RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Power Failure

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jeepharley

jeepharley

Power Failure Empty
PostSubject: Power Failure   Power Failure I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:44 pm

During hovering at 4 to 5ft, nothing higher not ready for that, I lost power. Not sure why - Helicopter landed just fine as I applied full power. No response from brushless motor. Everything look just fine added power and off I went back to hovering. Later on, same battery pack, during hovering (just learning) I lost power. Helicopter landed just fine. Could I be losing power in one of the three cells? I don't have a charger/balancer just what came with the helicopter. ESKY belt cp v2. 11.1v 2100mah 20c mystery battery. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Power Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Failure   Power Failure I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:00 am

I'm thinking that you were close to the end of your battery and the ESC on the Belt CP, and other helis as well, have a low battery cut off circuit that will cut the power when the batt voltage gets down to a certain level. You landed, batt recovered a bit, you lifted off again and a few seconds later the esc batt cut off circuit kicked in again. This is a built in safety feature, and what happened is normal. Does that sound like what happened? I suggest that you fly a battery for about 6 to 7 minutes only so you don't over discharge them. It can shorten the life of your batts substantially. I beleive you should not discharge them below 3.8v per cell. Someone correct me if I'm steering him wrong.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

Power Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Failure   Power Failure I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:46 am

Any radio interferance can cause funny things to happen to.
Back to top Go down
jeepharley

jeepharley

Power Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Failure   Power Failure I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:42 am

That helps alot. Thank You!!
Back to top Go down
RTF-HELI

Power Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Failure   Power Failure I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:03 am

Have to agree with Donnie. The ESC usually has a cut off voltage threshold. Once that is reached, the ESC cuts off the power. If ou have a programmable ESC, you might be able to change the threshold level. BTW, this threshold level is really for protecting your 11.1v LIPO Battery. LIPO batteries do eventually fail as the chemicals wear out.

flyaway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Power Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Failure   Power Failure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Failure
Page 1 of 1