RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

NEED HELP!!!! Servo failure

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BPD Pilot

NEED HELP!!!!  Servo failure Empty
PostSubject: NEED HELP!!!! Servo failure   NEED HELP!!!!  Servo failure I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:12 am

I have a EXI 450se clone from xheli.com (Carbon fiber edition)
Components are:
Align 35A ESC
Ino lab 202 MG Servos
401 gyro with 9257 tail servo
AR6100e receiver/DX6i Tx

My problem is after 6 or 7 batts of flying, no 3D just hover and slow fwd flight, one servo fails. I have used these servos in other helis, never a problem. The first time it failed I sent it back for a new replacement. The second failure just occurred and it was the replacement servo placed in the aileron channel in the receiver. The same place the first one failed. The servo still gets power but doesn't respond to tx inputs. If I move the servo arm the servo will respond to tx inputs. I tested all channels of the receiver for correct voltage, 5V. Any suggestions on what could be causing this failure will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP!!!! Servo failure   NEED HELP!!!!  Servo failure I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:21 am

thats pretty good electronics you got on your exi. Anyway, it might be just the servo. Could be a stripped Gear? or maybe you should just rebind your dx6i to your rx.
Back to top Go down
BPD Pilot

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP!!!! Servo failure   NEED HELP!!!!  Servo failure I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:28 am

thanks for the input. I guess I should have listed all the trouble shooting I have already done. I did check servo, no stripped gears. Tried the bind deal. the question is why would a brand new servo fail in the same channel in the receiver twice without a crash. It failed at the same time of use, 6 or 7 batts. I have a new receiver coming. I don't want to throw another servo in there without knowing what might be cauing the failure
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP!!!! Servo failure   NEED HELP!!!!  Servo failure I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:51 am

good question! That seems very odd to me. I have 5 exi"s and Ive been using the same rx you have, and none of my servos failed, well except for crashes. So i really dont know whats going on. I wish i could help you, but i never encountered that kind of problem. Let me know and update me as soon as you find out what really is going on with your servo. Thanks and goodluck
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP!!!! Servo failure   NEED HELP!!!!  Servo failure I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:55 am

did you try plugging the servo into another channel to see if it'd do anything? Maybe the channel went dead on the Rx orange78
Back to top Go down
BPD Pilot

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP!!!! Servo failure   NEED HELP!!!!  Servo failure I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:21 am

The failed servo doesn't work in any other channel or any other helicopter. Other servos work fine in the aileron channel. But for how long is the question?? I also don't see any swash binding problems.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP!!!! Servo failure   NEED HELP!!!!  Servo failure I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:50 am

This may sound dumb, but if you are using a digital Tx like a DX6i, check your swash mix setting for the aileron function and see if it needs to be adjusted relative to your elevator setting.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
BPD Pilot

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP!!!! Servo failure   NEED HELP!!!!  Servo failure I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:57 am

Here are my Tx settings
Travel ADJ: Throttle, Aile, Elev are 100%
Swash mix: Aile -75, Elev +75, Pitch -85
all other setting are standard or at zero
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP!!!! Servo failure   NEED HELP!!!!  Servo failure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP!!!! Servo failure
Page 1 of 1