RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

bigger hbfp?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
247rememberme

247rememberme

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:32 pm

i am a huge fan of the hbfp(that`s the only one i`ve got)and am slightly reluctant about buying a bigger heli because of this reason orange1
to go bigger means i would have to go for a cp but that means after every crash i`d have to fix/modify/spend £`s, generally spend more time repairing than flying.
i know a lot of people in this hobby/compulsion enjoy repairing/modifying their heli`s but to me it`s a necessary evil.
so what i`m trying to say/ask is i`d like a bigger fp that can be flown outdoors in windy conditions orange71
is that possible or is there a reason why there`s nothing available orange44
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:10 pm

I never saw bigger than 300 size fp heli orange3 This heli is the same size as hb fp but it is sweet orange49
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:33 pm

P3tras wrote:
I never saw bigger than 300 size fp heli orange3 This heli is the same size as hb fp but it is sweet orange49
hey p3tras where do you find all this stuff orange78
can you find me a bigger one please orange6
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:27 pm

247, I've often thought the same thing. I know most folks that fly CP's don't care for a larger FP heli, but I fly a Belt CP and an E-Smart, but I would love to have an FP heli larger than my HBFP. If I could find one, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I guess the reason there isn't one is there isn't enough of a demand. Too bad.

I wonder how hard it would be to build one. Probably not to hard. Might be a money maker for someone.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 6:24 am

I guess I belong to the crowd that doesn't see a point of having a bigger FP. There are lots of reasons but I'll just say it doesn't make sense to me. And I hate fixing and setting up my CP's but I hardly ever crash my E-Smart so I don't care or even ever think about it. As you get better you crash less, not more. orange71
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:07 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. I crash much less than I used to, and even then, crashing is not ALL bad as you learn more about your heli by making the repairs.
But I do use my HBFP to sort of push myself to learn new things, and when I crash it, it's much quicker and MUCH cheaper to repair, so I'm more likely to push the envelope with it, which is good.
I bet you could build a larger FP though pretty easily. Maybe one day when I have enough parts and stuff laying around, I'll try it.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:09 am

If you really want a big fp heli here it is. It about 500 size fp heli. It is not yet released. Here is a video of it. And also look here But it is expensive heli orange69 And it is using direct drive main :hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:18 am

P3tras wrote:
If you really want a big fp heli here it is. It about 500 size fp heli. It is not yet released. Here is a video of it. And also look here But it is expensive heli orange69 And it is using direct drive main :hahaha:

P3, you must be an internet wizard. How do you find all of this stuff? Hey, that is a pretty good sized bird, but I didn't see a price or buy option.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:21 am

It is not released yet. I think it will be released in late autumn. Then we will know real prices. But it won't be cheaper than 300$ Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:24 am

OUCH!!!

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:39 pm

Donnie D wrote:
247, I've often thought the same thing. I know most folks that fly CP's don't care for a larger FP heli, but I fly a Belt CP and an E-Smart, but I would love to have an FP heli larger than my HBFP. If I could find one, I would buy it in a heartbeat.
hey DD,as i`ve never flown a cp heli some people may say/think that i`m crazy for at least not trying one.
the #1 reason i`m not bothered about a cp heli is this;
if,as EVERYONE says,a fp will do EVERYTHING a cp will do apart from inverted,why should i get one when i am ABSOLUTELY not bothered about inverted?
also,but maybe it`s just me,i get a feeling that because i only fly a fp i`m still a noob!
is there a feeling that when you can fly/set up a cp heli it gives you some kind of POWER to enable you to look down on all those fp flyers orange73 orange73
i am not thinking about ANYONE in this forum when i say this orange74 orange74
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
I guess I belong to the crowd that doesn't see a point of having a bigger FP. There are lots of reasons but I'll just say it doesn't make sense to me. And I hate fixing and setting up my CP's but I hardly ever crash my E-Smart so I don't care or even ever think about it. As you get better you crash less, not more. orange71
can you explain to me nuttz why a bigger fp doesn`t make sense?i only want a bigger one to fly outside in windier conditions.
i totally agree about crashing less,i now spend very little,if anything,on my hbfp but if/when trying new manoeuvres,i know i`m gonna crash,no problem orange58
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:51 pm

P3tras wrote:
hey p3tras,yet again you`ve come up trumps! orange58
i loved the video where they purposefully crash it to show how easy it is to get airborne again orange72 orange72
cp helis eat your heart out orange73 orange73
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 6:40 pm

OK, well you want to be able to fly outside in windy conditions right? But because FP helis do not allow you to apply negative pitch, you will ALWAYS be limited to how much wind you can fly in no matter what size FP you get.

Once the wind takes a FP high into the sky there are only 2 ways to get it back down, Chop the throttle, which causes the heli to lose stability and makes it more likely to go out of control and crash. Or go into a dive but thats not always possible and sometimes just doesn't work. So again you will always be limited to the amount of wind you can fly it in while maintaining good stability. Theres no way around that with a FP.

But with a CP you always have the ability to give the heli negative pitch to "Force" the heli down when the wind takes it up in the air. The design and higher head speeds of CP helis make them more stable. Also most CP's use HH gyros that keep the tail where you want it rather then chasing it like you have to do with the HBFP.

I'm not trying to talk down to you I'm just telling you the truth, since you have never flown a CP so you really can't begin to understand how much easier a properly set-up CP is to fly. Especially when it comes to flying in wind.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:07 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
OK, well you want to be able to fly outside in windy conditions right? But because FP helis do not allow you to apply negative pitch, you will ALWAYS be limited to how much wind you can fly in no matter what size FP you get.

Once the wind takes a FP high into the sky there are only 2 ways to get it back down, Chop the throttle, which causes the heli to lose stability and makes it more likely to go out of control and crash. Or go into a dive but thats not always possible and sometimes just doesn't work. So again you will always be limited to the amount of wind you can fly it in while maintaining good stability. Theres no way around that with a FP.

But with a CP you always have the ability to give the heli negative pitch to "Force" the heli down when the wind takes it up in the air. The design and higher head speeds of CP helis make them more stable. Also most CP's use HH gyros that keep the tail where you want it rather then chasing it like you have to do with the HBFP.

I'm not trying to talk down to you I'm just telling you the truth, since you have never flown a CP so you really can't begin to understand how much easier a properly set-up CP is to fly. Especially when it comes to flying in wind.
hey nuttz,thanks for the explanation and you don`t come across as though you`re trying to patronise me orange74
i have had occasions were the wind has taken my `Bee`and i`ve cut the throttle but the one thing that has saved a crash is i`ve figured out that to have i need power to control it orange44

are you saying that with a cp it`s so easy to flick one switch to force the heli down when the wind takes it?

when an unpredictable gust of wind takes your heli who really knows how to react?we all react to the unpredictable situation surely?that`s the fascinating/addictive part of this hobby orange78
also,are you trying to recommend a cp heli as a natural progression orange73
Back to top Go down
willy007

willy007

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: funcopter   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:14 pm

Nice the funcopter looks like it would be alot of um hehe fun..
:hahaha:
I like how durable it is, and i think it has a brushless motor, if they would have thrown in an l.e.d lighting sytem it would be everthing i want in a fp copter, i notice alot more copters are comong with l.e.d systems these days, http://www.helipal.com/lama-v4-2-4ghz-2009-special-edition.html , http://www.helipal.com/walkera-lama-400-helicopter-2-4g-metal-edition.html . I really like that because flying at night is much better for me less wind, its cooler out, and no one in the neighbor hood is out so i dont need to worry about crashin into anyone orange6 .
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:23 pm

i`m actually thinking more of a fp rather than a co-ax heli willy07.
i`ve yet to try the delights of a night-flight but have seen `em on youtube and they look awesome orange6
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:44 pm

247rememberme wrote:

are you saying that with a cp it`s so easy to flick one switch to force the heli down when the wind takes it?

also,are you trying to recommend a cp heli as a natural progression orange73

yep, when a CP is in Idle UP, all you need to do is move the throttle stick down and the heli will come DOWN!, lol

But 80% the people who fly CP's do because is because it really is the next step in RC Helis after a FP, you don't need to do 3D or even anything close, but most people end up flying CP's becuase they fill the needs of the pilots, wanting to fly outside in wind without having to worry about losing your heli, lol.

One day you will come to the dark side of CP's, but the HBFP is still one of my favorite helis.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 10:38 pm

Nutz has a good point. As much as I love my HBFP (I allways plan to own one no mater what else I have) my Belt CP and E-Smart are actually easier to fly. Much, much more stable.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 8:28 am

Nuttcaze wrote:
One day you will come to the dark side of CP's, but the HBFP is still one of my favorite helis.
laughing013 laughing013 laughing013
thanks for making a great case for a cp,i`m gonna have to think real hard AGAIN about my next heli.
i was all set to go for the new `Bee`,but now i`m caught in the same dilemma that i had before.
the main thing about buying a cp heli is whilst i`d be flying it i don`t think i`d be enjoying it `cos of the inevitable crash/repair orange78
with the `Bee` most crashes are simply fixed which makes every flight a BUZZ orange71
i don`t crash very often now but a cp might make my hands shake,my heart bust outta my chest and bring a tear to my eye as i picked up all the little pieces orange6 orange6
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 8:34 am

Donnie D wrote:
my Belt CP and E-Smart are actually easier to fly. Much, much more stable.

hey DD,i know i`m in the minority here but it`s the challenge of the `Bee` that gives me such a BUZZ Crazysmile

if it had been easy to fly i`d have got bored a long time ago headbeat
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:55 am

ifs funny because with co-ax's they're so easy it's painful, but with single rotor helis, even though the big ones are soo much easier to fly, it doesn't make them any less exciting, it makes them more exciting orange71
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 2:30 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
ifs funny because with co-ax's they're so easy it's painful, but with single rotor helis, even though the big ones are soo much easier to fly, it doesn't make them any less exciting, it makes them more exciting orange71
absolutely agree with that orange74
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:48 pm

Quote :
thanks for making a great case for a cp,i`m gonna have to think real hard AGAIN about my next heli.
i was all set to go for the new `Bee`,but now i`m caught in the same dilemma that i had before.
the main thing about buying a cp heli is whilst i`d be flying it i don`t think i`d be enjoying it `cos of the inevitable crash/repair orange78
with the `Bee` most crashes are simply fixed which makes every flight a BUZZ orange71
i don`t crash very often now but a cp might make my hands shake,my heart bust outta my chest and bring a tear to my eye as i picked up all the little pieces orange6 orange6

Yeah, crashing cp heli sucks orange83 In fact I didn't crash my belt cp for more than 3 months. How? Because I fly like real signs149 When I fly cp heli I have fears of crashing it, so I fly without any 'cool' moves. But I am improving very slowly because of that. But when I get fp heli in my hands, I buzz it around without any fears. If I crash it in most cases it's fine. And if you need to repair it it is cheap and easy compared to cp. I wish I haven't sold my hb fp when I bought my belt cp.
P.S. I don't know what will happen to me when I will fly e-smart :hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:53 am

P3tras wrote:

P.S. I don't know what will happen to me when I will fly e-smart :hahaha:

I do, you will wonder why everyone doesn't fly BIG helis, its going to be soo easy for you to fly it.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:02 pm

P3tras wrote:
Yeah, crashing cp heli sucks orange83 In fact I didn't crash my belt cp for more than 3 months. How? Because I fly like real signs149 When I fly cp heli I have fears of crashing it, so I fly without any 'cool' moves. But I am improving very slowly because of that. But when I get fp heli in my hands, I buzz it around without any fears. If I crash it in most cases it's fine. And if you need to repair it it is cheap and easy compared to cp. I wish I haven't sold my hb fp when I bought my belt cp.
hey p3tras,just when i`d more or less forget about the new `Bee`and started SERIOUSLY thinking of going for a cp orange44 orange44 orange44
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:12 pm

I say go to the cp, BUT also stick with your honey bee fp. It'll be alot of fun flying cp heli. But when are you practicing new move (figure's eight, nose in...) fly with your honey bee. I think it would be perfect orange49
P.S. When you get cp heli DON'T practice loops and inverted flying on hb orange80
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:23 pm

P3tras wrote:
When you get cp heli DON'T practice loops and inverted flying on hb orange80
orange45 orange45 orange45 orange45
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Like P3, I try to fly my Belt CP and E-Smart like I'm inside the heli. Of course if I were inside the heli, I would be dead by now...many times over, but I try. Now the HBFP is a different story. I go to town with that baby. Crashed it yesterday harder than I ever have, nose first into the ground. Only damage was a corner torn off the canopy that I fixed with a few laywrs of packing tape. Couldn't believe it. Crashed it today. Only damage was outer paddle control frame. Ten munute fix. That is one tough bird. That is why I'll allways have one. Love that thing.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bigger hbfp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bigger hbfp?   bigger hbfp? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bigger hbfp?
Page 1 of 1