers on them to loosen them up. I am however always interested in upgrades or ideas
of stronger parts. I think Marc knew I would appretiate it, and he was right. I do...
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: MODS   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:08 pm

Yes Thats cool!! Thats what I wanted to know!! No, I haven't had any problems with them....Yet!! Fact mine are still pretty tight even after I've tryed to loosen them up some.. But now I'm startin to fly much harder so it may be in my future!!

Are you going to detail your frame stiffening MOD?? I would like to do that to the CF frame I'm gonna do up.. I'll be installing a third main first and plan on showing that maybe here but I think I'm gonna start a thread for it since I plan on doin a bunch of mods.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:17 am

I would like to see a thread about your "Monster E" Build, alot of people would :bigthumb:

as far as the links, I haven't had probs with the ESky ones either, except for the big links wearing out after alot of flying (I've put a crap load of flight time on my E'Smart's) But since the links are kinda scarce right now, the Mikado Logo links are a good alternative if people are looking for some, but the links also happen to be stronger so its a bonus to use them if you're planning on doing some hard 3D or just want a better link, I know my metal edition will be gettin a set as well as my semi-metal edition, did you see the measurements differences between the 2, I always thought the ESky ones were a bit small and they are, lol lolol
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Build   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:54 am

I'm almost done with the HDX500 build, should be this week. All I need is the REC. and the Ino-lab tail servo... Once that is done my plan is to start that.. I've got a spare CF frame and think I'll just use that since its gonna be a complete build.. No sence takin apart my CFPro that I fly... So this thing is gonna makw 3 "E"'s and the "G"!! Might need to sell something...... NAH!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next