RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
reptileman

NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help... Empty
PostSubject: NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help...   NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:08 pm

HI I am new here and just got a honeybee V2 I am used to flying the coax helies... And i hope i can fly the honeybee... Anyhow I have some ?'s maybe somebody can help me here....
First on the box it says it was set up and tested from the factory... so i am thinking it should be good...but I know how that works so her's my ?'s

The blades seem pretty tight how should they move how should they be set up?
Also do i need a big space to fly this thing ...I seen videos and it seems like they always are flying in huge spots with loads of room.... could this be flown in a small area?
Like a small back yard?

Also I want to hook the training software in my CPU but i don't want to do it if it's not safe anyone hook it in there CPU ?
Also is there anything special one should do to hook up and load it in the cpu?

THANKS

Last edited by reptileman on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
reptileman

PostSubject: Re: NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help...   NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:10 pm

well looked at the V2 set up videos on this site and did everything... I reved her up for the first time and I have to say I am very disapointed I never seen a heli so out of balance!!
It wobbles like crazy...enought to make me want to pack it up back in the box and sell it!!
the paddles are even?Are they this bad... I know i seen the Xheli video ans one wobbled like crazy but i thought it was maybe just the one in the video?

THANKS
Back to top Go down
HexHead

PostSubject: Re: NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help...   NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:21 pm

Hey reptileman,

I'm sure others will post some more info later, but let me be the first to tell you that heli setup is just as intricate as heli flying. My experience is that helis are never setup correctly from the factory. If you have a wobble more often than not its the main blades. One of your questions was how tight they should be. You may get different answers from different people but the idea is to let them be loose enough so that they can straighten out when the heli spools up. I like mine a little on the loose side, not too loose where they are floppin around though. Just experiment until it stops wobbling.

Also, make sure your blades are balanced.

When setup right, there should be practically no wobble if any.

Do yourself a favor and DONT pack it up and sell it, the HBFP is loads of fun.
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help...   NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:25 pm

welcome sign Reptileman, Yes you should be able to fly in your back yard (I try to hover over my driveway because the grass seems to break more parts). You need to watch all of nuttcaze's set up video's before you try to hover or fly. You just hook up the USB cord to the computer and install the disc (don't think it works with vista to good though). Here is another good site to check out for basic set up on the hbfp v1 witch is same from swashplate up and 4in1 is same also.
Hope this helps some....
Back to top Go down
reptileman

PostSubject: Re: NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help...   NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:23 am

Hi yes i did loosen the blades and the vibration dissapeared...they where much to tight out of the box.
HexHead wrote:
Hey reptileman,

I'm sure others will post some more info later, but let me be the first to tell you that heli setup is just as intricate as heli flying. My experience is that helis are never setup correctly from the factory. If you have a wobble more often than not its the main blades. One of your questions was how tight they should be. You may get different answers from different people but the idea is to let them be loose enough so that they can straighten out when the heli spools up. I like mine a little on the loose side, not too loose where they are floppin around though. Just experiment until it stops wobbling.

Also, make sure your blades are balanced.

When setup right, there should be practically no wobble if any.

Do yourself a favor and DONT pack it up and sell it, the HBFP is loads of fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help...   NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW here... Esky honeybee V2 help...
Page 1 of 1