RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cgetman02

cgetman02

Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop Empty
PostSubject: Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop   Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Do any of you guys have any experience with any on the below parts in trying to eliminate some of the tail pitch control slop.

https://www.readyheli.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AT450%2F450P%2DPTU&CartID=1
https://www.readyheli.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HS1295&CartID=3
https://www.readyheli.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HS1281

I am currently running two 450 metal upgrade tails, one EXI and one CopterX. I'm interested in trying to eliminate some of the freeplay in the tail blades I see in both tails. There seems to me there is too much freeplay in the linkage when you move the tail blades with your fingers. The linkage doesn't have one particular joint with slop it seems to be a cumulative effect of several joints with more slop than I like.

Anyone have any suggestions on the above parts or other possible solutions?

orange78
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Pulled the trigger on the parts   Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:03 am

I'll let you guys know how the parts work out in getting rid of some or all of the slop in the tail mechanism. I didn't order the tail slider bushing as I'm not sure if it would fit my assemblies. Anyone ever replace a tail slider bushing?

Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Installing the update tonite   Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:12 pm

cgetman02 wrote:
I'll let you guys know how the parts work out in getting rid of some or all of the slop in the tail mechanism. I didn't order the tail slider bushing as I'm not sure if it would fit my assemblies. Anyone ever replace a tail slider bushing?

Crazysmile

I'm installing the KDE links and an Align metal tail control arm on one of my 450s tonite. Hopefully I will have a report on the update tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

:clap:
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop   Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:06 pm

This might be slop free.....

Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop MH-TX2142TS_l
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Looks Like "Da Terminator"   Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:26 pm

suriano wrote:
This might be slop free.....

Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop MH-TX2142TS_l

OUCH! I just looked up the price on that tail assy! I'm too cheap to spend that much on one tail assy!

The above looks like a promising tail assembly. I am trying to reuse as many of my parts as possible and still get a tight tail assembly. So far I have one of my modified tails assembled and it has dramatically reduced the freeplay of the tail assembly. I'm bonding the bearings in the KDE tail links for the other heli. Will assemble that one in the morning and hopefully I will get a chance to fly them in the morning.

It has to be better with the mods than it was without. (I hope!)

:clap:

Last edited by cgetman02 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added price comment)
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Flew great this morning!   Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:58 pm

Tail upgrade is a success! Much less freeplay, I'm the weak link in the control of the heli now (as if I havent' been the weak link all along). I would reccomend the above upgrade if you are interested in reducing the freeplay in your 450 tail assembly.

:bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop   Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Post some pictures. I for one dont fully understand what you did.....
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Pictures of Modification   Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 pm

Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop IMG_0194

Shows the new Align pitch control arm and the KDE link between the blade grip and the slider bracket

Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop IMG_0184

Closeup of the KDE link. Replaces the plastic link with the bushings on both ends. The KDE link reuses the bushing/screw on the small end of the link but adds a flanged bearing on the large end of the link replacing the bushing there.

Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop IMG_0187

This shows the Align CNC control arm. The original plastic arms had quite a bit of freeplay at the pivot and at the connection to the slider.

The freeplay has been reduced by at least 85%. The KDE links are about $15 and the Align control arms were about $8. So probably about $23 invested in the modification. I have done this mod on both a CopterX metal upgrade tail assy. and a EXI metal upgrade tail assy. Both tails tightened up the freeplay. I'm happy!

Questions?
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop   Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:03 pm

Thanks for the pics. Really good job! I have the same tail setup and could use this
info to my advantage. Thanks.............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop   Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parts to eliminate some of the EXI 450 tail slop
Page 1 of 1