RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Esky Lipo charger

Go down 
+8
Bert
--==AxeL==--
blackrain0119
Trinot
Nuttcaze
P3tras
Donnie D
Pittnuma
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:33 pm

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me if the Lipo charger that comes with the new Honey Bee V2 is any good or do you have to get a better charger?

Also the new HBFP V2 uses the 11.1V 800mah battery I think, can you go upto 1500mah or would this do damage?

DC
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:43 pm

The Esky charger will get you by for awhile. I still use mine (I have 3) to charge my 7.4v batts. But if you plan to stay in the hobby, you wil probably want to get a better charger as soon as you can.

The mAh rating doesn't provide more "power", only provides the power for more or less time. In other words an 11.1v 1500 mAh batt will give you a longer flight time than an 11.1v 1000 mAh batt. Both would supply you with 11.1v of "power".

To answer your question, you could use any mAh rate batt on the new HBFP as long as it isn't too heavy and does not exceed 11.1v. A 1500 mAh batt would be heavier than a 1000 mAh batt.

Hope I didn't confuse you,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 5:15 pm

Gotcha! So I could in theory use a 11.1V 2500mah but it would probably not lift off the deck due to the weight!!

I shal look into a new charger at some time.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:18 pm

But esky charger is GREAT. In your case I would stick with esky charger. Only go to computerized chargers when you have big batteries (eg 2000mah) and bored to wait 7 hours to charge. But for honey bee batteries it will be great. And it will charge in less than 2 hours.
P.S. I am using esky charger for all my batteries without any problems for about a year. I ordered computerized charger few days ago because I will need to charge 6s (cells) batteries and esky charger can't do that.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:00 am

P3tras wrote:
But esky charger is GREAT.

Haha, wait till you get your new charger and use it for a few weeks then say that :hahaha:

but I do agree that they work fine for the small batteries but I still recommend getting a computerized charger, it'll make soo much easier.
Back to top Go down
Trinot

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:04 pm

Hey just for your info. I just bought 4 new batteries. I got 3 800 mah and 1 1000 mah for my honey bee fp V2. I just weighed the batteries on my digital scales and they said that the 800 mah weighs 72 grams and the 1,000 weighed 89 grams. You can really tell there is a good amount of difference in weight. I personally think going above 1000 mah might be a bad idea, because when I looked at 1200 and 1300's they weighed a considerable amount more. Here is also another thing. The website said the 800 mah weighed 75 and the 1K mah weighed 87, for a difference of 12grams, but there is actually a difference of 17 grams which makes the weight difference even more considerable. I don't know how many grams it takes to effect the flight characteristics of the Honey Bee, maybe nuttcaze or someone more experienced could tell us? Anywhoo, I will post how much the stock battery weighs later on today when I get my Heli. When I get flying or at least messing around to where I can test the batteries I will let you know what I think of them [ Turnigy Brand from hobbycity.com ]
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:58 pm

better stick of the 800 mah. Also i still think you should buy computerized charger. Trust me, it makes oyur life a lot easier. :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:41 pm

Getting 1 next month, I'm getting sick of charging 4 batteries and not being able to go anywhere just to watch they do not overcharge.

Just not made up my mind which 1.

Probably going to be a Thunder AC6 and have to put up with high postage, cheapest I have found is $54 with $32 postage orange83
I have decided against Imax B6, too many bad reports I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:30 pm

Pittnuma wrote:
I have decided against Imax B6, too many bad reports I'm afraid.

orange54 Doh! orange54
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:41 pm

--==AxeL==-- wrote:
orange54 Doh! orange54

Sorry AxeL, yours arrived? Hope it's OK.
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Not here yet, I thought I was getting a bargain, but, ho hum! Perhaps not. Anyway all I can do is give it a go, you never know I might just be lucky and get a good one :crylaugh:

orange2 orange3 orange51
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:21 pm

Hmmm... I was reading and looking about chargers and found this topic.

I dont have a problem with small batteries for models of 4 channels (like the baby Dauphin or the HBFP).

But man... for the Belt.. wait 5-7 hours without leaving them alone it is like a TV Marathon!

Many here say get a computerized one... my question and the reason I'm reading in this forum is: Ok, but which one??? Which suits good for big Esky lipo batteries like the Belt CP or EXI 450, and with which other Lipo non Esky batteries may work?

Thank you *curtsies* :crylaugh:
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:27 pm

All computerized chargers should charge esky (and others) lipo batts. I bought this charger and I am very happy with it. It looks high qualify and keeps cool during charging progress :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Charger I bought   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:35 pm

I purchased a Hyperion 0606i AC/DC charger. It's kind of expensive but it can charge just about anything, up to 5A. It also allows me to connect my computer to the charger to monitor the charges. The graphs show charging of the pack and also the balancing of the cells. I'm a computer nerd also so I was interested in getting the charging data on the cells.
Back to top Go down
shadowforce1946

shadowforce1946

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: batteries ETC   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:17 pm

I just ordered my HBFP V2, 2 extra 800 mha batteries and a charger from xheli. Plane $99, batteries $23.95, DYNAM charger $37.95 and the shipping was only $22.07 ground UPS. Probably wouldn't go over 1000 mha on the battery because of weight. I'm not sure if the v2 is stronger than the other HB's or not. Marc can tell you. :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:01 pm

Well honey bee V2 uses the same motor, but it runs on 11.1V battery so it is more powerful than V1 :bigthumb: I think you should not exceed 1200mah :prop:
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: UPS   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:43 pm

shadowforce1946 They charged you 22 bucks for ups ground? Dangggg man that seems high for
ups ground and that will be 7 days before ya see the order.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:10 pm

sdjb wrote:
shadowforce1946 They charged you 22 bucks for ups ground? Dangggg man that seems high for
ups ground and that will be 7 days before ya see the order.

sdjb

Do you think it is expensive? I know i live in Mexico, but 2 main gears, 2 feathering shaft paddles from Xheli to my place, 32 bucks by the spare parts, and USD 73.49 for shipping using USPOS ground...

Thats why I buy from China... the same by just 7 bucks... :crylaugh:
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:30 am

@bert, where do you usually buy part in china?
Back to top Go down
shadowforce1946

shadowforce1946

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: shipping   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:06 am

I know. UPS is making a killing off us rc nuts. I think I'm going to buy spock in their company. orange49
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Esky Lipo charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esky Lipo charger   Esky Lipo charger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Esky Lipo charger
Page 1 of 1