RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

left moving tail

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowforce1946

shadowforce1946

left moving tail Empty
PostSubject: left moving tail   left moving tail I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:48 pm

On my hbfp tails moves right onspin up. Left rudder on stick. Works normal. On my cp on spin up tail goes right to 4 o'clock. Then to 6 o'clock. More power and goes to left. Have to put in right stick to bring iot back. Is this normal? I can fly it, but i have to remember difference between hbfp and belt when i fly. :hahaha:
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

left moving tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: left moving tail   left moving tail I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Is your belt gyro set in HH mode (0 on tx gyro switch)? Tail should stay where you put it. Only whole heli should drift to the left (that is normal on all cp helis)
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

left moving tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: left moving tail   left moving tail I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:09 pm

P3tras wrote:
Quote :
Is your belt gyro set in HH mode (0 on tx gyro switch)? Tail should stay where you put it. Only whole heli should drift to the left (that is normal on all cp helis)

How 'tight' will the HH gyro hold the nose in the same direction? I am wondering because a get a 'drift' when I am working on hovering, needing to add right rudder to correct it.

Is this something that needs to be adjusted on the gyro? I still need to check to see if the servo rod is maybe binding or out of adjustment, but was still wondering.
Back to top Go down
shadowforce1946

shadowforce1946

left moving tail Empty
PostSubject: jackl71   left moving tail I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:26 pm

I have the same problem with heading hold on i have to keep stick 1/2 way to right to keep tail straight. I'm having a left tail spin on lift off. When i switch gyro to reverse it spins in a circle. i have no rudder control at all with stick. Mine is going back tomorrow. orange83
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

left moving tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: left moving tail   left moving tail I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:35 pm

While hovering I don't need to touch rudder stick at all orange6 I set gain on tx on ~40%, delay to 0% (on gyro), and limit a little bit less than 50%. Set limit so the servo travel as far as it can without any bindings in the tail. And make sure you don't move heli when you plug the battery. Don't move it till gyro calibrates itself (steady red light turns on). And when you plug the battery make sure all trims are at the center on tx (throttle can be lower)
Back to top Go down
shadowforce1946

shadowforce1946

left moving tail Empty
PostSubject: p3tras left moving tail   left moving tail I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Could you sent me photos of your set up? I'm not sure wher thes degree settings are> You have given me more info than anyone has thanks :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

left moving tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: left moving tail   left moving tail I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:08 am

OK, I will upload photo a little bit later :grinn:
Back to top Go down
shadowforce1946

shadowforce1946

left moving tail Empty
PostSubject: p3tras   left moving tail I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:23 am

Thanks, I would appreciate it. I have a couple of other questions, if you don't mind. I finally got a xheli tec on another site. He said move rudder stick full right and see which way servo arm travels towards or away from heli and move a small amount in that directionuntil tail stays straight at 6 o'clock. Makes sense, but i haven't done it. I'm really thinking of sending it back. He said they test fly them before shipping . They sure missed mine. The batteries that came with it lasted about 3 min in the tx. I replaced with new energizes and they lasted about 10 min before far green light went dim on tx.
Thanks for your help, i really appreciate it. I need to talk with someone that really knows this heli. Saw a cool vidoe yesterday for checking tail. He took a camera tri pod. A bearing and plate from an old cd drive mounted it to the tri pod put a bracket to mount heli. Spun up and he could watch the tail spin or stay steady on spin up. :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

left moving tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: left moving tail   left moving tail I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:07 am

P3tras said:
Quote :
I set gain on tx on ~40%, delay to 0% (on gyro), and limit a little bit less than 50%. Set limit so the servo travel as far as it can without any bindings in the tail.

I'll have to try these settings once I get a few repairs completed. I know already I usually have the gain at around 40%, otherwise I get some tail wag. I haven't messed with the delay and/or limit settings on the gyro yet, but I figured that was what would need some attention.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

left moving tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: left moving tail   left moving tail I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:03 pm

Here are the photos:
left moving tail Sn854545
left moving tail Sn854553
Back to top Go down
shadowforce1946

shadowforce1946

left moving tail Empty
PostSubject: Thanks for photo   left moving tail I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:02 pm

I can see it very clearly.
Thanks, shadowforce :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

left moving tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: left moving tail   left moving tail I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

left moving tail
Page 1 of 1