RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Belt cp v2 servos

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cw

Belt cp v2 servos Empty
PostSubject: Belt cp v2 servos   Belt cp v2 servos I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:17 am

Setting up belt cp v2, watched ur video, my servo arms were not 90 degrees from factory,, set up arms then swash plate,, on take off heli goes backwards and left,, I expected the left back not the backwards, maybe I should have left the servos alone ?? I suppose now that I have moved them It will be some serious adjusting of everything to have vertical takeoff.
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

Belt cp v2 servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 servos   Belt cp v2 servos I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:31 am

Watch Nuttcaze's videos again. Make sure your TX is on, and in idle up (stunt) mode and the stick is exactly centered. Start at the bottom and make sure everything is level all the way up. It's very helpful to try to find someone in your area who has set up an rc heli (successfully) before and get them to walk you through it and catch your mistakes. Also if you don't have a swash leveler, get one. If you are a beginner, the more precise you are with your setup the easier it will be to fly.

It's also helpful to have an experienced pilot test fly it for you the first time.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Belt cp v2 servos Empty
PostSubject: Correct   Belt cp v2 servos I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:41 am

You are correct in your advice!!! A swash tool must be used to make sure the swash is level. There are other ways to do it but the 6 dollar tool works best!!!
Back to top Go down
flagmax

Belt cp v2 servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 servos   Belt cp v2 servos I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:00 am

Do you have a link? Thx.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Belt cp v2 servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 servos   Belt cp v2 servos I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:53 am

Back to top Go down
cw

Belt cp v2 servos Empty
PostSubject: belt cp   Belt cp v2 servos I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:48 pm

Thanks for the tips, I will probably get the swash tool, I have flown FP helis and dual rotors, I also can fly a real helicopter.. Of course it does resemble my rc flying.. Ha..
Back to top Go down
cw

Belt cp v2 servos Empty
PostSubject: Level swash plates   Belt cp v2 servos I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:34 pm

Well I did make the swash level and on take off the belt cp severely goes left, so I applied my real world full size helo experience. Did you guys know that real helo's dont have level swash plates or main shafts, the manufactures knowing the helo drifts left puts in the correct amount of correction by either tilting the mast or the swash plate to compensate for this,, so I set up my swash with some right turn input and walla it takes off straight up, imagine that. It flies fine this way.. Just a tip for anyone not wanting to have to jerk the stick to the right on take off...
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Belt cp v2 servos Empty
PostSubject: Yea!!   Belt cp v2 servos I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Yea we been thru that before!! Problem is that it always wants to go right , not just on take off. Then if you trim it out your back to square one!!
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

Belt cp v2 servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 servos   Belt cp v2 servos I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:49 pm

If you haven't checked out Radd's School of Rotary Flight, check it out....

http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

The helicopter should tend to lean/drift to the left on take off. Mine does this just as I lift of the ground, but then after it's about 3 feet off the ground, it's more stable.
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

Belt cp v2 servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 servos   Belt cp v2 servos I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:57 pm

I found this at rchelimag.com

"Tilt the swash
Next, you'll want to trim the swashplate to counter translating tendency. "Translating tendency" is what occurs when you lift a helicopter off the ground and it starts to slide. In a clockwise main rotor system, the tail pushes air to the right; this causes the model to slide to the left upon liftoff. To counter this phenomenon on a clockwise rotation rotor head, ensure that all of your cyclic digital trims are centered or set to zero, then you'll need to decrease the pushrod length of the right roll servo and increase the length of the left roll servo each by one full turn. This adds a smidge of right cyclic to counter the translating tendency.
In order to obtain the best trimming results, you'll want to go out on a day with the least amount of wind. Of course, not all of us live in an area devoid of wind, so just try to pick as calm a day as your area allows. For electric helicopters, flying indoors provides the optimal trimming environment. Make sure you fly in a larger space like a gymnasium or arena, otherwise the model will be susceptible to ground effect or other vortices created by the rotor wash."

So in essence, this article recommends tilting the swash just enough to counter the tail thrust that pushes the heli left. This won't be enough to make the heli take off straight up without any right cyclic input.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Belt cp v2 servos Empty
PostSubject: Swash tilt   Belt cp v2 servos I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:31 pm

There are many opinions about this very subject. Some say and do as the article suggests others have dffering tricks. I myself prefer to have my swash level, flat ,netural and then to compinsate for anything going on myself. But that is my choise of set-up for me!! Everyone can choose for themselves...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Belt cp v2 servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt cp v2 servos   Belt cp v2 servos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt cp v2 servos
Page 1 of 1