RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

My new Honeybee v2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Willy Green

Willy Green

My new Honeybee v2 Empty
PostSubject: My new Honeybee v2   My new Honeybee v2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Hi, new to this site.
Been flying for 2 months now.
Got my honey bee v2 the other day, thanks too nuttcasez great review on you tube!
Well, my new honey bee is awesome but the lift on it is weird. The blades seem to be off and im trying to level them with no luck. I have barely any vibration on it. The Heli is only 2 days old, a couple of light crashes but nothing serious.
Sometimes i give it almost full throttle and it doesn't lift.. and sometimes it does and sometimes it will drop altitude while giving more throttle. I am flying in warehouse so i know its not wind pushing the heli down. Is this a blade tracking problem? or my proportions off or gain? i had to mess with those before i could achieve stable flight, it flew out of the box just kind of off, tail kept wagging left to right but fixed that problem.
Any Help would be great!
Back to top Go down
txflyer512

txflyer512

My new Honeybee v2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Honeybee v2   My new Honeybee v2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Are you running it on the battery that the heli came with? My battery on my hb crapped out in 3 days and I had the same problem. Look into getting a new lipo like the outrage and try that, thats a great lipo battery!
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

My new Honeybee v2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Honeybee v2   My new Honeybee v2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:33 am

When you add more power, do the blades make a weird sound? That was happening to mine and I came to find out my blades were inverting as I added power. I switched to the wooden blades which solved that problem. Those plastic blades do not work well if they are warm.
Back to top Go down
Willy Green

Willy Green

My new Honeybee v2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Honeybee v2   My new Honeybee v2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:42 am

I'm using the the battery it came with. I'll check that battery out.
I think it's the heat; I'm in southern cali in a non a/c warehouse. When I rev the main motor up slighty the blades track, but when really give it power the blades go way off. Any pair of blades I can replace without changing the blade holders? Any good brand?

The wierd thing is my honey bee v1 flys awesome, maybe it doesnt have enough power to invert the blades, considering there the same type of blade as the v2.
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

My new Honeybee v2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Honeybee v2   My new Honeybee v2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:17 am

This is what I use https://www.ushobbysupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=783
You won't need to change anything. They fit with the stock set up.
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

My new Honeybee v2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Honeybee v2   My new Honeybee v2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:22 am

Does 10 degree give it more bite in the air than the 8 degree?

Notice you can have either, anybody tried the 2 and can describe the difference?

Been wondering if I am going to aswell.
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

My new Honeybee v2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Honeybee v2   My new Honeybee v2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:25 am

If you upgrade to a faster motor, than you could use the 8 degree motor. 10 is recommended for the stock motor to give it more bite
Back to top Go down
Willy Green

Willy Green

My new Honeybee v2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Honeybee v2   My new Honeybee v2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks for all the help, Great community! New blades on there way. = )

By the way my battery is taking over 3 1/2 hours to charge on my HB v2. Does that mean the battery is bad?
Back to top Go down
Willy Green

Willy Green

My new Honeybee v2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Honeybee v2   My new Honeybee v2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks for the link too the wooden blades! They look great and my new HB v2 flys really stable and gains altitude now. Ive already crashed the thing 3 times and no blade damage so far! You rock! :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new Honeybee v2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Honeybee v2   My new Honeybee v2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new Honeybee v2
Page 1 of 1